Vipermagi wrote:
Yep. That'll do it. :)

Perfect! Thanks again.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Can I get a confirmation that Lightning Strike's projectiles will all hit the initial target?

I just remember hearing a change long time ago, but I seem to be doing well with shock stacks which makes it untrue.
Could someone please finally answer the age old question; Does projectile dmg nodes affect LS projectile dmg?
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
yes... if it is a projectile by ANY means, then it gets affected by projectile damage while it is a projectile.
"
Whoaness wrote:
Can I get a confirmation that Lightning Strike's projectiles will all hit the initial target?

I just remember hearing a change long time ago, but I seem to be doing well with shock stacks which makes it untrue.

Anyone know? I looked around and saw some patch notes indicating that the projectile will hit if the melee hits.

That's about it. Not sure if all three projectiles hit.
The patch note is more likely than not referring to the Accuracy roll, not the Projectiles striking the initial target as well. If the Melee strike is a hit, the Projectiles do not roll against Evasion Rating, but instead are guaranteed-hit.

The Projectiles cannot hit the Melee target.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The patch note is more likely than not referring to the Accuracy roll, not the Projectiles striking the initial target as well. If the Melee strike is a hit, the Projectiles do not roll against Evasion Rating, but instead are guaranteed-hit.

The Projectiles cannot hit the Melee target.

Yeah that's what I remember hearing back then. Thanks.
i have a few questions but dont want to read through 45 pages of text for the answer that may or may not be there. forgive my laziness, but here they are:

1)how does lightning strike interact with iron grip keystone? does the physical damage get the additive +phys damage before conversion to 50/50 phys/lightning? or does the damage post conversion get the bonus?

2) how do certain weapon nodes interact with the projectile portion of the attack? do 12% melee phys nodes do anything for the projectile's damage? what about % increased damage with melee weapons? increased 2h damage nodes?

3) how do damage multipliers interact with the projectile? does multistrike negatively impact the projectile? does quality on multistrike ( +% melee phys dmg) help out projectile damage ?

4)when are weapon ele modifiers calculated? post conversion or pre conversion of physical? do %physical bonuses apply before conversion, and have a multiplicative effect with weapon ele post conversion?

sorry for my mass of questions, and thanks for any help
IGN: Vibe
Last edited by xxleathlexx on Oct 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM
1+4. Multipliers are always added after Conversion. Rule of thumb:
Damage Based On -> Conversion -> Increased+Reduced -> More -> Less

Converted Damage and Damage based on X benefits from the 'source' damage modifiers as well. Increased Physical Damage will apply to the Converted Lightning Damage.

2+3. The Projectiles are not Melee, they are Projectiles. If the damage modifier specifies "Melee", it won't apply. The weapon type does carry over, so Sword passives will work on the Projectiles.

And yes, these have all been answered dozens of times, both in this thread and elsewhere.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 21, 2013, 1:36:36 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
1+4. Multipliers are always added after Conversion. Rule of thumb:
Damage Based On -> Conversion -> Increased+Reduced -> More -> Less

Converted Damage and Damage based on X benefits from the 'source' damage modifiers as well. Increased Physical Damage will apply to the Converted Lightning Damage.

2+3. The Projectiles are not Melee, they are Projectiles. If the damage modifier specifies "Melee", it won't apply. The weapon type does carry over, so Sword passives will work on the Projectiles.

And yes, these have all been answered dozens of times, both in this thread and elsewhere.

i was under the impression that additive phys % nodes would be calculated before conversion. from your post im gathering that % increased phys nodes will in fact not scale the ele portion of the projectile at all, because the modifier is calculated after conversion.

and also added fire; this will according to you scale only 50% of phys after conversion on the projectile? this would make added fire really bad if thats the case
IGN: Vibe
Last edited by xxleathlexx on Oct 21, 2013, 1:47:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info