Lightning Strike

I used LS today and the first pack I killed dropped multiple rares. I don't remember if this was before or after switching Increased Quantity w/ Reduced Mana

Either way, drops work for sure
Bug report ! When you use lightning strike at long range (shift-click from afar so that only the lightning hits), the first lightning doesn't do anything to the target. It looks like it connects, but nothing happens. After the first "missed hit", subsequent attack from the lightning works fine.

It's like that for every first time you attack each monster with the lightning.

Tested in fellshrine with no support gem, both with a marauder and my friend's templar.

Update: Woot thanks for the fix in 0.9.12h
Last edited by Thalandor on Sep 18, 2012, 10:46:58 PM
I used to think that Lightning Strike projectiles are purely lightning damage with no physical damage whatsoever. does that still apply?

I say this because during the recent one week HC race, I used ghost reaver as a shadow, and with blood rage, I found that I was still able to leech ES from range by using Lightning Strike, which does not make sense to me as apparently it is only supposed to be %physical damage leeched back as life for blood rage.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Sep 20, 2012, 8:00:39 AM
Only 50% of your physical damage is converted to lightning damage. this also affects the projectiles. they just deal 30% less dmg than the melee hit.

hidudes

lightning strike + supportgem which gives +35% phsical dmg increase is basically just 17,5%? or is the lightning dmg subtracted after? i mean does the gem apply before the dmg is subtracted..?

50% x 1,35 = 67,5% +
+50% =
117,5%
------

OR 135 % (67,5 lightning dmg and 67,5% phys dmg)'
???

IGN: HansWerner
more/less=multiplicative
increased/decreased=additive

So lets say you have
-100% increased damage from your support skill gem
-50% increased damage from your nodes
-50% decreased damage from your skill gem
-65% less damage from your skill gem
-55% less damage from a support skill gem
-50% more damage from another support skill gem

you will deal (100+100+50-50)*(1-0.65)*(1-0.55)*(1+0.5)=47.25% damage

from this thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/22860/page/5

thx but doesnt answer my question at all.
IGN: HansWerner
"
dodohahn wrote:
thx but doesnt answer my question at all.
same as the infernal blow's example dev gave. first damage is split into two, one physical and one elemental. THEN passives come into question. lastly the projectile damage decrease is not for the hit itself but those flying things that happen after (because there's multiple of them).

so:
50% physical
50% lightning
then
50% + 35% = 67.5% written out as 0.5 * 1.35 = 0.675 -> 67.5% physical damage
lightning is unchanged so far.

next the projectiles' damage it is a "less" which is multiplicative and would've happened last anyways, not just due to order of events.
67.5% * (1 - 0.3) = 47.25% physical damage
50% * 0.7 = 35% lightning damage
per projectile.

unless the change to damage conversion changed the first part, this is what happens. likely not because that would make the elemental part skyrocket. but the projectile part would still be same.
Short and simple question, Does the Arching Blow passive skill in the shadow tree increase the lightning damage from this skill? Thank you.
IGN~~VellyBelly
"
Veshkiidryn wrote:
Short and simple question, Does the Arching Blow passive skill in the shadow tree increase the lightning damage from this skill? Thank you.
yes, this skill makes you deal lightning weapon damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info