[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

this build with just budget leveling gear was able to clean 8 affix twinned king of blades(T14) with lvl18 gems, but it was quite squishy due to randoms small stuns

I went for the perfect form route. With just perfect form and 350 other eva on gear i'm at 34% evasion. Atziri steps is doable. I greatly recommend trying to get an es/eva shield. also cold resist on jewels :).

I believe with a decent helm, shield, and atziri steps you can get natively 50%+ evasion. Is it a bigdeal? Imho yes this build properly geared is already OS proof and has huge regen.

Another pretty powerfull helm enchant is grace reduced reservation. You can then throw in grace instead of blaphemy, it doesn't suffer from diminishing returns on bosses, the eva is a noticeable sustain buff in map AND you save curse slot for wichfire brew + a gem slot for a vaal gem (basically vlt or vaal grace imho for high tier bosses or just another layer of can't touch this). I'll try to get that or ED dmg. But for general mapping and with current league mechanic i think that grace reduced mana reserved is maybe the best bang for your buck.
Last edited by galuf on Dec 21, 2017, 6:50:45 PM
Heya!

I just started playing poe and trying this build out but I die quite a lot and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Your profile is private, post again once you change it to public in the account settings.
oh my bad, it shouldn't be now
Kaom's Roots if you wanna cruuuze--ya hear??

Kaom's roots is heavily underestimated if you wanna be safe. Can not be stunned, can not be freezed nor chilled or knocked back. Wut?? All mods are suddenly safe mods.

Im not a fan of blight. Blight makes me stationary, i want to mobile, but then will ED ever be enough DPS to leave Blight out?

For Allelopathy users:
a likle tip from Cyberbob, you can run a Storm Barrier support gem in this setup.
It will cost some DPS of course but on the other hand you will gain some defensive utility and power charges!!
Storm barrier will give you
12% less lightning damage
13% less physical
+++
It will sustain your powercharges during boss encounters = more damage over time.

If you run Arctic armour upon this you will then be lookings at this:

26% less damage taken (while channeling)
12% less fire damage
free power charges. BOOM!

If you manage your evasion, block, spell block and If you've got a big mana pool available to be punched at i'd say you will be pretty tanky stationary and mobile user.

Our Power Charges are largely insignificant, as they just provide us with a tiny bit of increased damage each, so sustaining them for bosses is not that important.

Secondly, Kaom's Roots is pretty much the worst item you can use for a build like this. Unwavering Stance also means that you cannot evade attacks, which removes the entire point of stacking evasion. I'd rather get stunned a few times than being dead.

If you want a build without Blight, you can check out Ghazzy's guide. He suggests +3 chaos staff and similar setups to somewhat bypass the need of Blight.

@Scraobit, your gear needs a lot of work, which is probably expected. Once you get higher values of life and mana while maintaining resists, things should get better. I am making a list per item slot of suggested improvements or things that needs to be fixed:

- Body armour is not linked. You effectively have a 3L ED, which is probably making your map clearing feel pretty damn bad.

- Helmet is a 3L. Once you are able to 4L it, get a Stone Golem as the last gem for better life regen.

- Gloves should be 2 Green, 2 Blue. Once you have enough chromatics, you should swap out Faster Casting for Swift Affliction.

- Boots - Swift Affliction here does very little. You would be better off with a Faster Casting instead. Getting these boots to 4 blue should be very easy.

- Flasks - Try to swap in a Jade Flask and a Stibnite Flask and practice using them as you engage enemies. This will most likely make you feel much tankier.

- You have no Wither totem setup. A Wither totem can nearly double your damage!

- You might want a Flame Dash to use to get up and down cliffs/rocks where Shield Charge gets stuck.

"
invectus wrote:
Kaom's Roots if you wanna cruuuze--ya hear??

Kaom's roots is heavily underestimated if you wanna be safe. Can not be stunned, can not be freezed nor chilled or knocked back. Wut?? All mods are suddenly safe mods.

Im not a fan of blight. Blight makes me stationary, i want to mobile, but then will ED ever be enough DPS to leave Blight out?

For Allelopathy users:
a likle tip from Cyberbob, you can run a Storm Barrier support gem in this setup.
It will cost some DPS of course but on the other hand you will gain some defensive utility and power charges!!
Storm barrier will give you
13% less physical
+++
It will sustain your powercharges during boss encounters = more damage over time.

If you run Arctic armour upon this you will then be lookings at this:

26% less damage taken (while channeling)
12% less fire damage
free power charges. BOOM!

If you manage your evasion, block, spell block and If you've got a big mana pool available to be punched at i'd say you will be pretty tanky stationary and mobile user.

good advice about storm barrier. i also think about kaoms bot i cant fit it in my current gear.

i need to be more tankie because my bad playstyle but i'm also dmg addicted :D

also elder or shaper boots would be nice with dodge or spell dodge.
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!
I just started playing 2 days ago so thanks a lot for your help man!!
Thanks for the amazing replies earlier! It cleared up a lot!
Decided to go for this build and went really hard at it over the past few days.
Impresence + Breath + Perfect Form make this build an absolute beast! Though I'm unsure what I should be upgrading my gear with now (apart from getting all my gems to 20, theyre almost there!), if someone could take a look? Don't have any issues with t14 maps but I still dont feel like i'd be ready for shaper/uber atziri yet (or am I overestimating them?)
"
Thanks for the amazing replies earlier! It cleared up a lot!
Decided to go for this build and went really hard at it over the past few days.
Impresence + Breath + Perfect Form make this build an absolute beast! Though I'm unsure what I should be upgrading my gear with now (apart from getting all my gems to 20, theyre almost there!), if someone could take a look? Don't have any issues with t14 maps but I still dont feel like i'd be ready for shaper/uber atziri yet (or am I overestimating them?)

oops, accidently went on wrong account, my character's on this one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info