Lightning Strike

"
dspair wrote:
"
Tyronis3 wrote:
Because Melee really needs to be nerfed more?

Implying Lightning Strike is a melee skill.

"
EricRoachTS wrote:
Wow, finally another viable build, yep, let's nerf it. How Blizzard of you.

Right now it's ridiculously broken, you can double your attack speed without any drawbacks.

"
xenolithic wrote:
I'm a level 88 elemental cleaver

Elemental Cleave is broken too. Don't know why they don't fix it.

I don't really see why they would fix elemental cleave. Melee isn't what they should be nerfing (except the lightning strike+multi was retarded and not even melee). I admit ele cleave is a bit over powered for races and early game but it's just as viable late game as any of the top builds and isn't over powered at all.
IGN: GirlThrowingAxes, TheReavingBeaver, xXBlazeItFgtsXx
Trade thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/197474/page/1
MESSAGE ME IF I WON AN AUCTION
"
xenolithic wrote:

I don't really see why they would fix elemental cleave. Melee isn't what they should be nerfing (except the lightning strike+multi was retarded and not even melee). I admit ele cleave is a bit over powered for races and early game but it's just as viable late game as any of the top builds and isn't over powered at all.

LS + MS still far away from being as strong as LA / FP / EK. no reason to nerf anything.
IGN: Nyxea
Since multistrike's damage penalty has been fixed to include LS projectiles, I think it's a good time to turn the discussion towards something more constructive than a complaint and demand that they "put it back the way it was".

LS+MS has given us some time to see why lightning strike was so much better with that combination, and also to recognize some of the major shortcomings that LS has that prevented it from being top tier before MS was introduced.

We should give our input on what these shortcomings are and how they can be alleviated, so that LS can be brought up to where it should be, for the sake of endgame build diversity. LS+MS was good while it lasted, but a more long-term improvement to the functionality and viability of the skill and builds based around it is ideal.

I will post more later with my own specific ideas on these matters.
"
Since multistrike's damage penalty has been fixed to include LS projectiles, I think it's a good time to turn the discussion towards something more constructive

Or we can ask ourselves why on earth they would change the damage penalty but not the lvl'ing bonus for Multistrike. As it stands now they have effectively made LS the worst candidate for MS since it gets all of the drawbacks but not all benefits.

From what has happened the past week I would say that the best possible solution for dealing with LS would be to just rework how the projectiles work and basically just apply a 30% less modifier on total damage for the melee hit. Basically let us use gems like Melee phys damage and just treat all components of this attack as melee. Right now LS comes out as the looser on way too many support gems.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
"
Desert_Elk wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Correct, the damage penalty on Multistrike does not apply to the projectiles.
This is an oversight that will be fixed in 0.10.7

Please consider changing Multistrike's leveling bonus to 'Increased Physical Attack Damage' instead of melee damage so it's still viable with lightning strike instead of overpowered. Otherwise Lightning Strike+Multistrike will be totally useless.

this is solution to gem. simple buff on lvling
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Why does the toolbar show the same dps for Multi/LS in 0.10.7 as it did in 0.10.6? Is there any accuracy to it whatsoever? Clearly I'm not doing the damage it states or things wouldn't be dying so damn slow.
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
"
Jedi_blr wrote:
"
Desert_Elk wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Correct, the damage penalty on Multistrike does not apply to the projectiles.
This is an oversight that will be fixed in 0.10.7

Please consider changing Multistrike's leveling bonus to 'Increased Physical Attack Damage' instead of melee damage so it's still viable with lightning strike instead of overpowered. Otherwise Lightning Strike+Multistrike will be totally useless.

this is solution to gem. simple buff on lvling

If the penalty is "% Less Damage" then the "% Increased Melee Physical Damage" that increases as the gem levels should be changed to "% Increased Damage". You know just like LMP and GMP does Increased/Decreased Projectile Damage.
"
DeathTouch wrote:
Why does the toolbar show the same dps for Multi/LS in 0.10.7 as it did in 0.10.6? Is there any accuracy to it whatsoever? Clearly I'm not doing the damage it states or things wouldn't be dying so damn slow.

Tooltip dmg always shows the melee strike, not the projectiles. Hence, the tooltip DPS for LS+MS wouldn't have changed, because the melee strike is doing exactly the same dmg as before.
"
"
DeathTouch wrote:

Tooltip dmg always shows the melee strike, not the projectiles. Hence, the tooltip DPS for LS+MS wouldn't have changed, because the melee strike is doing exactly the same dmg as before.

I see. So the projectiles are doing something like 30% less damage from LS and another 40% less damage from MS than what it shows?

Hmm. I guess Mark was right, LS+MS is still "brutally powerful".
Last edited by DeathTouch on Apr 20, 2013, 4:00:53 PM
"
DeathTouch wrote:
I see. So the projectiles are doing something like 30% less damage from LS and another 40% less damage from MS than what it shows?

Hmm. I guess Mark was right, LS+MS is still "brutally powerful".

No, the tooltip DPS does take the multistrike 40% penalty into account already, and it always has. So your projectile dps should just be around 30% less than your tooltip dps.

I wouldn't say it's brutally powerful, but it's still very usable at high levels. Obviously it's not what it was with MS, but oh well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info