[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hey thanks for the build. I loved it.

I have a couple questions. I'm always playing with my housemate and he has a blade vortex build with lots of damage, i just stand there and tank the hits coming from bosses and finish off the boss with my culling strike.

My first question is do you think i can use Craiceann's set? Right now i have these equipped from the set.
Spoiler

I feel quite tanky and my clear speed is satisfying for me. But i want a little push for boss damage. Right now i don't have Xoph's Blood yet. I have been saving a lot recently. Should i get XB first or sort my rares ? My rings and my belt and my helm
Spoiler

My elemental resistances are capped and i have 6.7k health. Right now i can face tank all map bosses, except their "dodge or die" mechanics obviously, up to The Guardians (we haven't got their maps yet).

Well yeah, my second question is, what should my next goal on my gear be? Should i give up on Craiceann's set and get a 6l Bronn's with rare gloves&boots and Devoto's? Get new jewelry ? What should i do first?

Thanks for your answers in advance. I still have lots to learn about the game.

PS: My flasks are sorted except Dying Sun.
Last edited by kehihihi on Mar 17, 2018, 2:44:31 AM
Hey guys, firstly i want to thank kira for this build, i was playing most of ranger builds from fews years and wanted to something relaxing and BURNING, obviously this build does it good.

Now i got a question, is there an adaptation for Uber Elder farming? I'm in the league atm and U-Elder is the last thing standing between me and the full clear of new contents.

So i was wondering if some of you heared about a Uber Elder adaptation or if i shall go for a reroll. To be honest, Uber Elder is quite difficult with a Cyclone build due to the lack of reactivity you got when using cyclone, especially when it comes to dps Elder when Shaper is casting offscreen..
I am looking on a single target adapt who allow fast reactivity.
I tried a molten strike adaptation but that was not very convincing.. Maybe i did it wrong, i dont know the tree/possibilities so much except bow based builds and Ele ST tbh.

I got quite lucky in Bestiary (and spend too much hours on the game..) so i have 'some' exalts to spend if needed.

So, if some angry gutts who are on very late concerns like me can spread some tips i would be thankfull.

Last edited by ViCoach on Mar 17, 2018, 7:38:38 AM
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Kurokâ wrote:
Hey,

i have readed ya FAQ but tehre some things i'm not shure about.

Is this build for starter better then ya Scion-Goddess or other Cyclone-Builds?

And is there some Reason that Elementalk Overload is better then without it? Because ya negative points for it looked for me like it's not worth it.

TY for comeing answer^^

All builds you mentioned are league starter friendly. The main differentiating factor will be the cost of gears for end game content. Slayer + Champion + Scion version of Ngamahu's Flame tend to cost more when you gear for end game.

In the FAQ, there is a comparison between Slayer / Champion / Scion / Chieftain version of Ngamahu's Flame. You will see that Chieftain version is the cheapest to gear (for end game) so that is definitely a good choice if you are just starting out in the league.

For Goddess build, you just need 2 x Oni Goroshi and they will carry you all the way to end game.

So which build to play? Pretty much your call over there.

As for Elemental Overload on Slayer, it is harder to gear (high accuracy requirement on gears) so the experience may feel for new players thus I do not recommend it.

However, Elemental Overload for Champion does not face accuracy issues (unlike Slayer) so if you want to play EO, I strongly recommend you to start off as Champion. The reason Champion is the better choice over here is because of Champion's ascendancy: Worthy Foe.

"
iznano wrote:

Hello from Russia with love! Your build is awesome!
However, today it was very cold in my city (-13C) and maps with Elemental Reflect mod very painfully:( cant kill no one mob in 7lvl map. What am I doing wrong?

Also uberlab izaro kill me with oneshot sometimes. Why you dont use IRON REFLEXES in passive tree??

For elemental reflect map, you will need Sibyl's Lament (in left ring slot) + Soul of Yugul + Ruby flask to survive through.

I recommend you to re-roll the map if you see Elemental Reflect mod on it. :)

Iron Reflexes is a personal choice over here. Some players feel safer by picking it but it is not needed for the build as long as you have ~3000 armor on gears.

For Uber Izaro, ensure you have at least 5500 life, Basalt and Granite flasks when you fight him. Running Enfeeble curse will greatly help you to survive his attack too.

"
Tifying wrote:

Hey Kira,

I have been looking for the rings/belt you recommend (I think my gloves/boots are fine? I'm over-capped in all resistances right now) but everything seems to be in the ranges of an exalt or higher compared to what you have shown which is why I'm finding a hard time to decide what is worth buying and what to sacrifice in stats to get for lower.

So my main question I guess is can I not move much forward without exalts?

I'm mostly finding it hard to find rings :/

Your boots can have higher life rolls but they are fine at this point. Overall good stats on them.

