GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
tanaceleb wrote:
How the hell you guys get your damage to skies? My tooltip says 29k / 237k for ED. I know that I can get a slightly better bow and quality gem, but does it make a such a huge difference??

My character is Myrskyvarjo

Your bow is... interesting. I think you wasted a lot of currency on it, since you need to recraft it. It has "86% increased chaos damage", which is local, not global. Which means you'd have to use a skill which uses bow's damage (and bow's chaos damage to be more exact) to get anything out of it. So that stat does nothing if using Essence Drain. You should've crafted global chaos damage on it (13-16% increased chaos damage).

So you need a bow with: +1 gems, multiple crafted mods, +2 support gems, nacdot (non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier), cast speed + arcane surge, (global) chaos dam

Flasks are subpar. You need to be able to remove: freezing, bleeding and curses with flasks. And preferably for a long time, so life flask is not an option for those. Also get quality to 20%, it's cheap.

+4 empower is a big boost over +3 one.

You have Eldritch Knowledge jewel, but you haven't taken Deep Knowledge passive. When you have the currency, buy Watcher's Eye with nacdot.

You can buy a Stygian Vise Vise with "increased chaos damage" and get a jewel with damage mods (and onslaught on kill perhaps).

Buy Mark of the Shaper and get random elder ring on other slot for 80% increased spell damage.
"
Wermine wrote:
"
tanaceleb wrote:
How the hell you guys get your damage to skies? My tooltip says 29k / 237k for ED. I know that I can get a slightly better bow and quality gem, but does it make a such a huge difference??

Your bow is... interesting. I think you wasted a lot of currency on it, since you need to recraft it. It has "86% increased chaos damage", which is local, not global. Which means you'd have to use a skill which uses bow's damage (and bow's chaos damage to be more exact) to get anything out of it. So that stat does nothing if using Essence Drain. You should've crafted global chaos damage on it (13-16% increased chaos damage).

So you need a bow with: +1 gems, multiple crafted mods, +2 support gems, nacdot (non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier), cast speed + arcane surge, (global) chaos dam

Flasks are subpar. You need to be able to remove: freezing, bleeding and curses with flasks. And preferably for a long time, so life flask is not an option for those. Also get quality to 20%, it's cheap.
Wait why do you think the "86% increased chaos damage" is local? My PoB agrees with my understanding of mod language; that stat works just fine with essence drain.

I mean it's a pretty big dps drop from "+2 support gems", but it's not a wasted mod, just sub-optimal.

Also a life flask that removes bleed immunity is the basic setup (almost) every build runs. You don't need duration on bleed immunity. Same with freeze. Curse immunity is the only one that is helped by flask duration. In general flask duration is about lengthening the up-time for the flask's main effect (movement speed, evasion, damage, onslaught, etc.) So it's important to have, just not for bleed or freeze removal, which should be applied after you have those debuffs.

For Myrskyvarjo/tanaceleb my biggest question is why are you taking the Perfect Agony keystone?
"
"
Wermine wrote:
"
tanaceleb wrote:

Wait why do you think the "86% increased chaos damage" is local? My PoB agrees with my understanding of mod language; that stat works just fine with essence drain.

I mean it's a pretty big dps drop from "+2 support gems", but it's not a wasted mod, just sub-optimal.

Also a life flask that removes bleed immunity is the basic setup (almost) every build runs. You don't need duration on bleed immunity. Same with freeze. Curse immunity is the only one that is helped by flask duration. In general flask duration is about lengthening the up-time for the flask's main effect (movement speed, evasion, damage, onslaught, etc.) So it's important to have, just not for bleed or freeze removal, which should be applied after you have those debuffs.

For Myrskyvarjo/tanaceleb my biggest question is why are you taking the Perfect Agony keystone?

Thnaks for the answers guys. I bought the bow and I know that I need +2 socketed support gems and lvl 4 empower. They will cost me about 10 ex atm. and I'm not even near that amount. I've been very unlucky with currency drops in this league, but i will farm more :)

@kevinbrighblade -> I have a a Brutal Restraint there, which changes it to a Wind Dancer. Somehow it doesn't show in pob or here?!

edit: I used a wand and shield before I bought that bow. Bow raised my dps a quite a lot infact.
Last edited by tanaceleb on Jul 29, 2019, 12:17:15 AM
I'm having trouble with this build, takes too long to kill rare mobs / bosses, i summon the totems but the mobs destroy it really fast...
"

Ah, my bad. Everyone is using the lesser "13-16% chaos damage", so I figured the bigger one is not working. But the thing is that bigger one is prefix and lesser one is suffix and properly crafted bow doesn't have a room for chaos damage prefix (it needs three prefixes: +1 gems, +2 support like you said, nacdot)

"

Yeah, quality is mainly for curse immunity, but immunity to chilling is nice to have long duration too especially on chilling ground maps.

