Lightning Strike

I swear that there are sometimes hit detection issues with the weapon; I'll hit at melee range, half of the time the full damage gets registered, half of the time they only take the physical.
VHow does it works with the support More Melee Damage? It increases the melee hit damage obviously, but I don't know if its increasing my projectiles damage.

Anyone tested it? Help please Mark =D
IGN: Dreins, Tarene
"
Dreins wrote:
VHow does it works with the support More Melee Damage? It increases the melee hit damage obviously, but I don't know if its increasing my projectiles damage.

Anyone tested it? Help please Mark =D

I'm really interested by the answer too.
I would like to level a lightning character using Spark and LS (mainly LS in open area and ranged enemies). To increase my damage, should I only focus on lightning dmg and spell dmg or must I take some physical damage too ?

The answer will totally change my build.

Best regards.
Currently "melee damage" increases apply to any damage with a melee weapon, even when dealt via non-melee means, such as a projectile.
This is on the table for investigation, so may change in future.

UPDATE: This is changed in 0.9.12 - "melee" modifiers will not apply to projectiles.
Hi all

I would like to make a suggestion regarding the projectiles of lightning strike and their functionality when using it with the stop motion shift+left mouse click command.

I believe it would be great for the handling of the skill, if it could work similar to e.g. freezing pulse with lmp:

Allow the angle of the three projectiles to vary depending on wether you shift click closer or further away from the player. Currently the almost 90° make it feel a bit unhandy.

best, c4ph
Last edited by C4ph on Aug 20, 2012, 3:39:02 PM
I got a question about this skill.

If I got life on hit support with this skill, does it give life for each hit by the projectiles or only for the melee hit before projectiles are fired?

If I got gain x% mana from physical attacks passive, does it work with projectiles as well? I would guess not since they are lightning damage but I wanted to make sure.

Am playing my first melee character and just got this skill. Tested lightning strike solo in three different instances this morning (using only that skill) and not one single item dropped in any of the instances. Is that just incredibly bad luck? One instance ok, but all three?

Purringcat Clan-DA Staff
Why does GGG hate Rangers so much. They used to be fun, now it's just constant kiting.
"
purringcat wrote:
Am playing my first melee character and just got this skill. Tested lightning strike solo in three different instances this morning (using only that skill) and not one single item dropped in any of the instances. Is that just incredibly bad luck? One instance ok, but all three?

How many monsters did you kill with in this test? cause that might just be bad luck. I haven't heard any complaints about loot not dropping due to lightning strike before.
Lightning strike has no effect on drops. Is it possible you had item names showing all the time and hit 'z', turning this off so they weren't visible?
I held down the Alt key and went everywhere looking for drops. Nothing. Killed the usual number of monsters in Ledge and Underground maps. I know that Sacred skewed drops so that those from ranged and magic weapons were substantially less than melee ones. Didn't know if that was the case here. Guess it just wasn't my lucky day.

Purringcat Clan-DA Staff
Why does GGG hate Rangers so much. They used to be fun, now it's just constant kiting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info