GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Worth playing soulrend over ed cont since I hit this enchant?
"
baru_monkey wrote:
Alright, my turn to ask for help! I just got the bow, so I know I need to switch out my jewels for ones that don't have "while holding a shield".

My main goal is to 1-shot monoliths, so that the encounter starts right away. That hasn't been happening for me, and I don't know why (DPS? AoE?).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/baru_monkey/characters
(EddConn)

I currently have about 5ex to play with. More, if I trade my 6L Perfect Form for a 4L version.

What should I upgrade next?

AoE problem i think. Idk i might be wrong though. I noticed a huge loss in aoe when switching from carcass jack to qotf. Qotf was only playable after i took Amplify and 2 nodes next to it for 30% increased aoe.

If my amulet had open prefix i would've crafted increased aoe on it.
What are some modifications to this build one would make in HC to improve survivability? As the build is not fully updated for 3.7, I'd like to make sure I am doing what I can to avoid dying in the endgame, so I'd greatly appreciate any advice on this, even if it's basic (using different auras, a different guard skill, different links, different passives, not going for Eldritch Battery if I'm only using ED-Contagion and thus don't need to spam, certain uniques, using wand & shield, etc.).
Last edited by Ladamar on Jun 28, 2019, 7:24:15 AM
Preparing to do Uber Elder.
Do you think my gear is sufficient?

Spoiler
"
Daemonion wrote:

Worth playing soulrend over ed cont since I hit this enchant?

I use this helmet, gives health from dead bodies and free Battery skill.
Soulrend is fine, in general mapping at least, for single target you will have to gem swap, which is irritating after a while. You can leave it and just spam with GMP.
One big downside, or at least major, maybe not that big, is when you delve.
Contagion carries on even in the dark and repeatedly hits mobs, so most of the time I just have to run forward, on occasions Cont+ED and carry on running. With Soulrend, you will need to cast it more frequent, doesn't carry from mob to mob that well, at least in my experience. Besides that, single target with ED is always on hand, I cast totem, then Bane, then ED+ED, move around and repeat, without swapping anything and bothering anything, most of the time you can even concentrate on evading everything that comes your way and the mob/boss will die within time without doing anything else additional(same thing with Soulrend, no need to adjust tree or items, except gems in order to maximize single target damage, but not necessary, just spam it in between your "evasion attempts").
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
Preparing to do Uber Elder.
Do you think my gear is sufficient?

Spoiler

Yeah, you can do it even with half that. Will be a matter of how long it will take to kill him. Once you get the mechanics you need to evade, probably you could do it with whatever items you have on(imho only white items too, for extra hardcore experience:).
Last edited by ShoveMoneyDeeper on Jun 28, 2019, 8:01:30 AM
"
Fluffymonkey7 wrote:
"
baru_monkey wrote:
Alright, my turn to ask for help! I just got the bow, so I know I need to switch out my jewels for ones that don't have "while holding a shield".

My main goal is to 1-shot monoliths, so that the encounter starts right away. That hasn't been happening for me, and I don't know why (DPS? AoE?).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/baru_monkey/characters
(EddConn)

I currently have about 5ex to play with. More, if I trade my 6L Perfect Form for a 4L version.

What should I upgrade next?

AoE problem i think. Idk i might be wrong though. I noticed a huge loss in aoe when switching from carcass jack to qotf. Qotf was only playable after i took Amplify and 2 nodes next to it for 30% increased aoe.

If my amulet had open prefix i would've crafted increased aoe on it.

Quiver or Talisman with 'Projectiles Pierce an Additional Target' helps with aoe spread.
Im going to upgrade my gear and change direction my character plays. Looking for tips / possible dangers when that await me. Advice requests bolded. Thanks in advance :)

Current gear:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DistyDevice/
Character: Wentris

What do I want: Zoom zoom, big aoe on contagion for better monolith clear (contagions cast on target death are affected by all sources of inc. AoE?), decent single target dmg and survivability. This is first league Im going to try end game stuff and survivability is my main concern as I have no idea if thats gonna be enough. My other concern is if I will be able to cap 45k evasion with this stuff.

