Lightning Strike

My broblem is My Ls changing target rapidly when i attack. It happens when there is enemy stand on other side of me even if i hold "shift" or not.
IGN: YamChi
"
DeathTouch wrote:
I see. So the projectiles are doing something like 30% less damage from LS and another 40% less damage from MS than what it shows?
No, because it the 40% from multistrike applies to the melee hit, and thus is already included in the melee hit damage that you're looking at. Projectile damage is further also by the 30% less projectile damage, it doesn't somehow get the multistrike penalty twice.

"
DeathTouch wrote:
Hmm. I guess Mark was right, LS+MS is still "brutally powerful".
I never said that (although there are certainly builds for which it's true).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 24, 2013, 8:49:44 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
...Projectile damage is further affected by the 30% less projectile damage...

As well as the lack of %increased dmg gains from lvl'ing the gem itself as that bonus for some reason, unknown to us, still only applies to physical and melee.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Maybe a question already answered in the thread, but do added fire and hatred affect lightning strike's projectiles much? Or is it just the melee attack?
IGN = Dearest (Warbands)
"
IceIight wrote:
Maybe a question already answered in the thread, but do added fire and hatred affect lightning strike's projectiles much? Or is it just the melee attack?

Yes they do add damage and are both excellent with LS.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
If anyone's looking for it, the GGG statement that Point Blank indeed works with Lightning Strike projectiles is in the 'point blank feedback' thread.

Might save you from digging through 38 pages looking for it (as I did :) )
Tooltip and Characterscreen need to display the Projectile damage as well. I want to know how much damage this skill actually does and see how equip and skillchanges affect it, not guess it ;).
Please GGG work on the graphical look on Lightning Strike. You see it too much, and sometimes (e.g. with burning grounds) my fps goes down as shit, other skills don't have this effect on my fps.
Ok, I read it. What a fucking mess of confusing terminology and extrapolation math.

It's a projectile that only travels over the land like a wave like ground slam, but it's semantically a projectile. Even though it can not pass over any obstacle. So LS "projectiles" are not supported by melee buffs and passives (unless weapon specific). If they're going to get the negative effects of projectiles, at least they should *be* projectiles and not a constricted wave that's stopped dead in it's tracks by a piece of grass or a tiny rock.

+ X% melee phy dmg (non-weap specific) nodes don't work towards a higher phy to lighting conversion. I don't get this. Not sure if that's applied to the melee strike and/or projectiles.

Iron Grip and Point Blank do work to increase projectile dmg. I had to see it dev-confirmed to believe it.

LS "ranged attack" is calculated based on an attack roll w/o str and melee buffs -30%. It should be just 30% of the melee strike (like the gem says it is) and skip 40 pages of splitting fucking headache. Can we play w/o having to open Excel to kill some skeletons plz!?

It can ranged crit w/ a shift-click attack. I've seen it but now it's confirmed.

LS ranged DPS should be shown somehow, maybe in the char offense screen.
Projectiles should fly, not ride the ground like a wave.
The arc is too wide.

The multi-strike nerf made LS the red-headed step-child in the family of FP,EK, LA.

I made a LS templar. I've re-rolled 3 times now. It's semi-fun, but the dmg is a joke compared to other builds. I got a tooltip dps of 6.8k and kill stuff @ 1/3 the speed of LA archers and freeze pulsers 15 levels below me (I'm 81). MS was my last hope for melee end game. All main gems are 20% qual.

The current description is confusing, and after reading all these pages and other relevant threads i still have some questions:

It states that "50% of physical damage coverted to lighning damage" - does this apply to both the melee hit and projectiles?

In other words, is the projectile damage a combination of physical and lightning (with relevant scaling)?

It's impossible to tell if it is or not just by reading "the stored energy is released from the weapon as projectiles as you strike, flying out behind your target to hit further-away enemies".

Would suggest adding in the projectile dmg in tooltip as well, on top of rewriting the description to be more clear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info