[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

I've reached a point where I think I need to ask for help with my gear. I feel pretty good about everything, although I know my chest is the 'middle of the road' version.

The problem I'm having is that I'm dying in red maps. I feel super squishy (and slow, but i dont think there's much to be done about that). Would The Perfect Form be the answer to solve my issues?

I have about a 9 ex budget at the moment, and have enough fuses to try and 6 link a Perfect Form chest if that would solve my issues. I feel pretty good about my damage even, I just wish I wasn't so damn squishy.

Also, any recommendations on obvious upgrades would be welcome.

hello, i need some advice what should i do now. I'm having problems with surviving fights with bosses on t14+ maps. Also i feel like im not dealing that much dmg to them. Could you please help me?

I was thinking of about changing my amulet for something else since i dont need so much dexterity anymore. Also i know i'm missing lab enchants, but im working on it. Any other suggestions? Thank you for your help, happy new year guys ;)
@Jay, If you still feel squishy, The Perfect Form is the way to go. The cold res -> evasion function on it makes your flasks scale a lot better as well. Either Perfect Form will do the trick, or you might need to look into how you move through maps. a 2% life/mana reg when hit enchant on boots also goes a long way (makes it more comfy to drop the mana flask).

If you start getting more comfortable with your survivability, you could try to get a Silver and/or Quicksilver flask into the setup. They both scale really well with the Shield Charge spam.

@Kickowsky, You should try to at least get a Jade flask into your flask setup. It works really well in tandem with your Perfect Form. Rumi's is very nice, but I would not use it if it has to replace the flasks that stacks evasion to a reasonable level. For amulet alternatives, there is always Impresence. With that you need to consider if you want to reserve no mana at all or go dual curse though.
Last edited by Nedieth on Dec 31, 2017, 7:56:09 AM
note: as the genius build maker said Perfect Form is insane. You need to play around this item, take evasion gear and do not be afraid of taking extra cold res. With just atziri step and perfect form I have 41% evasion unbuffed. Coupled with the regen, thesheer ehp of the build and the other defensive mechanics(AA, fortify, spelldodge) it is easy to sustain any no nonsense things even in T16(I mean even shaper slam doesn't os this build as I tooked it twice in the face doing my run, y I'm bad). You can go even more ahead by taken a spell dodge shield(evasion), it can roll damage to spells, I haven't see any to sell yet for more evasion and banking on increasing returns of spell avoidance.

killed shaper and guardians corrupted today (hydra was 8 affix no regen). Had lvl20 ed and lv3 empower. (so basically you can imagine easily 15-20% more single target dps with same setup.

it was my first shaper kill ever and first time i see beyond phase 2 always playing hypster builds:

TBH this char is the best I ever played, it comes close to top tier builds when everything is layered on single target while giving close to no care what so ever destroying mobs screens away and facetanking most of the content. Everything went more than smooth from lvl1 to lvl92. Felt like almost cheating.
Last edited by galuf on Dec 31, 2017, 9:23:46 AM
"
Nedieth wrote:
@Jay, If you still feel squishy, The Perfect Form is the way to go. The cold res -> evasion function on it makes your flasks scale a lot better as well. Either Perfect Form will do the trick, or you might need to look into how you move through maps. a 2% life/mana reg when hit enchant on boots also goes a long way (makes it more comfy to drop the mana flask).

If you start getting more comfortable with your survivability, you could try to get a Silver and/or Quicksilver flask into the setup. They both scale really well with the Shield Charge spam.

Thanks for your input! I guess my concern now is figuring out how to accommodate my resistances - im thinkin it may be time to say goodbye to my helm. Outside of the blight enchant, it's mediocre as hell. I need to account for the -30% cold resist somehow. Also probably need to sacrifice some damage on the amulet to get my resists in order...

