Lightning Strike

LS is stil a good skill. Just use auras/+dmg items to add damage to the projectiles and build it around a high crit build to shock enemies and it still deals high DPS. Mine does 10k dps atm, with majority being lightning damage and only just noticed that only 300+ dmg is physical. I dare say though that the 10k is an indicator of the melee damage rather than projectile damage. however, even if that is so, why is it that adding a LMP gem to the skill decreases the DPS?

It would be nice if there was a separable stat to tell us how much damage the melee hit does and how much damage the projectile does. Because I can foresee there will be a lot of new players asking this question soon
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Oct 6, 2012, 10:24:56 PM
I am still confused with LS.

Which nodes affects this skill and which are not? And what is more beneficial for it?

Let say node "6% increased Lightning Dmg" and "10% increased Ele. Dmg. with weapon".

How will affect the first node the skill and how the second?
As it is mixed melee and range attack will both be increased by 6%?
Will "10% Ele. Dmg. with weapon" if you use sword or mace will affect projectiles?
Same what if we will take "8% increased Spell Dmg"? Will this affect LS at all?

Same with "% to Critical Strike Chance for Spells". Will this affect the LS?

Last edited by Skorpionkz on Oct 17, 2012, 10:54:28 AM
"
Skorpionkz wrote:
I am still confused with LS.

Which nodes affects this skill and which are not? And what is more beneficial for it?

Let say node "6% increased Lightning Dmg" and "10% increased Ele. Dmg. with weapon".

How will affect the first node the skill and how the second?
As it is mixed melee and range attack will both be increased by 6%?
Will "10% Ele. Dmg. with weapon" if you use sword or mace will affect projectiles?
Same what if we will take "8% increased Spell Dmg"? Will this affect LS at all?

Same with "% to Critical Strike Chance for Spells". Will this affect the LS?

the mods that work for this skill:
melee damage, weapon damage, elemental damage, weapon elemental damage, lightning, projectile damage will affect ect the bolts but not the melee hit.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

the mods that work for this skill:
melee damage, weapon damage, elemental damage, weapon elemental damage, lightning, projectile damage will affect ect the bolts but not the melee hit.

but what about spell dmg nodes?
and my understanding that melee dmg affects only melee hits and not the projectile

Mark can you explain how it realy works and which nodes affect which part of dmg?

And which nodes will give better boost? weapon dmg or ele. dmg?
Last edited by Skorpionkz on Oct 17, 2012, 1:56:16 PM
"
Skorpionkz wrote:
but what about spell dmg nodes?
and my understanding that melee dmg affects only melee hits and not the projectile

Mark can you explain how it realy works and which nodes affect which part of dmg?

And which nodes will give better boost? weapon dmg or ele. dmg?

it is an attack skill, spell damage nodes do not affect any part of the skill. attack skills use your weapon for the damage, spells do not and this is not a spell.

everything i listed increases both parts of the damage except projectile damage increases the ranged bolts and not the melee hit. that is likely only part i am wrong if i am wrong at something.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Currently "melee damage" increases apply to any damage with a melee weapon, even when dealt via non-melee means, such as a projectile.
This is on the table for investigation, so may change in future.

UPDATE: This is changed in 0.9.12 - "melee" modifiers will not apply to projectiles.

What exactly are melee modifiers?

1)Dmg from Str? If yes, will Iron Grip take effect?
2)One handed Damage Nodes: "x% increased physical Damage with one handed melee weapons"?
3)Dagger Damage Nodes?
4)Dagger Crit Nodes?

"
Baki wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Currently "melee damage" increases apply to any damage with a melee weapon, even when dealt via non-melee means, such as a projectile.
This is on the table for investigation, so may change in future.

UPDATE: This is changed in 0.9.12 - "melee" modifiers will not apply to projectiles.

What exactly are melee modifiers?

1)Dmg from Str? If yes, will Iron Grip take effect?
2)One handed Damage Nodes: "x% increased physical Damage with one handed melee weapons"?
3)Dagger Damage Nodes?
4)Dagger Crit Nodes?

1) every 5 points of str improves 1% of melee physical damage, with iron grip, that includes projectiles from wands and bows and skills that use them. so str will increase the hit but not the bolts if NOT using iron grip.
2) yes
3) same thing as #2 but just for when using daggers.
4) ALL crits can increase skill damage, that one in specific only works with daggers though.
thanks, in short: 1-3 are melee modifiers.

4 - you didnt answer if it is a melee modifier or not.
Last edited by Baki on Oct 23, 2012, 2:11:46 AM
crit itself is both... increased crit chance with daggers means your melee attacks with daggers have higher chance to crit.

critical damage affects everything but damage over time, melee hits or spells. i'm terribly sorry if that was confusing...

edit: kinda confused how for the second number you actually answered yourself. also daggers are melee weapons...
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Oct 23, 2012, 2:45:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info