Bow - final version, except of strengthening gems

Quiver - I love inc. AoE for wider contagion clears, especially on monoliths. Will craft some resist accordingly to what will I need. Im not sure if its worth to do anything more with it.

Devouring Diadem - Will try to get ED enchant, but if I get 15% Contagion AoE I will be happy too (its multiplicative with other sources of inc. AoE?). Will probably change Discipline to Grace.

Chest - Queen of the Forest - Bane - Despair - Temporal Chains(or is there better curse?) - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation - Swift Affliction - I hope this is optimal support gem setup for bane.
Im going to spend 5 points in tree for Whispers of Doom for another curse.

Belt - The idea of belt stays as it is, perhaps later I will craft similar one with inc. chaos dmg. and get better abyss jewels.

Rings - Will swap accordingly to required resistances. Survivability is going to be most important here, increased chaos dmg is optional.

Amulet - Ideal would be Elder with Non-Ailment Chaos dmg + other standard caster / survivability stuff?

Boots - Atziri Step, once Im in mood masochistic enough to try to color it 4xB - Contagion - Inc Aoe - Intensify - Flame Dash

Gloves - This is my biggest concern - Im definitely going to apply Wither through Blight Totems, but is Allelopathy worth it, despite other bonuses? Would other gloves be better?

Jewels:
Spreading Rot
Abyss Jewels: +Life, %increased evasion while moving(I think it'll synergize well with QotF), and at least one damaging affix. Onslaught on kill is an option too.

Flask:
Current setup, but Im still crafting my Sulphur flask of Heat, which will replace the mana flask.
Last edited by DistyDevice on Jun 28, 2019, 8:26:27 AM
"
Ladamar wrote:
What are some modifications to this build one would make in HC to improve survivability? As the build is not fully updated for 3.7, I'd like to make sure I am doing what I can to avoid dying in the endgame, so I'd greatly appreciate any advice on this, even if it's basic (using different auras, a different guard skill, different links, different passives, not going for Eldritch Battery if I'm only using ED-Contagion and thus don't need to spam, certain uniques, using wand & shield, etc.).

I would suggest The Perfect Form with as much Cold res as possible to boost that evasion to 70% - 85% (with flasks). It will also help you avoid ES/block penalty that you get with Acrobatics node.

The Devouring Diadem's skill 'Feast of Flesh' consumes up to 10 corpses. Each corpse consumed gives 400 life/ES and 200 Mana. On top of that +1 to socketed skills and 20% skill cost reduction that lets me run Malevolence/Grace/Flesh and Stone auras (100% Mana reserved). MoM helps to mitigate some damage. Or you could use crafted -9% to Chaos res ES helm for more damage/hp/ES no EB/MoM.

CWDT/IC/Enfeeble is still viable. I haven't tried Steelskin but some prefer that skill over IC.
You can also use Solstice Vigil Amulet for free Temporal Chains/Blasphemy aura but than you'll have to spec into dual curse 4-5 points if you want to use Witchfire Brew at same time.
Wither or Blight Spell Totem so you can focus on evading.
Last edited by Sidad on Jun 28, 2019, 8:56:20 AM
Hey guys. I'm a new PS4 player and I got a level 80 cyclone Slayer build and this build at level 71. For this build I need somebody with patience to help me out. I followed the guide for putting my passive points in the right place and just finish the 3rd ascendancy. The PlayStation market is very expensive compare to PC. I have spell totem, multiple totems and either in my boots. Efficacy, controlled destruction,bane and despair in my gloves. Only 4l chest with controlled,essence,swift and void. helmet immortal call, increased duration and cwdt support. shield malevolence discipline and flame dash because it's not link to anything. Wand void, blight and infused. As you can see I need major help lol. Life is 2756 Mana 928 energy and armour is low do to acrobatics and evasion is 1466. Any advice would be great!
Last edited by KingWalker39 on Jun 28, 2019, 2:57:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info