[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

@Nevzat: If you see both curses over the heads of enemies, that seems very strange if you just have 1 curse. You are able to activate both curses as blasphemies regardless of your max curse count.

@inB4, keep in mind that you get flat life and mana as you level, and your character is still very low level. Your gear looks fine, but on most items you should be able to squeeze out 20-30 additional life eventually. Just do the content your character feels comfortable with, and eventually as your gems reach level 19-21, you should be able to do red maps easily.
Got lucky today with lab farming, and switched to LL version. Need advice for gear and skill tree.
Looks solid. I am not entirely convinced that Shaper's Touch with CWDT is worth it over Allelopathy though. Also, do you feel that you need Dream Fragments? The year or so I played LL ED, I never felt any need to have complete immunity to chill and freeze. You can reroll your Stibnite or Sulphur for that immunity.
Against guardians and shaper Allelopathy is to risky I guess. Maybe, then shaper strikes beam, but I prefer to kite around.
If that is your preference, then go for it. You might want to check out how much ES a couple of rare gloves with high ES compared to Shaper's touch.

Since you don't use Blight, you should be fine dropping either BotC or the duration cluster in the passive tree. Since you don't Shield Charge either, a well rolled wand might be the best option.

Something like this wand might be nice. It is not perfect, so there are still more nice stats to gain.
Well, I try unset ring instead dream fragment, for a dash gem, and return alleopathy gloves, and reroll flask as you suggest.
Any thoughts on watcher's eye? For instance

(4-6)% increased maximum Energy Shield
(4-6)% increased maximum Life
(4-6)% increased maximum Mana
<Two random aura modifiers>

chance to Block Spells while affected by Discipline
faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while affected by Discipline (up to 40%)

Looks amazing for me.
Hi!

Giving this build a try and so far lvl 68 and about to gear up for mapping. Ripped my last character with all my investment therefore I'm broke and need a gear upgrade progression advise.

How far can I go with a 5-link perfect form? Even a 5 link will cost a bit in AHC due to the chromas coloring.

Was thinking if I should go for a rare 6-link and later go for a 6-link perfect form as the last upgrade.

From what I've been reading the main single target comes from Blight. Then maybe a 6-link ED is not necessary needed for Boss killing?

Would a 5-link be enough for bosses like guardians or even shaper? Only played ED once as Occultist back in 2.6 and I could kill the guardians and shaper with a 5-link due to the high ES and ED+kiting play style.

Lastly, really good guide and well written arguments for your choices of gears but also your engagement in answering questions in this thread.

Is that build possible to play as ssf in abyss? Or should I looking for something else
@klezmer, you can play this build SSF no problem. The issues with resists mostly appear as you get your Perfect Form, which will take a while (if you go for it at all) in SSF. We really want two core uniques in the build, and we can live without both. Your single target and boss killing will be a bit slow before you manage to drop/chance Allelopathy, and Breath of the Council is mostly relevant for the high end boss DPS. BotC is still relatively "easy" to get through grinding prophecies.

@Landoro, I would argue that a 6L is a very low priority when you incorporate Allelopathy into the build, and should not be a focus at all before you feel the rest of your gear is amazing. You might not feel the same way, as not everyone are comfortable facetanking and channeling Blight. If that ends up being the case for you, you might want to focus more currency on getting the 6L Body Armour instead. I would suggest getting a BBBGGG 6S5L Perfect Form to start with, then consider what to spend your money on at a later stage. Also, thanks for the encouragement. It does take some more time maintaining the guide by not recommending a specific and concrete playstyle and mindset.

@FakelZ, the Discipline variant of Watcher's Eye is very strong defensively for us. If you want some extra utility, go for it. Any combination of mana gained as ES with Clarity, ES regen with Discipline or faster start of ES recharge with Discipline would be very good.
Last edited by Nedieth on Dec 28, 2017, 5:34:15 PM
can someone take a look at my character?
Following this guide, I made another variation on pob for the tree and was going well till like t7 then ED damage noticeably dropped. I feel my gear is kinda decent and I'm res capped with atziri's step and perfect form.
Any help is really appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info