GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Alright, my turn to ask for help! I just got the bow, so I know I need to switch out my jewels for ones that don't have "while holding a shield".

My main goal is to 1-shot monoliths, so that the encounter starts right away. That hasn't been happening for me, and I don't know why (DPS? AoE?).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/baru_monkey/characters
(EddConn)

I currently have about 5ex to play with. More, if I trade my 6L Perfect Form for a 4L version.

What should I upgrade next?
Last edited by baru_monkey on Jun 27, 2019, 8:16:40 AM
"
baru_monkey wrote:
Alright, my turn to ask for help! I just got the bow, so I know I need to switch out my jewels for ones that don't have "while holding a shield".

My main goal is to 1-shot monoliths, so that the encounter starts right away. That hasn't been happening for me, and I don't know why (DPS? AoE?).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/baru_monkey/characters
(EddConn)

I currently have about 5ex to play with. More, if I trade my 6L Perfect Form for a 4L version.

What should I upgrade next?

I would recommend saving up 4 more exalted and buying the malevolence chaos dot Watchers Eye.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jun 27, 2019, 8:50:44 AM
@baru_monkey

I'd say get rid of Bane setup and instead get some utility like CWDT+IC+Enfeeble+Desecrate then get Witchfire Brew flask instead of HP flask. Use flasks when you start Monolith encounter and you should get most of them if not all. Also anything that gives % to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage will boost your damage.

Also why do you use Enlighten in helmet? I use Malevolence/Grace/Flesh and Stone/AA since you get +1 level. You dont need mana since you have EB/MoM. Since you have 6-link chest 6-link Blight is damage boost as well.
Last edited by Sidad on Jun 27, 2019, 12:59:01 PM

getting solid numbers with this setup, anyone know what I can improve =)? (got 11 ex)
"
apasus wrote:

getting solid numbers with this setup, anyone know what I can improve =)? (got 11 ex)

NACDOT watcher’s eye
I want to upgrade my stuff but don't know what to do and also don't know which does more ups damage over time/chaos dmg/spell dmg/non ailments?
"
Wynora wrote:
I want to upgrade my stuff but don't know what to do and also don't know which does more ups damage over time/chaos dmg/spell dmg/non ailments?

Non-Ailment is you biggest dmg source from my understanding but damage can also be boosted with Spell/Dot/Chaos etc. I would recommend 6-link Blight/Vaal Blight in chest. Get 4-link Contagion in gloves or boots. Empower lvl 4 and/or Watcher's Eye with Non-Ailment Chaos. There is also Elder Amulet with Non-Ailment Chaos etc. Also you dont need to pick EB notable in passive tree since you get it for free from The Devouring Diadem.
"
Sidad wrote:
"
Wynora wrote:

Non-Ailment is you biggest dmg source from my understanding but damage can also be boosted with Spell/Dot/Chaos etc. I would recommend 6-link Blight/Vaal Blight in chest. Get 4-link Contagion in gloves or boots. Empower lvl 4 and/or Watcher's Eye with Non-Ailment Chaos. There is also Elder Amulet with Non-Ailment Chaos etc. Also you dont need to pick EB notable in passive tree since you get it for free from The Devouring Diadem.

Oh lol EB :) Thank you sooo much for advise I'll keep getting stronger.Now I bought some good stuff like Mark of the shaper and elder combo.Will try to get 1 Watcher and an amulet with non dmg. Thanks again !
@Wynora n/p Try also to get or level up and corrupt lvl 21 Swift Affliction, Void Manipulation and Efficacy gems because you get 3% MORE (multiplicative) damage in ED 6-link setup. lvl 4 Empower Support (~4ex) is another big boost. If you look to buy Watcher's Eye make sure that beside Non-Alignment Chaos you get at lest one more aura boost you benefit from. Since you use Discipline try to get ES recharge/recovery/regenerated per sec. Happy hunting, Exile.
Last edited by Sidad on Jun 27, 2019, 9:49:06 PM
"
Psyonix wrote:
"
Huntss wrote:
Howcome so many people using ED/contagion over soulrend or bane? Are they just better?

I went back and forth for a bit, but finally settled on Bane/Soulrend. It just came down to which playstyle I enjoy more really. My DPS is insane, clearspeed is hot, can take down Uber Elder. What more could I want?

Your build looks pretty good. How well do you do in t16s and the timeless battles in terms of clear speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info