Lightning Strike

They need to change levelling up multistrike to giving physical damage, not melee physical damage IMO.
IGN: Dmillz
Has anyone actually done the math to see how big the impact of the Multistrike damage penality is on the Lightning Strike projectiles?
Last edited by fifaker on Apr 17, 2013, 11:59:22 AM
"
EricRoachTS wrote:
Broken, kind of like say freeze pulse? Let's GMP it, we'll reduce the projectile damage 50%, but then give you the ability to shotgun all 5 projectiles to single/close targets negating any reduction and actually boosting damage output significantly, and with 100% pierce at no extra charge!

Let's call all good/viable builds "broken" so they can be "fixed" as soon as possible and all builds can suck equally right?

Point being, look at any top build and you can find aspects that some will consider "broken" Don't bring down top builds, make the lower ones more viable.

FP has it's limitations eg quality FP and faster projectiles are pretty much mandatory so that the range is not absolutely awful and using faster projectiles lowers the damage potential of the skill. It is very powerful but its not the 'clear best skill' by any means, and not at all broken. I do strongly agree with the last paragraph though.
Wow, i posted the ms question yesterday before going to bed. And 12 hours later i check reddit and a massive qq train started.

Personally i played 6 templars to their 60's using LS multiple ways.

My last templar was using LS 20%q+BM+GMP+MS 15%q

here is a youtube clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY-c2dKwqZs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is a lvl 70 templar with hatred aura on and a 200 dps 1 hander. The sheet dps is around 2200. With a 5L i wouldve used elemental weapon dmg or faster attack support gem bumping the sheet dps to 2800 - 3200.

As you can see, it does way less dmg then 4L EK or FP on a lvl 70 character, and the gear and gems i used where hard to come by. 200 dps 1H aren't that easy to find compared to +60% spell dmg wands

Imo it was a fun build, because i did not have the mellee problems I had with my previous LS templars. But would still go mellee vs uniques and rares.

My new LS templar is 2H with LS 10%q + BM + LMP + weapon ele dmg. And the EK and ele cleave players are outperforming me to an extreme extend allready at lvl 40.

I do think that the mellee attack of LS should do more dmg then the projectiles. But I would also love to see LS as a viable skill after lvl 60. Its an awesome skill that works on so many support gems but using it mellee after lvl 60 is just horrible and the q% does make LS intresting combined with GMP and LMP for late game.

Imo the current LS + MS isnt as OP as FP, EK, leap&sweap, LA, ele cleave or spark/spear totems.

@mark_GGG I personally hope you make a change to LS/MS that will make the skill viable for +70 maps. A lot of people favor this skill above the meta OP. And i really dont want to roll an EK/FP character just to see endgame for the first time.
Bad Seed
"
Aphromatix wrote:
How does the nerf 'ruin' anyones build? Doesn't multistrikes damage reduction go away after you level it for a while?

no. 'less' and 'more' melee damage has a much larger effect than 'increased' or 'decreased' physical damage. I'm not exactly sure how it works but something to do with the way the numbers are multiplied... it would be nice to see some clearer tool tips in this game because no one could be expected to figure this out on their own without extensive testing that is beyond the average player.
LS was meant to be a 1v1 mele attack with the bonus of a few projectiles that would hit other monsters. Eventually people discovered that if you add lmp support it made it into an aoe attack like EK. The damage suffered from "less projectile damage" stacked with the "less" damage mod from LMP but this was still great because aoe options were short and aoe is the only way to not get mobbed by tons of hard hitting monsters. This mele made aoe contraption needed a buff but if it's op then how op is it?

It doesn't seem to be game breaking in the vid from a post.

"

It takes a half minute to take out a group of monsters. I can think of a few builds that could wipe them out much quicker.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
"
xenolithic wrote:
People that are saying lightning arrow is the only viable build have clearly not been past level 50. I have seen tons and tons of builds that thrive in end game maps. I'm a level 88 elemental cleaver and it is not only more fun than lightning arrow but I have more damage than any lightning arrow user I have ever talked to.

You have an elemental cleaver on default.
ggg
Last edited by EricRoachTS on Apr 23, 2015, 5:00:51 PM
Awesome. I've played a couple characters using LS before MS and didn't have much success. Finally you guys introduce a support that makes this skill viable and then you nerf it into the ground. I mean I'm sure it'll still be decent but ele cleave, fp, ek, la will outperform it.

I currently have a 61 LS MS mara and while the projectiles do good damage its nowhere near as powerful as my FP char is. If only because of the fact that FP freezes everything constantly.

I understand that this was a bug and not intended but seriously take a look at the build and how it is performing compared to the other big builds right now then make your decision. Don't just say oh this was wrong we need to fix it. Sometimes a oversight or a mistake makes a build viable and in that case it might be worth overlooking.
Just a small feedback - what I find most irritating with this skill, is that often the projectiles miss, just pass by the enemy. This is due to the fact that they are spread quite significantly so there's a lot of empty space between the two adjecent projectiles.

It would be nice if LS behaved like FP+GMP where the further you click, the closer the projectiles are.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info