GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

How the hell you guys get your damage to skies? My tooltip says 29k / 237k for ED. I know that I can get a slightly better bow and quality gem, but does it make a such a huge difference??

My character is Myrskyvarjo
"
tanaceleb wrote:
How the hell you guys get your damage to skies? My tooltip says 29k / 237k for ED. I know that I can get a slightly better bow and quality gem, but does it make a such a huge difference??

My character is Myrskyvarjo

Your bow lacks the +2 support gems, thats 2 levels to ED, a fuckton of damage
Okay, same question as the guy above me.

How on earth do you guys get 100k+ damage?
I'm currently at 32k ED damage and no idea how to get it higher.

My gear:

Spoiler

All help is welcome!
"
vrekstok wrote:

My gear:

Spoiler

All help is welcome!

I am definitely no expert, but I can say that getting all those (non-Empower) gems in your bow to level 20 will make a substantial difference. Then corrupting them and hopefully getting some to level 21 (ED, most importantly) will also boost DPS multiplicatively.

Also, they are using PoB to calculate the true DPS. In-game tooltip stats are useful, but not representative of true DPS.
"
"
vrekstok wrote:

My gear:

Spoiler

All help is welcome!

I am definitely no expert, but I can say that getting all those (non-Empower) gems in your bow to level 20 will make a substantial difference. Then corrupting them and hopefully getting some to level 21 (ED, most importantly) will also boost DPS multiplicatively.

Also, they are using PoB to calculate the true DPS. In-game tooltip stats are useful, but not representative of true DPS.

Ahh yes! I imported my build into PoB and I'm seeing 350k DoT. That's better. Thanks for clearing this up for me.
How big of a difference if the MoM calc has me needing at least 97 more ES/mana ?
Last edited by Deon11x on Jul 27, 2019, 7:25:32 AM
"
Deon11x wrote:
How big of a difference if the MoM calc has me needing at least 97 more ES/mana ?

I've always used 43% as the benchmark for proper balance with MoM, which I've used the last few leagues for my Arc Elementalists. It doesn't seem as critical with this build, though, because all the evasion and spell dodge make it so much tankier than what I'm used to. I would say you're probably fine.

If you're dying or running out of mana a lot, though, then obviously I'm wrong!
Just wanted to say that I really like this build, yesterday I managed to beat Shaper deathless. My friend is also playing ED, so far I got 25 challenges done and I'm not so sure if I'm going for 36 but for now I just wanna beat Uber Elder on my own.

Been trying to learn the mechanics of the fight... we'll see how it goes when I spawn him again. Right now I have 5.5k life and 2.3k ES which should be plenty.

This is just a video of me and fren killing T13 Elder.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC490BzIPy1YFl9zB9Mvjg
https://pastebin.com/ipf2GSzh

I currently am reaching the 1M DoT DPS, and I'm stuck not knowing what I need to improve. Can anybody check my gears please. Thank you!
I keep seeing a common theme in this thread and although I, and others, mentioned it earlier perhaps it would be useful to reiterate;
On the topic of Bow vs Wands, and how to achieve high damage:
The absolute BiS for this build is a +3 bow running level 21 ED and level 4 Empower. There is no better damage upgrade you can make to this build than those 3 items.

Wands are for leveling, as it will be more or less impossible to find a bow with useful stats prior to being able to afford multi mod. After that, especially you endgame folks who think wands look better, you're kidding yourself.

More info about maximizing weapon potential:
Spoiler
This is what I am convinced is the best possible setup for the build:

The only way to run the 6% MS base efficiently is with a Brutal Restraint jewell:

You socket this to the left of Void Barrier which gives you enough dex to run the bow as well as perma Onslaught, and Frenzy charges which are worth investing in for even higher dps potential. Otherwise they are just a nice bonus to extend the uptime for Phase Run. The onslaught on kill is a higher percentage than you can get on Abyss Jewels, and frees a slot on your Stygian for even higher dps potential.

Crafting a base has been outlined multiple times above and the affixes are pretty widely agreed on.
The base however is not widely agreed on.

I've seen people comment that they prefer the attack speed of the shortbow. While that's nice, you are casting spells not using attack skills.
Elemental damage with attack skills: same thing.
Crit isn't important for this build; it's not a crit build. And the common choice for Quiver is Soul Strike, which gives you crit anyways.
Leaving you with the MS implicit which, is already great for this build and this league; the more MS the better.

But really this is more to the praise of the Brutal Restraint jewell as without one, you lose 22% MS overall or have to do some inefficient pathing to provide enough dex to gain only 2% MS:
You could run a 4% MS base instead without investing in dex. But given the overall power of the Brutal Restraint jewel, I would say you're crazy to multimod a 4% bow; rather than invest some chaos into the jewel, and max out your potential.

TLDR:
6% MS bow is the best base for our build. Requires Brutal Restraint with Onslaught on Void Barrier, to be used efficiently.
Last edited by Notorphious on Jul 28, 2019, 5:14:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info