Lightning Strike

No
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
No
I swear I've seen the middle projectile consumed by hitting the melee target.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
No
I swear I've seen the middle projectile consumed by hitting the melee target.
i get that often, but i never actually hit the monster. i suppose can blame desync but that sounds like i'm making excuses.
Any confirmation that increased projectile physical damage works with LS?
I am pretty damn certain Projectile Damage applies to Projectiles.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I am pretty damn certain Projectile Damage applies to Projectiles.

Yeah it sounds reasonable and I noticed the difference, just want to be sure it's really working.
"
MCSMvsME wrote:
Any confirmation that increased projectile physical damage works with LS?

Sure, it works. But only for projectiles, obviously.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 13, 2014, 12:56:30 PM
Just wanted to leave some feedback on one of my favorite skills ever (paired with the Molten Strike -- and soon to come Glacial Strike? :D)

So LS was one of the original skills I used way back at the beginning of OB when I first started playing this game. After trying marauder, ranger, and duelist, I cam across the Invalesco Crit Dagger build that used LS/Flicker/DS and have since been hooked on phys crit builds.

I have since made phys crit builds in every 4-month league, using LS/DS/Reave/and eventually Spectral Throw. I took a break between Nemesis and Invasion and decided to come back for the 2week Charity Race (which was amazing btw!). Once again I leveled a crit dagger build using spectral throw. Around lvl 85 I decided to give my leveled LS gem a try instead of Spectral. I was severely disappointed to see that the leech nerfs have basically made this gem entirely inferior to Spectral throw, especially when considering the mana cost (45 mana for a 4L LS vs a 5L spectral throw at 28mana). On top of the fact that we cant control the projectiles and they get blocked by everything really hold the skill back.

To supplement the Spectral throw in the 2wk, I used Molten Strike in a 4L (MS-multi-WED-CritDmg) which is pretty easy to sustain (still some problems once in awhile with 2% mana leech). Using Molten Strike has made me want to see its brother, Lightning Strike buffed.

Some possible buffs might be:

1) Make Lightning Strike have same mana cost scaling as Molten Strike because these are supposed to be the physical conversion skills for meele in the Fire and Lightning types

2) Spectral Throw with LMP allows you control the spread of projectiles and while it does take up a link, it would be nice to have a slight control of spread on LS projectiles (perhaps not as much as LMP, but more control would a good buff)

3) Make the projectiles 'float' over the ground so that they don't have to hit every damn rock in a map. It would be as if the lightning is crackling through the air to hit other targets. This would at least put it on par on its ranged ability in comparison to Spectral Throw.

Thanks for your time and I will keep my fingers crossed for the next league!

P.S. The current phys crit build is my lvl 90 Ranger: Impending_Stryke currently in Invasion
Is anyone else seeing a bug where it looks like their Lightning Strike projectiles are hitting but they are not doing damage to the target?

I've noticed this happens frequently and it is really annoying, pretty sure it is not my projectiles missing because my accuracy is around 90%.

Anyone else notice this?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Is anyone else seeing a bug where it looks like their Lightning Strike projectiles are hitting but they are not doing damage to the target?

I've noticed this happens frequently and it is really annoying, pretty sure it is not my projectiles missing because my accuracy is around 90%.

Anyone else notice this?

It's called "desync", bro.

Your enemies arent where you see them = projectiles miss.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 5, 2014, 1:17:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info