For gloves, I recommend Tombfist + Murderous jewel. It will buff your damage significantly.

The next big upgrade item for you will be a 6L chest. That will raise your damage up by 40%.

As you gear towards end game, items will cost in the exalted range. Farming Uber lab is a very good way to finance your gears.

Besides getting your rings from poe.trade, you can also try crafting them. You might just get lucky over there. :)

"
What could I Upgrade?

Spoiler

with Anger, Ash and Lightning Golem & Concentrated Effect

You can roll flat physical damage on your gloves. It will improve your damage. However, Tombfist + Murderous jewel will be a better gloves choice.

Your belt is well rolled but similar to gloves, Stygian belt + abyssal jewel will give you more damage without sacrificing toughness.

The pDPS on your Ngamahu's Flame is 387.8, which is rather low. You will want to aim for a new one with at least 410 pDPS and 11% increased attack speed.

Thank you so much for the reply. Should I focus on Brons Lithe for the 6l? I never thought of those gloves you mention! I'll try them out, thank you! (I may be blind and missed it in the topic, I only looked at recommended rares section)
I'm so happy! Second league in a row getting the 6L in less than 200 fusings. One less thing to worry about. :D
"
kehihihi wrote:
Hey thanks for the build. I loved it.

I have a couple questions. I'm always playing with my housemate and he has a blade vortex build with lots of damage, i just stand there and tank the hits coming from bosses and finish off the boss with my culling strike.

My first question is do you think i can use Craiceann's set? Right now i have these equipped from the set.
Spoiler

I feel quite tanky and my clear speed is satisfying for me. But i want a little push for boss damage. Right now i don't have Xoph's Blood yet. I have been saving a lot recently. Should i get XB first or sort my rares ? My rings and my belt and my helm
Spoiler

My elemental resistances are capped and i have 6.7k health. Right now i can face tank all map bosses, except their "dodge or die" mechanics obviously, up to The Guardians (we haven't got their maps yet).

Well yeah, my second question is, what should my next goal on my gear be? Should i give up on Craiceann's set and get a 6l Bronn's with rare gloves&boots and Devoto's? Get new jewelry ? What should i do first?

Thanks for your answers in advance. I still have lots to learn about the game.

PS: My flasks are sorted except Dying Sun.

Craiceann is pretty much a defensive setup. It is great for leveling but not so much when you want to clear end game content. Bronn will still be the better chest for that kind of task.

If your ultimate goal is end game bosses, I would suggest you to save up for 6L Bronn with 3R2B1G. Then go for Xoph's Blood.

Replace your belt with Stygian + Murderous jewel. You will get more toughness and damage out of it.

Tombfist + Murderous will give you more damage too.

As for Dying Sun, it isn't as useful as it was since GGG changed the way single reflect mob works. Taste of Hate will be a better flask.

"
ViCoach wrote:
Hey guys, firstly i want to thank kira for this build, i was playing most of ranger builds from fews years and wanted to something relaxing and BURNING, obviously this build does it good.

Now i got a question, is there an adaptation for Uber Elder farming? I'm in the league atm and U-Elder is the last thing standing between me and the full clear of new contents.

So i was wondering if some of you heared about a Uber Elder adaptation or if i shall go for a reroll. To be honest, Uber Elder is quite difficult with a Cyclone build due to the lack of reactivity you got when using cyclone, especially when it comes to dps Elder when Shaper is casting offscreen..
I am looking on a single target adapt who allow fast reactivity.
I tried a molten strike adaptation but that was not very convincing.. Maybe i did it wrong, i dont know the tree/possibilities so much except bow based builds and Ele ST tbh.

I got quite lucky in Bestiary (and spend too much hours on the game..) so i have 'some' exalts to spend if needed.

So, if some angry gutts who are on very late concerns like me can spread some tips i would be thankfull.

Uber Elder is the toughest boss in the game now and to fight him, you have to be very well geared. I believe it is possible to kill him with Cyclone as long as you manage it properly. Vaal Pact will be very useful against Uber Elder.

Chieftain version of the build is another great option as it will have more damage than Slayer when you gear for it.

"
Tifying wrote:

Thank you so much for the reply. Should I focus on Brons Lithe for the 6l? I never thought of those gloves you mention! I'll try them out, thank you! (I may be blind and missed it in the topic, I only looked at recommended rares section)

I would definitely focus on getting 6L for Bronn. 40% more damage is too big to pass. :)

"
Jes910 wrote:
I'm so happy! Second league in a row getting the 6L in less than 200 fusings. One less thing to worry about. :D

Congrats to your 6L!

