Lightning Strike

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Lifeson2112 wrote:
Then when you hit the mob (or the ground) lightning projectiles shoot out that deal 50% of whatever inital physical damage you did as lightning damage.

Nope.

The Projectiles are completely and entirely separate from the Melee swing. The Projectiles do not deal Melee Damage, but they do deal Damage with a Melee Weapon (and they're Projectile Damage of course). Passives that grant Increased Physical Damage with Swords will apply to the Projectiles. Passives that grant Increased Melee Physical Damage do not work.
The Conversion also applies to the Projectiles.

If Melee Splash works with Lightning Strike (I don't recall whether it does or not), it still only sends out one set of Projectiles. The Projectiles are a separate part of the Skill; you do not need to Hit anything with the Melee swing to emit Projectiles.

Thank you, I'm still a little confused though, hehe.
Okay, so the projectiles are unrelated from the initial hit, they scale with your weapon damage(?), your physical damage from gear or passives(not melee phys) AND elemental damage? How would you scale it for a build? Say a templar staff crit, static blows. How will I get the most out of the skill for quickly clearing packs.

How does crit work, if I get a normal non-crit from the initial hit can the projectiles still crit, and if I crit can the projectiles still be non-crits? I'm asking because of the skill-text regarding hit; if I hit, the projectiles can't miss. How does this work when I don't hit anything with the initial hit?

Appreciate your help alot.
Last edited by Lifeson2112 on Jan 9, 2014, 11:10:49 AM
to spec for damage, just avoid that first melee damage increase from the templar/mara/dualist passive trees. anything else is fair game (weapon damage both elemental and not).

as for crits, the game does a single roll when you use a skill. the entire portion of that skill, including extra effects like the projectiles, will crit IF it passes the test against the mob's own rolls. it is possible for the melee hit to not crit and the projectiles to crit (mostly because the melee hit is just one foe), or vice versa in any mixture (such as one projectile and not the others). usually due to how low or high people get thier crit chance, it typically is an "all or nothing" for crit results.

the "if melee hit struck true, then projectiles never miss" is what it might be rewarded to. it only means that if you hit something successfully with the melee part, the projectiles behind the struck foe will always hit other things (if in the way). it'll just be 100% hit chance instead of the whatever 80% you might have had.
What I want to know is . . . are we EVER going to get an accurate DPS number for the Projectiles on LS????

Let's be honest here. Nobody uses LS for the initial melee strike. ALL we really care about is the damage that the projectiles are doing. LS, after all, is used as an AOE attack.

GGG, it's about time we get a DPS number for the projectiles on LS. It's no longer BETA (in fact we're almost to the first expansion), so I see no reason why this hasn't been addressed.

We SHOULDN'T have to try and figure out all the math ourselves. Thanks...
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
I also think Lightning Strike should be changed to a STR/DEX gem, instead of pure Strength. LS is more suitable to a hybrid character such as a Shadow or Scion.

I don't see many Marauders using LS...
They should make lightning strike work with facebreaker.
"
DeathTouch wrote:
I also think Lightning Strike should be changed to a STR/DEX gem, instead of pure Strength. LS is more suitable to a hybrid character such as a Shadow or Scion.

Yeah, unfortunately GGG doesn't seem to care about reworking skills unless they are overpowered. It would be nice to see them address skills like LS, which would be better utilized with a few minor fixes.
"
Xendran wrote:
They should make lightning strike work with facebreaker.

And a number of other skills at that. Facebreakers are so limited in what they can use. It's a shame really.
Facebreakers should be able to Ground Slam.
Punching the ground would be awesome.

As for the Str/Dex argument,Lightning is blue,Cold is green and Fire is red in this
game so they should be something like that in the skills.Altough each element has
skills that are pure str,dex or int so there's consistency from GGG.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
DeathTouch wrote:

That's because they lack imagination. It's a skill that directly benefits from physical damage specs in melee. Just because everybody uses it as a vastly inferior Spectral Throw does not mean that's how it has to be used.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Can Lightning strike double dip?

I.e. If I hit a mob in melee range, can the melee attack AND the projectile attack both hit the melee-ranged target at the same time?
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info