Lightning Strike

"
aimlessgun wrote:
The graphics of this spell need to be looked at, unless there is an option to turn down party spell effects in the works.

I'm nearly getting kicked out of map groups for using LS because it fucks people's framerate so badly.

I use LS + Faster + Multi and some times I notice problems even in solo play.

I think the projectiles could be a lot more simple and the initial hit could stay
the same or even that could get a more simplistic and clean effect.
To crit or not to crit ?
As far as I can tell, the mechanics for LS are as follows:

* The projectiles deal 70% of your weapons total damage, both physical and elemental

* 50% of the physical damage of each projectile (so 35% of your weapon's physical damage before it converts to a projectile) is turned into Lightning damage

* Melee physical damage increases do not affect projectile physical damage (and as such nor does it affect how much lightning damage you end up with)

* General physical damage increases do affect projectile physical damage and as such also the amount of damage that is converted to lightning

* Iron Grip affects the projectile portion of Lightning Strike. Without Iron Grip, the %physical increase from strength will not affect the damage that is converted into projectiles

* If, say, you were to use a unique that converts damage, like Chernobog's Pillar, with Lightning Strike, then it would convert 25% of the damage on the main hit, and 25% of the projectile physical damage into fire damage. Meaning it affects both the main hit and the projectile damage

* Weapon elemental damage % increases from whatever source affect both the main hit and the ele damage portion of the projectile

* Point Blank affects Lightning Strike's projectiles (both gem and node, since they are identical)

* Tooltip DPS for Lightning Strike only shows the DPS from the main hit, not the projectiles

* Lightning Strike has a damage effectiveness of 120%, meaning you gain more life on hit, etc.

If any of this is incorrect please tell me, since I am building Lightning Strike and I like to fully understand skills I use.
Kuduku giveth and Kuduku taketh away.

IGN: QueenAtziri
Last edited by QueenAtziri on Jul 3, 2013, 2:18:57 PM
Sorry if that question already came up, but how is the chance to hit of the projectiles, if you don't hit your initial melee attack?
Is it accuracy dependent or is it calculated differently?
IGN: WennIchSterbeQuitteIch
Each Projectile rolls for Accuracy independently.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Each Projectile rolls for Accuracy independently.

Thx man. Even though that sucks for my plans :(
IGN: WennIchSterbeQuitteIch
Why there is no projectile damage shown on the skill tooltip?
I mean game already calculates all that stuff when projectiles hit enemies,why cant it just show on the tolltip?
IGN:Vraarz
"
aimlessgun wrote:
The graphics of this spell need to be looked at, unless there is an option to turn down party spell effects in the works.

I'm nearly getting kicked out of map groups for using LS because it fucks people's framerate so badly.

Very true. A lot of people refuse to play with you, if you use LS.

Also, when fighting piety, it looks like you're constantly in a lightning storm, which is annoying as hell.

Please tone down the animation a bit or make a new one a bit less fps intensive.

Last edited by Eightkilo on Jul 15, 2013, 5:25:56 PM
"
Eightkilo wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:

Very true. A lot of people refuse to play with you, if you use LS.

Also, when fighting piety, it looks like you're constantly in a lightning storm, which is annoying as hell.

Please tone down the animation a bit or make a new one a bit less fps intensive.

^agree with this, plz fix the animation, people doesnt like to map with LS builds cus of the fps lag.

2H Lightning Striker, lvl 94 HC Duelist - ign Draizor
I have to agree finally with all the people who are struggling in party play with LS. It is getting to the point where people are asking me to not play in the group anymore because of the LS / FPS lag. I tried to argue it wasn't my skill but the first step to recovery is admitting the problem. It is one of the most used skills in POE, and it is getting a bad rep for lags. Thanks.

Maybe a way to "turn down" the effects while partying would work?
Quick question just to make 200% sure :)

melee physical dmg support gem works with the melee hit but not the projectile right?

Thanks in advance
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info