"
galuf wrote:
note: as the genius build maker said Perfect Form is insane. You need to play around this item, take evasion gear and do not be afraid of taking extra cold res. With just atziri step and perfect form I have 41% evasion unbuffed. Coupled with the regen, thesheer ehp of the build and the other defensive mechanics(AA, fortify, spelldodge) it is easy to sustain any no nonsense things even in T16(I mean even shaper slam doesn't os this build as I tooked it twice in the face doing my run, y I'm bad). You can go even more ahead by taken a spell dodge shield(evasion), it can roll damage to spells, I haven't see any to sell yet for more evasion and banking on increasing returns of spell avoidance.

killed shaper and guardians corrupted today (hydra was 8 affix no regen). Had lvl20 ed and lv3 empower. (so basically you can imagine easily 15-20% more single target dps with same setup.

it was my first shaper kill ever and first time i see beyond phase 2 always playing hypster builds:

TBH this char is the best I ever played, it comes close to top tier builds when everything is layered on single target while giving close to no care what so ever destroying mobs screens away and facetanking most of the content. Everything went more than smooth from lvl1 to lvl92. Felt like almost cheating.

Thanks galuf. My goal for this league was to kill all the bosses and fullly complete the atlas. I hit this wall with my character, and started rerolling in the attempts to find something a bit easier. But what this is telling me is that I just need to continue investing in the character to be able to farm guardians/shaper like I want.

Thanks for your input. I'll rebuild my gear around evasion.
Also, how did you guys get Arctic Armor on your gear? I'm thinking an unset ring has to be the way to go, yeah?
"
JayRizzo03 wrote:
Also, how did you guys get Arctic Armor on your gear? I'm thinking an unset ring has to be the way to go, yeah?
Fairly sure if you look at this example gear he has an unset ring and a shaper item with "Artic armour has 100% reduce mana reservation".
e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7
Did some regearing last night to get into Atziri Step boots, and just doing the change around for minimal cost I’m up to 38% chance to evade from 28% and plus the spell evasion now. I found that running red maps is pretty easy like you said. I honestly only die to stupid stuff or when I get chained stunned by Abyss monsters. That was before the regear though so I’m looking forward to see how much that helps.

I tried the Minotaur last night and failed twice. Got him down to about 30% the second time. When you can’t face tank and stack blight, your ED damage really has to be on par. Buffer up I’m only at like 100k which isn’t too great. I’m gonna be selling my Six link belly on my other character and fully committing to this one. Should net me about 7ex on softcore. I’m honestly thinking about using a couple ex and investing into impresence, then respeccing into dual curse. Running temp chains along with despair I feel will make a huge survivability difference, while increasing ED damage at the same time.

At level 88 I’m at about 5100 HP 750 ES And 1600 unreserved. I may respec my jewel behind the shadow area to the mana one by the scion wheel to help get my mana pool higher.

I’m looking for suggestions on how to push to shaper and invest my last five or so ex after the sale of the belly. Is it worth to purchase 21/20 ED for 3ex rather than risk my own? I’m about halfway to 20 on all my gems so gonna run more 9’s and 10’s to finish them off. Should I invest in more spell power on shield?

Thanks again for the help! Hope you have a great new year as well!

PS I leveled my shield charge up lmao. The strength requirement is insane. Looking at other people’s gear in this thread, I know why they are all at level one now lol. Trying to regear last night I was like this is impossible lmao.
I usually level as many EDs as I can in my offslot so that I can vaal 4-5 gems once they hit max and usually get one (my worst streak ever was 18 20/20 corrupts for a 21/20). Once you manage to get the regen enchant on your boots, you should be really tanky and able to drop a mana and a HP flask for two more utility flasks. I would even drop one of the HP flasks you use now for a Jade flask.
Well, now I have the OPPOSITE problem from my last post.

As an update, I acquired a 6 link The Perfect Form, stuck in an empower, and am feelin so much about about my survivability. I'm up to 5.7k health/1.5k mana with MoM, and maps are great.

Now the problem is my dps.

I'm working on shaper. So far I've gotten him to phase 3 at 25%. I'm SO fucking close, but I feel like the phases are just taking way too long.I dont bother putting down a wither totem cause he just kills it, which means my main dps is blight and ED.

Could anyone help me figure out how to squeeze out more dps? In PoB my DoT dps is only 63k, but thats without wither totem. Not sure how to add wither totem.

I really appreciate how helpful you guys have been so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info