GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Is this build able to uber elder decently? I assume it wont be as good as some of the top single target DPS builds but should it still be fine?
Is this build able to uber elder decently? I assume it wont be as good as some of the top single target DPS builds but should it still be fine?
any else having issues staying alive? I'm almost at 2mil DPS but I still die in like Tier 8 maps and can't even do Uber lab. Very frustrating. I think my gear is very good. Maybe its the way I'm playing it myself. Any advice appreciated.
"
SubtleArt wrote:

Yes, I've found the Uber Elder fight to be pretty easy with all the dodge and evasion this build can have. A big advantage is that DoT means you only need to stop to cast occasionally. That means you can spend most of your time entirely focussed on avoiding damage.
"
mdd1986 wrote:
any else having issues staying alive? I'm almost at 2mil DPS but I still die in like Tier 8 maps and can't even do Uber lab. Very frustrating. I think my gear is very good. Maybe its the way I'm playing it myself. Any advice appreciated.

I'm sure I'm not seeing the whole picture, but it looks to me like your build is way too damage-oriented. You don't need anywhere near 2m DPS to efficiently kill anything I've encountered in this game. Despite having much less DPS than you, I barely have any problems with survivability or killing anything; I would even call this build somewhat tanky.

You have basically no evasion and literally no dodge. If you drop Swift Killer for Escape Artist, drop everything west of Corruption for MoM, Constitution, Melding, and Sentinel, get a Perfect Form, get some boots with spell dodge, get a Devouring Diadem socketed with two defensive auras, and focus your flasks and gear more around + maximum life--basically, follow Ghazzy's guide--it will change your world. Yes, you'll lose some damage, but all the DPS in the world is worthless if you're dead before you can apply it.

As utilized by this build, the Trickster is a defense-oriented ascendancy. Take advantage of it.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Jul 29, 2019, 8:50:57 PM
I see I think my build is completely different than the build in this thread so I apologize. I just copied what the top builds where on POE ninja. Ill try to work on getting my evasion up. What do you recommend for boots? Also my build is basically all on on ES at this point.
"
mdd1986 wrote:

My gear

I have the same build route: Low life Shav's. I Comfortably farm T16 maps and kill Uber Elder deathless. No Kaom's Roots, no flask swaps. I still have old build's flask setup and I think I'd gain more from Granite Flask (either magical or unique).

DPS in hideout is 750k and 1.1m while mapping. And then there's still Vaal Blight and Vaal Righteous Fire for bosses. Haven't checked POB DPS. ES is 9.4k

Playstyle is a bit different than your regular life leech/fortify -guy, who just goes inside the pack and tries to hit everything in vicinity to get leech and fortify going. There's no reason to just rush inside everything, you should be aiming your Contagion on packs on the edge of your screen and then cast ED. Especially important in Incursion Temples, where you can get hit 20 times by poison spitters in ½ a second if you run directly towards them.
Last edited by Wermine on Jul 30, 2019, 7:59:39 AM
Hey guys, I'm still leveling while following this build, but I have a question: is Devouring Diadem BiS helmet for this build, or a crafted helmet with life/ES/resists is the better option? Can someone who played with Devouring Diadem tell me the difference in gems and passive tree allocations?
https://pastebin.com/c3FiYvJx

Been farming for a while; just shy of 1m dps now. Just picked up a DOT impresence.

Was planning to sink farmed currency into cyclone but kinda bored of that so looking to push the realms of dps with this instead.

What's the best upgrade I could go for now? Off the top of my head I can think of:

- malevolence WE
- fingerless silk gloves w/nacdot
- elder ring with nacdot (?)
- better jewels

Anything I'm missing? Advice/criticisms greatly appreciated. Also, I have a timeless jewel in the slot by perfect agony, but it doesn't show in POB.

Hey everone, got a lil qurstion?

I got this build im palying and its great, but im playing on a VERY old laptop and doing monoliths with it is great, but still hard to do full clear.

So since i have that super op build playing i would want to invest some ex in ed/cont just, and olny for glacier.

My question is

I plan on using Atziri's reflect, Coward's Legacy belt, low life etc... Would i be able to clear Glacier monoliths with Perfect form (used that armor last league with ED/Bane and loved it) or is Carcass better choice?

Ty
Last edited by Abraxas1991 on Jul 30, 2019, 1:34:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info