Lightning Strike

"
mrpetrov wrote:
Anyone tried an LS setup with the new Physical Projectile support gem?

P.

It wont affect your tooltip DPS (because tooltip DPS is melee one), but that may be a great support there, if you dont use LS for melee hits much.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I'm trying to figure out the best 5L-6L for lightning strike.

right now I use

5L Lightning Strike-Elemental Weapon Damage-Blood Magic-Lightning Penetration-Pierce

What would be the most optimal?
Last edited by leaderzz0rz on Dec 11, 2013, 9:24:37 AM
Crit or Resolute Technique ?
Faster Attacks for sure instead of pierce.Pierce is great but you should aim
for quality LS which has pierce.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Slagmaur wrote:

resolute technique
Last edited by LMHTB on Dec 11, 2013, 8:13:25 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Anyone tried an LS setup with the new Physical Projectile support gem?

P.

Hey petrov looks like an amazing gem for your build. Straight dps increase. Someone on reddit tested it out with lightning strike and it seems to bypass the projectile speed penalty as the projectile attack speed is based off ur melee attack speed.

Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
Last edited by turtleken on Dec 11, 2013, 8:49:20 PM
"
leaderzz0rz wrote:
"
Slagmaur wrote:

resolute technique

So you can change that blue socket although lightning penetration sounds a good support
gem.You definitely need a support to increase your attacks per second.Try multistrike
and faster attacks.I prefer faster attacks because multistrike destroys my damage per
hit.

"
LMHTB wrote:

Nice build and items mate.Crit is awesome with LS.
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on Dec 12, 2013, 5:12:42 AM
Practical question :
With Point Blank, you can theorically hit with Projectiles within melee range just by holding shift, right ?
Or will the engine 'force' you to hit with the melee component of the skill if you're to close to the target (despite using shift) ?

The latter is pretty much unlikely but can't really test it since both the melee and the projectile components of the skill have about the same damage effectiveness (120% vs 120*0.7*1.5=126%)

Theorical question : How does Projectile Speed interact with Lightning Strike projectiles ? Increasing their travelling speed or increasing how far they travel ? (well, should be both actually but since they are getting out of my screen with 0% projectile speed ...)

Edit : thanks you for answering !

@turtleken : Pretty obvious since the attack speed part is based on a melee skill. Projectiles are a secondary effect of the skill based on it. Well, i'm understanding the skill this way ...
Last edited by Iyacthu on Dec 12, 2013, 12:37:08 PM
"
Iyacthu wrote:
Practical question :
With Point Blank, you can theorically hit with Projectiles within melee range just by holding shift, right ?
Or will the engine 'force' you to hit with the melee component of the skill if you're to close to the target (despite using shift) ?

The latter is pretty much unlikely but can't really test it since both the melee and the projectile components of the skill have about the same damage effectiveness (120% vs 120*0.7*1.5=126%)

Theorical question : How does Projectile Speed interact with Lightning Strike projectiles ? Increasing their travelling speed or increasing how far they travel ? (well, should be both actually but since they are getting out of my screen with 0% projectile speed ...)

Edit : thanks you for answering !

@turtleken : Pretty obvious since the attack speed part is based on a melee skill. Projectiles are a secondary effect of the skill based on it. Well, i'm understanding the skill this way ...

As long as you hold Shift your char will hit with projectiles.

If you a change a projectile's speed you change the distance it travels.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Iyacthu wrote:

one thing i've learnt wirh this game is that the obvious things sometimes isnt what happens in reality :) and with lightning strikes complexity i wouldnt bet against anything
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info