Power Siphon

6) does Node like "spell power" (+40% increased critical strike multiplier for spells) work with Power syphon?
no, power siphon is an attack not a spell.
increased attack speed works, increased cast speed does not.
EE will not work if foe gets hit by all three elements.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
EE will not work if foe gets hit by all three elements.

The Open Beta change to EE means it always applies, actually :) It will increase the resistances of struck monsters by 25% Fire, Cold and Lightning.

EE is really simple. It does one check for each element:
If Fire damage is dealt THEN add +25% Fire Resist, ELSE add -50% Fire Resist
Your Fire damage has no effect on Cold and Lightning resistances.
ah thats a bit more clean yet means shouldn't use ee with all elements at single moment =p
Ok! Thanks a lot for your answers!
Power Siphon needs another way to get Power Charges other than just kills because when fighting boss / uniques you can easily lose your charges and when building around this skill that's a VERY bad thing.

I figure a way to fix this would be to add a % chance to add another charge. So I figure we can't really make it add a charge when you crit because thats already on a unique. So instead you could add XX% chance to add a charge when you attack a cursed enemy (probably not a good option since there is curse resistant mobs) and XX% chance to add a charge when you crit on a UNIQUE / BOSS monster. This way the chest is still useful for getting charges for non wand users and even still for wand users when fighting non uniques.

Another issue is a lot of people going Elemental damage do not level Power Siphon beyond lvl 5. You could make this % to add a charge on boss unique crit or the cursed idea cursed (if you like that idea) scale with power siphon level. This would encourage Elemental Power Siphon users to still level their skill beyond level 5.
"
Syxx6 wrote:
Power Siphon needs another way to get Power Charges other than just kills because when fighting boss / uniques you can easily lose your charges and when building around this skill that's a VERY bad thing.

I figure a way to fix this would be to add a % chance to add another charge. So I figure we can't really make it add a charge when you crit because thats already on a unique. So instead you could add XX% chance to add a charge when you attack a cursed enemy (probably not a good option since there is curse resistant mobs) and XX% chance to add a charge when you crit on a UNIQUE / BOSS monster. This way the chest is still useful for getting charges for non wand users and even still for wand users when fighting non uniques.

Another issue is a lot of people going Elemental damage do not level Power Siphon beyond lvl 5. You could make this % to add a charge on boss unique crit or the cursed idea cursed (if you like that idea) scale with power siphon level. This would encourage Elemental Power Siphon users to still level their skill beyond level 5.

I have a power siphon build and I believe this to be unnecessary as well as making it over powered. Don't forget that power siphon has the culling strike ability built into it, you might lose some dps but you can kill the boss/unique monsters at 10% or less hp. I feel this makes up for the loss of dps against bosses.

Having culling strike built into the skill means you do not require an additional gem slot to get it and you do not get the attack speed penalty.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Why is it that power siphon cannot gain more than one power charge per attack? I support mine with chain and lmp to turn it into an effective aoe, and I often end up with just 3 or 4 charges after killing groups of 10+ enemies. For comparison, Blood Rage and Warlord's Mark have no such restriction, and both frenzy and endurance charges have other skills with which to get extra charges. Power charges can only be gained with Power Siphon. It should be better at it.

I can think of a few ways to fix this. Remove the limit per attack, grant two charges per kill or introduce more ways to accumulate and sustain power charges. Someone made a related suggestion over here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13721/page/20

"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
I have a power siphon build and I believe this to be unnecessary as well as making it over powered. Don't forget that power siphon has the culling strike ability built into it, you might lose some dps but you can kill the boss/unique monsters at 10% or less hp. I feel this makes up for the loss of dps against bosses.

Having culling strike built into the skill means you do not require an additional gem slot to get it and you do not get the attack speed penalty.

I think you're exaggerating the power of the "free" culling strike. Take a look at the gem leveling over here: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Culling_Strike
By lvl 6, the damage bonus outweighs the speed malus. Level it further or get a quality gem and there is no downside to speak of. You end up with culling strike and a good DPS boost for a laughable 110% cost modifier.

Yes, culling strike is one of the strengths of Power Siphon, but it's something you can get on any skill with a small investment. There's no support gem for gaining power charges, and that's what Power Siphon needs to be good at.
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
"
Torrenz wrote:
Why is it that power siphon cannot gain more than one power charge per attack?

Because that's exactly what it's supposed to do, and what the description claims it does.
'If the Attack scores a kill, it grants 1 Power Charge.'
It does not say you gain 1 Power Charge for each kill scored.

"
Torrenz wrote:
By lvl 6, the damage bonus outweighs the speed malus.
[...]
Yes, culling strike is one of the strengths of Power Siphon, but it's something you can get on any skill with a small investment.

Yes, and they are also completely incomparable, coincidentally. Attack Speed modifiers tend to have a larger impact on damage output. The damage increase, on the other hand, is minor at best. It also doesn't take a Support gem slot for Power Siphon.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 9, 2013, 12:35:07 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Torrenz wrote:
Why is it that power siphon cannot gain more than one power charge per attack?

Because that's exactly what it's supposed to do, and what the description claims it does.
'If the Attack scores a kill, it grants 1 Power Charge.'
It does not say you gain 1 Power Charge for each kill scored.

I know what it does, I'm questioning why it has to be that way when the other charge skills are more effective. Power charges shouldn't be harder to gain than endurance or frenzy, that's the point I was trying to make.

For the record, I'd much rather have a new supportive skill like end cry and bloodrage to get charges with instead of just a power siphon buff. This just seemed like the most appropriate place to post.
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info