"

He has Brutal Restraint jewel nearby, so it's actually transformed to Wind Dancer (damage/evasion thingy).
"
Notorphious wrote:
I keep seeing a common theme in this thread and although I, and others, mentioned it earlier perhaps it would be useful to reiterate;
On the topic of Bow vs Wands, and how to achieve high damage:
The absolute BiS for this build is a +3 bow running level 21 ED and level 4 Empower. There is no better damage upgrade you can make to this build than those 3 items.

im a n00b and not really into all the crafting yet also stats aren mything ( i likte to play outlined builds and buy what i need)

BUT it you talk best in slot i read somwhere that lvl of ED is the go to thing. and you mention the +1 / +2 support bow which can get you up to lvl 28 when im not mistaken.

wouldnt be a bow which can get your ED to lvl 30 be much better ?

(sorry for my bad english)
"
DS_DV wrote:
"
Notorphious wrote:
I keep seeing a common theme in this thread and although I, and others, mentioned it earlier perhaps it would be useful to reiterate;
On the topic of Bow vs Wands, and how to achieve high damage:
The absolute BiS for this build is a +3 bow running level 21 ED and level 4 Empower. There is no better damage upgrade you can make to this build than those 3 items.

im a n00b and not really into all the crafting yet also stats aren mything ( i likte to play outlined builds and buy what i need)

BUT it you talk best in slot i read somwhere that lvl of ED is the go to thing. and you mention the +1 / +2 support bow which can get you up to lvl 28 when im not mistaken.

wouldnt be a bow which can get your ED to lvl 30 be much better ?

(sorry for my bad english)

Well, yes, but I don't know how on Earth you would be able to get ED to level 30 with any bow.

As for the crafting bit, you can certainly buy a bow that someone else has already crafted: http://poe.trade/search/urikimahoyahih
"

Well, yes, but I don't know how on Earth you would be able to get ED to level 30 with any bow.

As for the crafting bit, you can certainly buy a bow that someone else has already crafted: http://poe.trade/search/urikimahoyahih

as everything its just a matter of currency.

i know of some methods to get it to at least lvl 30 if its alrdy 21.
a few days ago someone even released a video about one of the fossil combinations to do that.

its just that you loos all other mods beside non ailment chaos damage :/

its a little more gamble than getting a safe +1 base and multimod if im not wrong each try is about 10ex but with a very good profit rate since most of the lvl 30+ bows go for around 100ex atm and as i checked a few minutes ago there where just 5 online at the market :)
Last edited by DS_DV on Jul 29, 2019, 10:10:37 AM
"
Fluffymonkey7 wrote:
No RNG method of crafting +1 base for the bow. Cost Around 1.6ex(current rate of exchange).
1. Buy 6 The Porcupine, 5c each.
2. Chrome it, shouldn't take more than 60 chrome(12c in value) to get the right color.
3. Transmute and alt the bow until you get only 1 affix magic bow.
4. Regal and annul it twice to remove all affix(34c).
5. Craft "Cannot roll Attack Modifiers" suffix on your bow(1ex).
6. Now use the beastcraft "Add a Prefix, Remove a Random Suffix". Buy the recipe Farric Wolf Alpha if you don't have it, 25c.
There's only 1 possible outcome if you block attack modifiers.
Spoiler

Spamming alt is cheaper though if you manage to hit it in less than 40 alt and annul it successfully on your first try.

Can confirm it works :)
1 ex; 2 anull; 1 transmute and out comes +1 level socketed gems :D

also the The Plaguemaw V makes the recepie cost buy itsself
"
DS_DV wrote:
"

as everything its just a matter of currency.

i know of some methods to get it to at least lvl 30 if its alrdy 21.
a few days ago someone even released a video about one of the fossil combinations to do that.

its just that you loos all other mods beside non ailment chaos damage :/

its a little more gamble than getting a safe +1 base and multimod if im not wrong each try is about 10ex but with a very good profit rate since most of the lvl 30+ bows go for around 100ex atm and as i checked a few minutes ago there where just 5 online at the market :)

Wow, okay, I admit I wasn't familiar with fossil-crafting. That looks insanely expensive and complicated. Maybe I'll try it if I can manage to sell my double Anger Watcher's Eye, but otherwise I am content knowing that this build is already ridiculously strong.

Edit: so basically you follow all the steps above to get a rare bow with just +1 to socketed gems, craft prefixes cannot be changed, and slam it with a faceted fossil (or do you need 2 fossils in the same resonator?), hoping for +1 to strength gems, +1 to intelligence gems, and open suffix? Is that accurate, and/or is there a better way?
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Jul 29, 2019, 5:55:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info