Lightning Strike

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Baristo wrote:

I have been using multistrike with LS+GMP and it was a really nice way to farm end game with a semi-mellee.

From these 2 quotes, and no GGG response/changes on this skill since December 10th 2012, I can believe that multistrike does not nerf the dmg from projectiles. Because it causes the skill to do 40% less Melee Damage.

Can anyone verify this, or come with a way to check it? I could download Fraps and playback etc etc.
Correct, the damage penalty on Multistrike does not apply to the projectiles.
This is an oversight that will be fixed in 0.10.7

Is this still true, tho Mutltistrike says now: "x% Less Attack Damage" ?!?!?!?!?!

And another important question, does the support gem "Melee Physical Damage" indirectly increase the projectiles damage of Lightning Strike because it says "x% More Melee Physical Damage" ?!
The Projectiles are Attacks. They are affected by Attack Damage penalties.

Melee-specific damage does not apply to Projectiles. It cannot apply 'indirectly' (there is nothing that indirectly affects the Projectiles' Damage; either it does or it doesn't), and it does not apply directly.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Projectiles are Attacks. They are affected by Attack Damage penalties.

Melee-specific damage does not apply to Projectiles. It cannot apply 'indirectly' (there is nothing that indirectly affects the Projectiles' Damage; either it does or it doesn't), and it does not apply directly.

hm sounds logical, but still are you sure that attack = projectile?
Lightning Strike deals weapon damage, so it's an Attack. The melee portion is a Melee Attack, and the projectiles are Projectile Attacks. It's as simple as that.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 7, 2013, 7:29:44 PM
Is is it worth to skill Iron Grip with over 300STR?
If you're there take it !
To crit or not to crit ?
is point blank a good passive to take with this?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
sanddemon wrote:
This skill seems like it'd be pretty badass using the new Point Blank support...

edit: also Iron Grip as well.
Lightning strike is a melee attack, not a ranged one, because it's performed with a ranged weapon.

nm my last post
"
Linuxx27 wrote:
is point blank a good passive to take with this?

Yes, if you're 1-2 points near it. Otherwise, a bunch of DPS nodes will be better.

Point blank has its drawbacks, of course, and at long range you will deal less damage than without it. But in most realistic scenarios (especially solo) you wont attack enemies with LS from long range anyway, because gaps between projectiles wont allow hitting consistently. On the other hand, hitting multiple enemies at close range will deal substantially more damage, and at medium range, damage will be almost same, with PB or without.
Since my playstyle with LS usually involved hitting enemies at close and medium range, i found PB handy there.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Anyone tried an LS setup with the new Physical Projectile support gem?

P.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info