[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

So just what are we looking at as far as Jewels go? I didn't see a section on the main page, so I thought I'd ask.

I'd assume something like %Life, %Mana, Spell damage with shield, and maybe Chaos damage / resists for your final property for normal jewels (maybe got priority wrong?) but I'm clueless for the Abyssal Eye jewels for our Stygian Vise.
"
ftw2255 wrote:
can someone take a look at my character?
Following this guide, I made another variation on pob for the tree and was going well till like t7 then ED damage noticeably dropped. I feel my gear is kinda decent and I'm res capped with atziri's step and perfect form.
Any help is really appreciated.

usually take that chaos wheel under shadow, and witch spell damage, and potency of will. And less of the far left life stuff
Last edited by Noctide on Dec 28, 2017, 9:57:20 PM
Found this under the gearing section:
"
Nedieth wrote:
The stats on jewels we fit into the passive tree can be prioritized by the same list as above. I generally get a bit greedy in the damage/utility department when it comes to jewels, but I would advice to try to get jewels with life rolls. Due to roll tiers being different on jewels, here is my personal priority list:

- maximum life (or mana if I have good flat rolls on my gear)
- spell damage while holding a shield
- spell damage, damage over time, chaos damage
- damage

Beyond these affixes, stuff like attack and cast speed, cast/attack speed while holding a shield, or resists are very nice to get.

@ftw2255, you have neither Potency of Will, nor Breath of the Council. This means that your Blight damage is quite lackluster. I would suggest going down towards Scion life wheel instead of grabbing as many nodes as you do outside of Templar. Since we want increased skill effect duration, I think you might experience better results than your current tree.
"
Nedieth wrote:
@klezmer, you can play this build SSF no problem. The issues with resists mostly appear as you get your Perfect Form, which will take a while (if you go for it at all) in SSF. We really want two core uniques in the build, and we can live without both. Your single target and boss killing will be a bit slow before you manage to drop/chance Allelopathy, and Breath of the Council is mostly relevant for the high end boss DPS. BotC is still relatively "easy" to get through grinding prophecies.

@Landoro, I would argue that a 6L is a very low priority when you incorporate Allelopathy into the build, and should not be a focus at all before you feel the rest of your gear is amazing. You might not feel the same way, as not everyone are comfortable facetanking and channeling Blight. If that ends up being the case for you, you might want to focus more currency on getting the 6L Body Armour instead. I would suggest getting a BBBGGG 6S5L Perfect Form to start with, then consider what to spend your money on at a later stage. Also, thanks for the encouragement. It does take some more time maintaining the guide by not recommending a specific and concrete playstyle and mindset.

@FakelZ, the Discipline variant of Watcher's Eye is very strong defensively for us. If you want some extra utility, go for it. Any combination of mana gained as ES with Clarity, ES regen with Discipline or faster start of ES recharge with Discipline would be very good.

Thank you for your quick answer! Will stick to your advise by using 5 link Perfect Form when I got the currency for it.

However, if I manage to survive with this character I have some idea I would like to try out.

1. Try the ring Hungry Loop that eventually can be a 5 link Contagion set up. Then we might fit in a CWDT set up for more defensive layer.

2. For pure boss killing, drop blasphemy set up and use orb of storm+curse on hit set up. We will gain more eHP and also enable us to use Clear Mind for 50-60 inc spell DMG.

What do you think about this?
With the introduction of Impresence, running with Clear Mind is already very viable. I have not yet had the chance to play around with Impresence and the slow it provides, so I can't really recommend it yet.

Anyway, the setup I'd use would be to run Despair off Blasphemy and AA. Both of these are free due to Perfect Form and Impresence. This allows us to get Clear Mind, as well as dropping a few mana passives since our mana pool would probably be too big (more than 43% of our HP).
i think i'm done so far with that build:

i also managed to kill shaper (SC player) - but i had lot of struggle because of bad movement and my reactions. i afraid to try uber atziri altough it should be doable with that gear.

i think about try occu ll now, made a build with up to 600k shaper dps just with blight, about 9k ES and tri curse to abuse the "outperform by dmg" thing :D
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!
Last edited by stexnex on Dec 29, 2017, 5:08:05 PM
Looking forward to seeing how you feel about playing Occ after MoM Trickster. They just feel so extremely different.
"
Nedieth wrote:
Looking forward to seeing how you feel about playing Occ after MoM Trickster. They just feel so extremely different.

is that positiv or negativ, or more a thing of "taste" ? ^^
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!
It's a taste thing. I don't like playing Occ, but others seem to prefer it. Interested to see what people who have played this rather speedy Trickster feels about it.

This is starting to be annoying as fuck....1 bricked....1 with no change....1 with a white socket now (i guess thats worth something) xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info