[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
namad wrote:
please add to the OP which exactly picks in the inquisitor class to take?
I assume:
Righteous Providence
and
Inevitable Judgement
but what other one? does it matter?

You can open the Ascendancy class in the skill tree and it's all there. ;)

Righteous Providence / Inevitable Judgement / Instruments of Virtue / Augury of Penitence
Last edited by tomay on Dec 6, 2016, 9:25:44 AM
"
noth1n wrote:

* Dropped anger for blasphemy-temp chains, anger adds minimal damage and I'm thinking of running double curse instead.

I am too lazy to drop Orb of Storms all the time, so I generally can't keep up power charges. Therefore I:
- did not take the four nodes for the 2 extra power charges
- use those 4 and one additional to get to Whispers of Doom (take the 2x5% curse effect nodes - they are worth it)
- dropped Anger
- use Blasphemy to run TempChains and Enfeeble instead
- and only drop Orb of Storms on breaches, bosses, and the occasional tanky rare.

Works for me. Have used Blasphemy+TempChains+Enfeeble the last three leagues....somehow they always enter my build.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 6, 2016, 10:16:26 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
namad wrote:
please add to the OP which exactly picks in the inquisitor class to take?
I assume:
Righteous Providence
and
Inevitable Judgement
but what other one? does it matter?

You can open the Ascendancy class in the skill tree and it's all there. ;)

Righteous Providence / Inevitable Judgement / Instruments of Virtue / Augury of Penitence

whoops I'm more used to the ui one poebuilder and other such sites where you don't have to click first to open the ascendancy tree.
What about making dual curse, flammability + enfeeble or enfeeble+temporal chains?
Maybe using Heretic's veil helmet with dual curse. Just 5 points away. Enfeeble + temporal curses will be more defensive.
Last edited by realjam on Dec 6, 2016, 11:04:29 AM
Build is pretty good. Guide was made before breaches and I found that totems die way to easily. So to fix this I got the life and elemental resist node and it boosts their suitability in breaches a lot. I also use the Spire of Stone jewel to prevent them from dying and getting 9% more life (get str nodes instead of int on the left most jewel). I've done fire and lightning Breachstone maps. But the boss on cold is still way too hard as pizza sticks. I'm life base atm with 5.4k Life and I tried out the new life totem shield but I didn't like the blood magic for maps.

I've also found that you need decent offensive stats to be able to do breaches comfy. If you can't one shot with a fast cast on flameblast then the breachs will over run you and destroy you're totems and your left with casting totems forever and dying. The main problem with life is next to zero life regen so hard content like shaper is probably not doable as life.
Last edited by Acww52 on Dec 6, 2016, 11:07:29 AM
"
realjam wrote:
What about making dual curse, flammability + enfeeble or enfeeble+temporal chains?
Maybe using Heretic's veil helmet with dual curse. Just 5 points away. Enfeeble + temporal curses will be more defensive.

Done some experimenting, and:
- Dual Curse without Veil is not worth it, as you lose Discipline
- Flammability is never worth it (as your crits ignore resists)

Best (I think) is Discipline+Veil+Blasphemy-Enfeeble/TempChains
Second best is Discipline+Blasphemy-TempChains,

Make sure that you buy Q20 Blasphemy and TempChains (enfeeble is less important)

For me the Blasphemy works much better than the Curse on Hit, since it is always on (especially when you suddenly run into a pack), and this improves clearspeed a lot.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 6, 2016, 12:38:19 PM
"
Acww52 wrote:
The main problem with life is next to zero life regen so hard content like shaper is probably not doable as life.

Indeed, the 1% Life Regeneration from Sanctity does perilously little, just about enough to sustain the Mana costs with Tukohama's Blood Magic (Voidbringer not helping much either here ;). So I suggest you aim for Quick Recovery in the Tree (.8%) and pray to RNGesus for a nicely rolled Marble Amulet (lvl 74, up to 1.6%). This should improve matters somewhat. And then there is always our trusty old Stone Golem...

My question, however, is: wouldn't we be better of with Elemental Focus instead of Controlled Destruction? We cannot ignite (the chance is only 5% anyway) but we will gain 5% more spell damage and 100% crit chance.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 6, 2016, 1:55:42 PM
Need some advice i am still betwween raizqts ele and this build obiously only considerin ci :D bcuz life
is mehhh.raiz ele seems to have nice survival but i readed all comments here and most say survival is really bad so kinda makes me wonder how viable this is actually t14-16 hardmaps and bosses+ breach stuff*???
Anyone figure out how to successfully handle a cold breach yet on a CI character? I feel like I've tried everything. Totems are constantly chilled and killed, the Golem and Frost blade dudes wreck CI. I can comfortably do t11 maps but a cold breach in a t5 map easily kills me.
Very nice write up thanks!
http://www.twitch.tv/johmasho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info