GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Why all use bow?
"
felps1337 wrote:
Why all use bow?

It's mentioned a few times in the thread, but the main value out of using the bow is the fact that you can get +3 gems. +1 for your main skill, +3 for the supports, and even an +5 with a level 4 empower. With the other mods you can mastercraft on it, there isn't really anything out there that can beat it. It also makes it easier to cheaply gear the rest of your character, as you only need 4L setups for Bane/Contagion, leaving you a bunch of free slots to mess with various offensive/defensive setups.
"
PrimeSocK wrote:
"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
PrimeSocK wrote:
I was crafting a bow and got a 6L trying to get a 3+3 (I have a 6L chest too).
Is there a way to use both?

Why didn't you buy a bow base that was already 6L and then craft onto that? And do you realize that the bow you want to be making has the +# to socketed gem crafts, which means you NEED to put your essence drain 6L into the bow? You do not want a bow that has 2 3-links.

It's my first craft so I want to do it all, I had already a base and I don't mind to spend fusing on it.
The point is now I have 2 6L and I'm going to put essence drain on bow but, can I use the 6L chest for something?

All good man, we all start somewhere. Just know you got really lucky and could have easily wasted a ton of currency needlessly linking a base that can be acquired easily for 20-30c.

For the 6th chest, you sure can. You could do a 6L Vaal Blight with totems and Contagion in another slot, or a variety of other things. Personally I use Soulrend/Bane, and use a 6L chest to dual-curse with bane. I also swap out swift affliction from the chest with GMP from the bow when bossing, so it's convenient to have right there in my gear.
"
RiskyBiz13 wrote:
I'm pretty lost w/ this game and not sure where to go / what to upgrade. My resistances are barely capped, but they're capped. I have around 180 chaos so I can probably buy some decent upgrades but idk what to get. Can anyone help me out?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RiskyBiz13/characters?characterName=TenPhour

Quoting my previous post.
Spoiler
"
Fluffymonkey7 wrote:
"
"
wassuphomiez wrote:
Hi all,
Spoiler
I am really liking the ED/Contagion playstyle. Currently at level 84 but my damage has seem to have fallen off greatly. I am still struggling with getting gear + my resistances. Got 1ex30c right now.

My ED DoT damage is about 72k. I think I should be up around 100-150 right now I'm guessing?

Could anyone look at my character (Jakky) to see where I've completely dropped the ball? Trying to learn...

Thanks and have a great rest of the weekend!

"
Iblowyoudry wrote:
Spoiler
Can someone suggest me how to increase my DPS with a reasonable budget?
I'm struggling with red maps right now :/

200 chaos budget exalt minting ED/Contagion Trickster.

Gearing.
Spoiler
Wand: 50c
Spoiler
30% spell damage implicit.
30% increased non-ailment chaos damage over time.
1 open prefix, use crafting bench to craft 50%-60% increased spell damage later.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/JMQqbbhl

Shield: 2c
Spoiler

Armor: 50c-55c
Spoiler
Queen of the Forest(maximum speed) or Carcass Jack(increased aoe)

Buy cheapest QotF for 5c or cheapest carcass for 20c.
Then buy "The Jeweller's Touch Prophecy" for 25c.

Use the prophecy to 5 link it and Chrome it after.
Carcass Jack only need less than 5 chrome to get the desired color.
For QotF you might need to spend 20c worth of chrome, so the cost between both armors are more or less the same.

Amulet: 30c
Spoiler

Open prefix, craft increased aoe on crafting bench.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/0w20OYUg

Alternatively you can get one without open prefix for 5c.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/8kRKlGcV

2x rings: 15c each

Belt: 2c

Helmet: 20c
Spoiler

Gloves: 2c
Spoiler

Allelopathy for 5 linked Blight setup.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/2KKoIk

Boots: 5c

Buy 20/20 corrupted essence drain for 2c.
Level up 6 ed gems in your offhand.
Get spreading rot jewel for 1c if you havent.

After you're done gearing, farm one of these white maps as quickly as possible. Use orb of alchemy on them. Buy them in bulk for 1c each if you have some currency to spare.
Spoiler

T1 Sulphur Vents
T2 Alleyways, Glacier
T3 Ashen Wood
T4 Beach, City Square, Strand
T5 Jungle Valley

You should be making minimum 8 exalts 900 chaos per 100 maps this league even without magic find. Aim for sub 3min per map.

You can get your +1 multimod bow(7.5ex), 21/20 essence drain gem(1.5ex) and level 3 corrupted empower(15c) in one day if you spend the entire sunday chaining maps.

Use neversink uberstrict filter btw. Stop picking useless crap.
"

Hi, I'm kinda stuck right now. I'm aiming to get a good stygian belt with +%chaos damage and +%cold resistance to maximize my perfect form's evasion bonus, which should cost upwards of 100chaos.

