[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

hey nice guide man. question wouldn't Instruments of Virtue be more a priority? especially for early game as it gives nice cast sped etc
How much ES should you have before you start respecing to CI? Whats a good starting number?
"
Elua wrote:
@Vallenhael I think you are bit too harsh in this build judgement. Yes your concerns are valid, but IMO you should only compare this build to other totem builds. In this category it's very good. Ofc some non-totem builds are much better, but for players who want totem - playstyle they are not option. Major problem of this build is lack of leech in form of totem or fire dmg leech like it have marauder - chieftain. Its ofc possible to make this build as cheftain, get Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver but dps loss will be huge.

Overall if you don't do breaches at all its very strong build. It needs off-screen playstyle, very fast dodging
( that combo is best thing to survive ever crated ). But its menagable. Definetly not Yolo build, but I love when uber Izaro dies in 2 sec.

btw, solo & deathless Abaxoth kill :)

http://i.imgur.com/Un8oJUn.jpg

I will mot argue that this perhaps the best totem build. The only one who is euqal is ancestral warchief, which is better for bosses and slightly slower for maps, though much more expensive. I've played 3 other totem builds in my poe carrier, which were all worse, but in those cases I just rerolled after collecting 10-15 eex, whereas here i tried pushing endgame. With moderate success, i guess?

I've tried running a breechstone today once again and it just doesn't work properly for this build, only if you run narrow areas, and there breeches are just plain bad. Imho smth like that belongs into the disclaimer. Offscreen playstyle is not always optimal for higher bosses imho. Hydra for instance I find much easyer just circling around her, while keeping an eye on her.
I dont think investing that much effort into keeping totems alive would be forth it in this build, if that is your concern one should just go smth else.

Abaxoth is a pushover btw :D just takes forever if you play him carefully.

Also I'm a bit pissed off about the Videos of the lvl 97 steroid carry on the front page, he sould write smth like: "This is what you can achieve if you put the currency equivalent of a used car into this build!" xD
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 19, 2017, 9:43:56 AM
Can I drop valyrium with this boot enchant?
I'm not very experiencing with the game. I've been following this build and I'm at level 79. I've no issue with damage but I feel like I'm very glass cannon. I keep dying in tier 4 to 6 maps, costing me a lot of XP and that gets me really unmotivated to keep going.

Obviously my gear is not that great but I simply haven't found better yet and getting better at trading looks beyond my budget.

How should I improve ?
"
Norseman wrote:
I'm not very experiencing with the game. I've been following this build and I'm at level 79. I've no issue with damage but I feel like I'm very glass cannon. I keep dying in tier 4 to 6 maps, costing me a lot of XP and that gets me really unmotivated to keep going.

Obviously my gear is not that great but I simply haven't found better yet and getting better at trading looks beyond my budget.

How should I improve ?

Well first of all you should get a chest with 400+ ES and a shield. Your current gear shouldn't even do well in dried lake. You don't need a second dagger until you can get 9-10kES without the shield. It's really not that much of an impact, compared to higher survivability.
Also look for a better belt, and ES boots
Hello!
I have a question - how do you generate Power Charges since spell does not deal damage, because of Ancestral Bond? How do you deal crits with Orb of Storm to generate Power Charges?
Thanks.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.
"
Joksee wrote:
Well first of all you should get a chest with 400+ ES and a shield. Your current gear shouldn't even do well in dried lake. You don't need a second dagger until you can get 9-10kES without the shield. It's really not that much of an impact, compared to higher survivability.
Also look for a better belt, and ES boots

Thanks. I'll take these into consideration.

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
ES is overrated in this build unless you have GG gear. I'm running life based and don't really have any issues on higher tiers unless I get swarmed or am not paying attention. For Breaches I just run around and spam Seething potions. It's a good build but running it on like 7-8k ES with CI would suck imo. I'm just using this to farm maps and save currency, spending tons of currency for like a 10k+ ES build seems like a huge waste of money to me.

I see you followed a more armour based build. I see you also use Immortals Call. The builder doesn't recommend it but I already thought of trying it, just didn't got the sockets yet. I feel I'm spiked a lot..

How much important is to have +20% on all the gear?
"
LowBudget780 wrote:

ES is overrated in this build unless you have GG gear. I'm running life based and don't really have any issues on higher tiers unless I get swarmed or am not paying attention. For Breaches I just run around and spam Seething potions. It's a good build but running it on like 7-8k ES with CI would suck imo. I'm just using this to farm maps and save currency, spending tons of currency for like a 10k+ ES build seems like a huge waste of money to me.

I absolutely agree with you in early stages of the game, however I you wanna run random corrupted t15 8 mods or dmg modded t16 maps I find CI to be rather mandatory. Hydra with a strong dmg mod hits for about 9.5k es, which means unless you are one quick reflexed SOB you should have atleast 9,6k ES ++. Low tier breeches are fine, but in high tier breeches enemies will fuck your totems in less then 0,3 sec, which is usually not enough to get of a lethal flameblast and then they will swarm you. And as long as you cant keep killing them faster than they spawn, you are fucked. Try running a breech in abyss with vuln, 2 dmg mods and faster attack/casts/ms mod. You will be annhilated faster than you can say "Boy i wish I did not bring a Breechstone into this map, it feels like this was a very poor idea. I should reconsider next time." (yeah it will usually take a couple sec but eventually you are overwhelmed).

You basically need CI and 10k ES +++ (I am at 10,55k atm and saving for a 950 es chest for 11,5k, it really makes all the difference in the world) to survive hits so you can whirl away in panic, reg for 2 sec and rejoin the fray. You cant do that with 7k life.

Edit: Here's my gear for refference
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 19, 2017, 4:06:03 PM
"
Forward1115 wrote:
How much ES should you have before you start respecing to CI? Whats a good starting number?

Can anyone answer this? I don't want to switch then end up screwing myself over cause I don't have enough ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info