I was bitten badly in SSF Abyss league on 6L. I spent 6000+ fusing to just get 1 x 6L. I should have used Vorici and get 4 items linked instead.
Hi. Im currently leveling a slayer to play this build. Why is the leveling guide only to 55. Am i suppose to do something Then? Im level 50 and still use sunder. What do i need to roll over to cyclone?
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Kurokâ wrote:
Hey,

i have readed ya FAQ but tehre some things i'm not shure about.

Is this build for starter better then ya Scion-Goddess or other Cyclone-Builds?

And is there some Reason that Elementalk Overload is better then without it? Because ya negative points for it looked for me like it's not worth it.

TY for comeing answer^^

All builds you mentioned are league starter friendly. The main differentiating factor will be the cost of gears for end game content. Slayer + Champion + Scion version of Ngamahu's Flame tend to cost more when you gear for end game.

In the FAQ, there is a comparison between Slayer / Champion / Scion / Chieftain version of Ngamahu's Flame. You will see that Chieftain version is the cheapest to gear (for end game) so that is definitely a good choice if you are just starting out in the league.

For Goddess build, you just need 2 x Oni Goroshi and they will carry you all the way to end game.

So which build to play? Pretty much your call over there.

As for Elemental Overload on Slayer, it is harder to gear (high accuracy requirement on gears) so the experience may feel for new players thus I do not recommend it.

However, Elemental Overload for Champion does not face accuracy issues (unlike Slayer) so if you want to play EO, I strongly recommend you to start off as Champion. The reason Champion is the better choice over here is because of Champion's ascendancy: Worthy Foe.

"
iznano wrote:

Hello from Russia with love! Your build is awesome!
However, today it was very cold in my city (-13C) and maps with Elemental Reflect mod very painfully:( cant kill no one mob in 7lvl map. What am I doing wrong?

Also uberlab izaro kill me with oneshot sometimes. Why you dont use IRON REFLEXES in passive tree??

For elemental reflect map, you will need Sibyl's Lament (in left ring slot) + Soul of Yugul + Ruby flask to survive through.

I recommend you to re-roll the map if you see Elemental Reflect mod on it. :)

Iron Reflexes is a personal choice over here. Some players feel safer by picking it but it is not needed for the build as long as you have ~3000 armor on gears.

For Uber Izaro, ensure you have at least 5500 life, Basalt and Granite flasks when you fight him. Running Enfeeble curse will greatly help you to survive his attack too.

"
Tifying wrote:

Hey Kira,

I have been looking for the rings/belt you recommend (I think my gloves/boots are fine? I'm over-capped in all resistances right now) but everything seems to be in the ranges of an exalt or higher compared to what you have shown which is why I'm finding a hard time to decide what is worth buying and what to sacrifice in stats to get for lower.

So my main question I guess is can I not move much forward without exalts?

I'm mostly finding it hard to find rings :/

Your boots can have higher life rolls but they are fine at this point. Overall good stats on them.

For gloves, I recommend Tombfist + Murderous jewel. It will buff your damage significantly.

The next big upgrade item for you will be a 6L chest. That will raise your damage up by 40%.

As you gear towards end game, items will cost in the exalted range. Farming Uber lab is a very good way to finance your gears.

Besides getting your rings from poe.trade, you can also try crafting them. You might just get lucky over there. :)

"
What could I Upgrade?

Spoiler

with Anger, Ash and Lightning Golem & Concentrated Effect

You can roll flat physical damage on your gloves. It will improve your damage. However, Tombfist + Murderous jewel will be a better gloves choice.

Your belt is well rolled but similar to gloves, Stygian belt + abyssal jewel will give you more damage without sacrificing toughness.

The pDPS on your Ngamahu's Flame is 387.8, which is rather low. You will want to aim for a new one with at least 410 pDPS and 11% increased attack speed.

Thanks for ya reaply. So if i a fan of the Culling Strike i need to play Scion or Slayer? Both Builds can do the same content and other things or is scion/slayer better then Scion/Slayer?
"
Plzdolfykingz wrote:
Hi. Im currently leveling a slayer to play this build. Why is the leveling guide only to 55. Am i suppose to do something Then? Im level 50 and still use sunder. What do i need to roll over to cyclone?

Hey dude, you can equip the Ngamahu at 55 which is also when you switch to Cyclone (by putting it in your Ngamahu).

Look for 410+ pDPS and 11% attack speed minimum, you want 6 slots (ignoring links) but 5 slots at the start worked fine for me too.
Should we get a pair Corrupted Tombfists with 2R1B oder 2R1G? And how would that change our Gem-Setup for Boots and Helmet?
Last edited by Kurokâ on Mar 18, 2018, 12:40:33 PM
Hey,

thanks for the great guide!

I just have a quick question:
What do you think about the Belt "The Nomad"?

thanks in advance !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info