[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Is casting speed inherent on daggers? The only purpose of daggers is the ability to WB dash for movement right? My assumption is that you have to get lucky with essence crafting on the daggers+casting speed but I hope Im wrong?
Possible dumb question, but why would we ever use Controlled Destruction in this build? Seems like its heavily crit based.
Hey Guys,

Can you check out my character. LHC.

I feel like i'm to squishy... NO MANA REGEN, and if i get hit a couploe times i have to wait for my ES to recharge back. Nothing feels safe about this build. can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Adam.
So I'm trying out this build, but I realized something with the gems. Faster Casting speed doesn't really support Flameblast, it only seems to support the summoning of the totem that casts it. The tooltip damage doesn't change at all, only the cast time. Am I wrong about this? Because if not, it doesn't really seem worth using. But if this is the case, is it worth getting cast speed on anything?
"
XCaedisX wrote:
So I'm trying out this build, but I realized something with the gems. Faster Casting speed doesn't really support Flameblast, it only seems to support the summoning of the totem that casts it. The tooltip damage doesn't change at all, only the cast time. Am I wrong about this? Because if not, it doesn't really seem worth using. But if this is the case, is it worth getting cast speed on anything?

Totem speed has its own node, "totem placement speed". All castspeeds affect the spell cast by the totem itself.
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
Hey Guys,

Can you check out my character. LHC.

I feel like i'm to squishy... NO MANA REGEN, and if i get hit a couploe times i have to wait for my ES to recharge back. Nothing feels safe about this build. can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Adam.

Yeah, I feel without zealot's oath build path, this build has huge weakness. You should take a look at the blajo alternative build path (zealot's oath). https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/blajo/characters

I feel this is much safer, so far I'm lvl 86 and 0 deaths in LSC, has done T15 corrupted core, abyss deathless. Blajo has done shaper deathless. The only difference is I went ES shield instead of more dps. I feel ES shield is too good for safety when my other gear isn't GG yet.
Last edited by DanyStormborn on Mar 20, 2017, 12:42:53 AM
"
DanyStormborn wrote:
"
XCaedisX wrote:

Totem speed has its own node, "totem placement speed". All castspeeds affect the spell cast by the totem itself.

Hm, alright. Does cast speed also affect how fast Flameblast charges? Since that part of the spell isn't in the tooltip--you only get to see how fast the initial cast is, not how fast it charges up to full power.
"
XCaedisX wrote:
"
DanyStormborn wrote:
"
XCaedisX wrote:

Hm, alright. Does cast speed also affect how fast Flameblast charges? Since that part of the spell isn't in the tooltip--you only get to see how fast the initial cast is, not how fast it charges up to full power.

That's actually exactly where it affects. The tooltip dps shows the first stack's dps, but flameblast's dps comes from how fast it charges to 10 stacks, which is affected by cast speed.

So stacking cast speed will have 0 effect on tooltip dps, you will see the same dps whether 0 cast speed of 150% cast speed. But you will see immediate difference in the charge speed of flameblast.
Last edited by DanyStormborn on Mar 20, 2017, 12:43:35 AM
"
DanyStormborn wrote:

That's actually exactly where it affects. The tooltip dps shows the first stack's dps, but flameblast's dps comes from how fast it charges to 10 stacks, which is affected by cast speed.

So stacking cast speed will have 0 effect on tooltip dps, you will see the same dps whether 0 cast speed of 150% cast speed. But you will see immediate difference in the charge speed of flameblast.

Great, thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know. The unchanging tooltip made me think it didn't affect it. Glad to know, since without the extra cast speed it has a hard time catching all the mobs in its ring, or getting the spell off before the totem gets killed when faced with stronger mobs/bosses.
How do you know if you reached the maximum size of a blast? I.e. when getting more cast speed won't help anymore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info