But right now, with flasks up, POB says I have approximately 550k DOT with essence drain only, which I feel like isn't that much as I don't even one-shot monolith legions. As for guardians, phoenix wasn't too much trouble as I could safely evade most of his attacks but minotaur just completely crushed me, sometimes by one-shotting me with his burrow attack...
I have 5.3k hp, 920 ES and 11k evasion unbuffed, with Arctic Armour, Flesh and Stone and Malevolence.

I also have 7 skill points to assign but I don't really know where to use them. Speaking of which, should I also unpick Acrobatics and the 3 Acrobatics improvement now that I have perfect form?

By the way, what's the skill combo to use? Bane/Despair + Essence drain and then spam blight? Or straight up spam Bane/Despair and spam Essence drain?
Because with Flesh and Stone + Malevolence, I only have 240 mana to play with so I run out of mana extremely quickly if I spam ED...

I have approximately 7ex to play with for gear improvements.

I'd gladly appreciate any feedback :)
Last edited by bipsylalapo on Jul 3, 2019, 3:36:47 AM
"
bipsylalapo wrote:
"

Hi, I'm kinda stuck right now. I'm aiming to get a good stygian belt with +%chaos damage and +%cold resistance to maximize my perfect form's evasion bonus, which should cost upwards of 100chaos.

But right now, with flasks up, POB says I have approximately 550k DOT with essence drain only, which I feel like isn't that much as I don't even one-shot monolith legions. As for guardians, phoenix wasn't too much trouble as I could safely evade most of his attacks but minotaur just completely crushed me, sometimes by one-shotting me with his burrow attack...
I have 5.3k hp, 920 ES and 11k evasion unbuffed, with Arctic Armour, Flesh and Stone and Malevolence.

I also have 7 skill points to assign but I don't really know where to use them. Speaking of which, should I also unpick Acrobatics and the 3 Acrobatics improvement now that I have perfect form?

By the way, what's the skill combo to use? Bane/Despair + Essence drain and then spam blight? Or straight up spam Bane/Despair and spam Essence drain?
Because with Flesh and Stone + Malevolence, I only have 240 mana to play with so I run out of mana extremely quickly if I spam ED...

get 21/20 ED, get a level 4 empower, your damage will jump.
I go ED/ contagion, no bane.
No need to spam ED, it does damage over time, not so much on hit. I use blight totems with the threshold jewel for extra damage when necessary.

Get better flasks, see gazzy's guide or his PoB for details.
I specced out of acrobatics. prioritize life (get more than 5k at least), maybe ES+ mana, jewel slots that only require 2 travel nodes, then other jewl slots and damage. maybe go for second curse.
you are getting very little from your quiver. I would aim for more life and resistances, or some utility from shaper/ elder bases like pierce, extra proj, frenzy charge generation, etc. poedb is your friend. Soulstrike unique quiver is an option.

I've been enjoying this build! Using the above stuff. Loving Soulrend with GMP and Spell Echo! One press and 10 homing missiles pierce all targets. Since Soulrend is so mana hungry, it's essential to use the MoM+EB setup, but with all the defensive layers on the build, I'm able to do T15 maps without deaths. Just got my first T16 drop, so will be pushing forward to that soon, but currently still waiting for my 20% gems to grow up. :)
Arcanor
"
bipsylalapo wrote:
"

So I looked some more at your gear- you realize that your helm has conc effect in it making your bane AoE smaller? also, that helm has no life. Your boots have 16% Ms. that is really a pain, just get anti freeze on a flask. I think you need more life on your neck, not sure damage is what you are lacking. Also, consider upgrading the coral ring, belt and gloves to get more life/ ES.

Finally, this is not a build that can tank the mino slam. You have to move around. But you do not need to be standing and shooting him to kill him- the DoT does the work, so you only need to shoot now and then. It also supplies pretty nice regen if you are hitting enough enemies- but pay attention and not get hit.

TL;DR- upgrade gems (ED, empower), get life on everything, get MS, don't get hit, just kite every now and then.
Last edited by Hzbbaum on Jul 3, 2019, 8:50:25 AM
"
WizzyZappo wrote:

I've been enjoying this build! Using the above stuff. Loving Soulrend with GMP and Spell Echo! One press and 10 homing missiles pierce all targets. Since Soulrend is so mana hungry, it's essential to use the MoM+EB setup, but with all the defensive layers on the build, I'm able to do T15 maps without deaths. Just got my first T16 drop, so will be pushing forward to that soon, but currently still waiting for my 20% gems to grow up. :)

Yeah, I couldn't beat the minotaur. Got him down to under 50% health, but I unfortunately rolled a map with no regen AND boss deals extra damage AND enfeeble AND vuln. Yeah... No.

But the fact that I got him to under 50% says I might get him with an easier map mod roll. I will try again soon!
Arcanor
"
WizzyZappo wrote:

Yeah, I couldn't beat the minotaur. Got him down to under 50% health, but I unfortunately rolled a map with no regen AND boss deals extra damage AND enfeeble AND vuln. Yeah... No.

But the fact that I got him to under 50% says I might get him with an easier map mod roll. I will try again soon!

It's worth chaos spamming or scour alching T16 guardians to avoid some bad mods, the worst one being no mana regen.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info