Lightning Strike

So...the projectiles are lightning AND physical?

I totally misunderstood this. I thought you hit the initial target with 50% of your melee damage and the other 50% converted to lightning damage which also hit the initial damage and only the lightning part travelling out as projectiles. That's not true then?
Awesome! :D
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Alros wrote:
So...the projectiles are lightning AND physical?

I totally misunderstood this. I thought you hit the initial target with 50% of your melee damage and the other 50% converted to lightning damage which also hit the initial damage and only the lightning part travelling out as projectiles. That's not true then?
Awesome! :D

that was my exact misconception in the past :)

But i figured out during a 1 week HC race that I could actually leech from distance! isn't that cool?!

Basically the projectiles deal both physical and lightning damage. they just deal less damage than the melee damage because the STR melee bonus isn't applied to them and they suffer from the projectile damage penalty.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I'm seriously looking forward to adding fork on this one.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
So I got this today from orb of chance, and I'm doing a lightning strike build, but... I didnt actually put the LS gem in the weapon, rather I put it on my chest cause there are more linked sockets. Is that bad?

Also is The Supreme Truth a good item for LS builds or is it better to just go with good gear?

thanks!
-a noob

Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Does anyone have experience with Lighting stike + Iron Grip. Does Iron Grip affect LS projectiles. If so, how ?
"
FinalForm wrote:
So I got this today from orb of chance, and I'm doing a lightning strike build, but... I didnt actually put the LS gem in the weapon, rather I put it on my chest cause there are more linked sockets. Is that bad?

Also is The Supreme Truth a good item for LS builds or is it better to just go with good gear?

thanks!
-a noob

Unavailable

The +1 to gems will only give LS slightly increased physical damage. and considering the sceptre only can get a maximum of 3 links. sticking it to ur chestpiece is fine. It's a fine sceptre and u prob won't find a better rare item for LS at level 41 but you'll find better later on.

"
Galain wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Lighting stike + Iron Grip. Does Iron Grip affect LS projectiles. If so, how ?

Yup, the Iron grip affects projectiles. for instance, every 5 points of str increases melee physical damage by 1%. in this case due to iron will, every 5 points of str will increase projectile damage by 1%.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Earlier in the thread it has been said that iron grip and point blank dont work with Lightning Strike. However looking at these Keystones and Support Gems it does not say "Ranged" anywhere in the tooltips, its saying "Projectile Attacks".

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Looking at the Keywords of each skill:
Lightning Strike: Lightning, Projectile, Attack, Melee.
Point Blank: Projectile, Attack, Support.
Iron Grip: Projectile, Support.

linking these gems ingame does decrese the attack speed and increase the manacost for Lightning Strike. however since the projectile damage of lightning strike dont show ingame its hard to know whats going on :)

and in my opinion Iron Grip should not work, because i guess the projectiles already got affected by the melee damage from strength once, but that is just my opinion.

Point Blank however i see no problem why it should not affect the projectiles from Lightning Strike.

if these support gems are not suposed to work with Lightning Strike, maybe they Should have the "Ranged" keyword and reduce "Ranged Attack Speed" instead of just "Attack Speed"
Hmm,, so, if the melee damage takes the strength bonus, and then the projectiles are based off that and can get it again with iron grip, does that mean that a single 4 str node equals 4% more damage?
Or is even multiplicative?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
After reading more carefull in this thread i do now realize that Iron Grip and Point Blank do work with Lightning Strike :)
Ehm. So LS works with Iron Grip, but doesn't with Point Blank (according to GGG comments)?

Maybe Point Blank description should be changed from Projectile Attacks to Ranged Attacks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info