GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
rotting_fox wrote:
"

There are other chests out there (QoTF, restless ward, shavronne) but Cherubim really sucks

Not sure I completely agree with this. The deepest delver that use ED this league is using cherrubims. He's probably abusing the leech affix (maybe?) and he does have an ok corruption so there is some usefulness for this armor.

leech doesnt work for dots
"
"
rotting_fox wrote:
"

There are other chests out there (QoTF, restless ward, shavronne) but Cherubim really sucks

Not sure I completely agree with this. The deepest delver that use ED this league is using cherrubims. He's probably abusing the leech affix (maybe?) and he does have an ok corruption so there is some usefulness for this armor.

also rank 1 ED is a fucking jugg with brass dome. should we all reroll jugg with brass domes?
rank 2 is using fenumus chest
only rank 3 then a cherubim user appears with 40% damage corruption on his chest

also all of them have headhunters so why do we even care

only at rank 5 finally someone without headhunter appears using hyrri’s ire
Last edited by primordialiege on Jul 31, 2019, 2:19:06 PM
"
"
I didn't ask because I'm acting like I know better but the other suggests chest pieces are fairly similar as far as I can tell.

I guess it doesn't have resists? Is spell block really good or something for Hyrri's Ire?

80% increased damage is nothing when you have so much on tree and gear

competing against

Perfect Form
30% spell dodge: where else can you get it?
Free Arctic Armor : where else can you get this?

Hyrri’s Ire
Fuckton of evasion flat
10% attack and spell dodge : basically the dodge flask permanently up

Makes sense I guess 80% feels like a lot but the way the math works out it really isn't. I'll start saving for a 6 perfect form or something then.
"
"
rotting_fox wrote:
"

Never said it did.

ED does hit, but the initial hit is a fraction of the DOT damage. I do 300k DOT and only hit for something like 5k. He may also be using a cwdt setup with spells to leech or something else entirely. Or maybe he just likes the 126% increased damage (not as good as 126% more damage, but not bad)

Ghazzy does agree this armor is good earlier in the thread. In terms of defense it looks shit, but I haven't been able to do 1k delves with this build yet so take that with a grain of salt.

I'm still using 4L cloak of defiance, but it's worked out well for all the guardians, abyssal cities, lvl80+ temples, and anything else I can throw at it. I'll probably try shaper next and then consider going to a perfect form.
Last edited by rotting_fox on Jul 31, 2019, 7:05:29 PM
I just noticed that bane appears to apply multiple curses inconsistently. i link despair and temp chains for funzeys and noticed that temp chains only sometimes get's casted as well. I can cast it multiple time son the same mobs and usually it'll stick but sometimes the mob will die without ever getting the second curse. Have anyone else noticed this?

"
I just noticed that bane appears to apply multiple curses inconsistently. i link despair and temp chains for funzeys and noticed that temp chains only sometimes get's casted as well. I can cast it multiple time son the same mobs and usually it'll stick but sometimes the mob will die without ever getting the second curse. Have anyone else noticed this?

How many curses can your character apply? Default is one, so if you don't have any extra (from passive tree or equipment) Bane works as intended.
"
Wermine wrote:

* Leo slam some jewels
* Try to find Brutal Restraint which gives you "onslaught for 8 sec on kill". Place it on Eagle Creed jewel's slot.

1) what is "leo slam" jewels, please?

2) you don't benefit from onslaught - you dont need attack speed or cast speed since your main source of damage comes from damage over time, and the move speed boost is marginal

apart from that there was some very sound advice
Last edited by loomysh on Aug 1, 2019, 12:41:43 PM
"
loomysh wrote:
"
Wermine wrote:

* Leo slam some jewels
* Try to find Brutal Restraint which gives you "onslaught for 8 sec on kill". Place it on Eagle Creed jewel's slot.

2) you don't benefit from onslaught - you dont need attack speed or cast speed since your main source of damage comes from damage over time, and the move speed boost is marginal

apart from that there was some very sound advice

onslaught is definitely noticeable
20% ms + 20% cast speed makes you map around considerably faster
"
loomysh wrote:

1) Betrayal content has an old master, Leo. If he's rank 3 in Research, he has a bench that lets you "slam" item with an exalt. If he's the leader, you get two benches. Requires some setup, but if you really need exalt slam, it's worth... an exalt which is quite good.

2) I really like Onslaught. As Primordialiege explained, it's good. Think about your current boots. Does it have +30% ms? What would you pay for similar boots but with +50% ms?

The jewel also gives other bonuses. To me, it gives +40 dex (important for my Phase Run, might be important for ppl who use other bows) and additional 5% cast speed. Also gives 4% inc life, but that's useless to me since I'm low life with Shav's.
Last edited by Wermine on Aug 1, 2019, 2:41:09 PM
"
Wermine wrote:
"

How many curses can your character apply? Default is one, so if you don't have any extra (from passive tree or equipment) Bane works as intended.

I picked up the extra curse on the tree. I think I figured out what is happening. Sometimes the icons for the curses overlap and spin at the same speed and despair is always on top for whatever reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info