Power Siphon

Guys can i have 7 power charges if i pick 3 from passives and one from bandit reward?
Well, yes. 3+3+1 and all that. :P
how do power siphon builds deal with single targets?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Well, yes. 3+3+1 and all that. :P

Fine then, thanks. Once i read that maximum charges were 6 but its confusing since you can get an axtra one from quest reward
"
scrtwpnx wrote:

Either Power Siphon (deals a whole bunch of damage and Crits like a madman) or Elemental Hit (same deal; lots of damage and Crit).

"
sanleon wrote:
Once i read that maximum charges were 6 but its confusing since you can get an axtra one from quest reward

's Probably Closed Beta information, where the Bandit rewards were all the same as in Normal, rather than different per difficulty.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
scrtwpnx wrote:

Either Power Siphon (deals a whole bunch of damage and Crits like a madman) or Elemental Hit (same deal; lots of damage and Crit).
he's refering to boss fights like brutis where you don't have ability to use power siphon to regain power charges. volls armor solves this but with a moderate mana penalty. there's plenty of single target stuff like you said, elemental hit.
Power Siphon also has 125% Damage Effectiveness. Sure, you might not have Power Charges, but it still packs a punch.
so i was trying out a maybe weird build, but i figured it would be something unique which could work. i started as a ranger, picking up projectile dmg nodes which scale just fine with power siphon. i went to the middle to pick up iron grip

("The increase to Physical Damage from Strength applies to Projectile attacks as well as Melee attacks")

and pretty much nothing happened. i checked if i was wrong and power siphon isnt handled as attack/projectile but OH WONDER - it is.

so the question is.. if power siphon is a projectile attack like the skillgem says, why in hell doesnt it work with iron grip?..

i would be happy if i could get a dev answer, because this doesnt seem to make any sense. at least not to me.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
How much Physical damage are you dealing (base Weapon damage), and how much Strength do you have? It should apply just fine, as you mention.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 26, 2013, 8:48:02 PM

thats the weapon i wear atm. i know the increase when you have like 100 str only cant be big, but at least it should go up a tiny little bit as soon as you skill iron grip. but it didnt. literally nothing happend, not even an increase by 0,1dps.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info