Tempest Shield

Does Tempest shield count as a "spell" ? , meaning does it's damage increase with increased spell damage or for example iron will ?
ign: UpForJava
Could it be possible for tempest shield to stay on when you switch to the second set of weapon/shield (According you have a shield on the other set of course) ?

Right now, it is really frustrating for Tempest shield users to use the new switching feature from the last patch...
edit: solved
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Jul 29, 2012, 5:43:58 AM
"
Electrospine wrote:
Could it be possible for tempest shield to stay on when you switch to the second set of weapon/shield (According you have a shield on the other set of course) ?

Seconded. I want to swap from wand/shield to melee/shield, but I lose the tempest shield each time so I either have to stick with one or not use tempest shield.
I don't know if I can think of a situation where the following could cause a problem:

Having an empty hand slot in an alternate equipment tab just use the slot in the other page — that way a player could swap only one hand.

It would fix tempest shield being gone if the user also switched shields, but I don't know how often a user would actually want to switch their shield (I guess there's some situations, but rare?)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
I think the mana % reserved is okay, a flat 25%, but that can be punishing for users that aren't melee-based and see active use of the shield. I also think the 4% additional increase is not something to jump up for joy either.

I have the following 3 suggestions:
a) Lower the %mana reserved to 15-20% or
b) Keep the %mana reserved same and increase additional block chance to 8-15% or
c) As you level up the gem you can gain an additional .5% chance to block. So from 4% at level 1, you can get a total of 14% blocking chance once the gem is at lvl 20.

Any of the three suggestions would be welcome for this skill.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Great skill in terms of idea, graphics and sounds.

Poor in terms of balance, it's in dire need of a buff.
Increase the blocking chance as it levels up. Possibly +1% block every 2 or 3 levels.

That would make it a viable survivability skill for casters, which I assume it is intended to be.
I was really excited when I found this skill in game, it was motivation to build a lightning / block Templar. After reading about the prohibitive cost increasing at a far greater rate than the benefits, I dropped the character entirely.

I hope this skill finds a better balance in later patches, because it would be a shame for this skill to be ignored.

Right now the only use I could predict out of it is to stack support gems.. But 25% mana reserves means you can't even do that (unless you like having 90% mana reserved.. Then your entire build would be nothing but shield blocking, what's the fun in that?)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Does tempest shield work for minions when u learn the node:
Necromantic Aegis ?
"
Does tempest shield work for minions when u learn the node:
Necromantic Aegis ?
this has been asked lots of times all over the place, no. the spell applies to you, not the minions, and not your shield (and then minions).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info