Power Siphon

iron grip at that low level also slows attack speed down, so the dps might not change or be slightly less because of that.

the other info in the C status panel or mousing over the skill slot will tell other stuff. damage range should be 16.25 - 30 without iron grip and 19.5 - 36 (and lowered attack speed) with iron grip for your situation.
Milani went for the Passive, which doesn't demolish your Attack Speed :)

Anyways, I retrofitted my Ice Shot/Iron Grip Templar to grab all the Int gear he could get his Clasped Mitts (with +17 Int!) on, so he could equip a 27-50 Physical damage Wand with Power Siphon in it.

With Iron Grip, my Power Siphon's Physical damage is 59-111. Respeccing Iron Grip decreases it to 41-78, and changes the DPS display appropriately. The Default attack also decreases in Physical damage dealt.

It works fine here. Your Physical damage and Strength are just too crummy to get you anything (Wands in general are not really known for Physical damage, so to say), as I suspected.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 27, 2013, 11:10:38 AM
okay, i checked again while wearing str neck and belt. it does change, but apparently the amount of str i had wasnt enough. fail me =/
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
I noticed when I lined this skill with LMP and if I killed multiple enemies at once I only received one power charge. Is this a bug or is it working as intended?
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Feb 27, 2013, 8:37:51 PM
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
I noticed when I lined this skill with LMP and if I killed multiple enemies as once I only received one power charge. Is this a bug or is it working as intended?

You gain a Power Charge if you kill something with Power Siphon.
You do not gain a Power Charge every time you kill something.

Small difference, but it's an important one to make :) Similarly, the Frenzy skill always grants a maximum of 1 Frenzy Charge, even if you link it to LMP/GMP/Fork/Chain.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
I noticed when I lined this skill with LMP and if I killed multiple enemies at once I only received one power charge. Is this a bug or is it working as intended?

You gain a Power Charge if you kill something with Power Siphon.
You do not gain a Power Charge every time you kill something.

Small difference, but it's an important one to make :) Similarly, the Frenzy skill always grants a maximum of 1 Frenzy Charge, even if you link it to LMP/GMP/Fork/Chain.

I was talking about a over siphon gem liked to LMP killing more then one enemy at once and getting one power charge.

I think you misunderstood me. I use 2 power siphon gems one for single target and one for AoE. If I kill 2 enemies with the power siphon gem liked with LMP I get one power charge for 2 enemies killed at the same time. You see the power siphon animation on both dead targets and it feels like it should be a power charge per enemy killed with the skill but it's not. In my multiple enemies scenario both enemies were killed with power siphon.

I don't know maybe it's just me, but it feels like it should be one per enemy, if it is only supposed to be one per attack maybe the wording could be a little clearer.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
I do understand you. You don't understand me.

If you score a kill with Power Siphon, you get 1 Power Charge. It's a yes/no statement; the amount of kills does not matter, and you can never gain more than 1 Power Charge every time you use Power Siphon.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I do understand you. You don't understand me.

If you score a kill with Power Siphon, you get 1 Power Charge. It's a yes/no statement; the amount of kills does not matter, and you can never gain more than 1 Power Charge every time you use Power Siphon.

ok so this is intended, but it is still annoying.
Hey Mark, I couldn't find if this had been answered anywhere, why doesn't power siphon has the keyword "Wand" like the skills for bows?
Hi

I have a few questions concerning Power Syphon:

1) Related to spell augmentation or physical augmentation, where does power syphon stands? If I get a wand with +X% spell damage, is it going to increase power syphon since it's a spell? same with +X% physical damage

2) Same question with attack speed: does power syphon skill gets advantage of +X% attack Speed?

3) Which passive node on the skill tree can increase speed at hiting with power syphon?

4) If I take all nodes at the top of the skill tree (wand -lighting, -cold, fire) how does Elemental Equilibrium works? Since I hit with 3 elemental damage at the same time, does the ennemy gets +25% in all res and -50% in all res at the same time or only the +25% in all res?

Thanks for your answers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info