GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Huntss wrote:
Howcome so many people using ED/contagion over soulrend or bane? Are they just better?

We are all noobs in here, do u really have to rub it in our faces tho?
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Stupid question time, maybe. I notice many are using the Impresence Amulet with "Despair has 100% reduced Mana Reservation". Despair isn't an aura though? I cast it on rares/bosses to debuff them, but not sure how the mana reservation translates to that. Can anyone fill me in?
If you use the blue 'Blasphemy Support' gem with the blue 'Despair' gem the curse will be used as a aura that is always on and reserves a portion of your mana while it is active.
"
PickeringAjax wrote:
If you use the blue 'Blasphemy Support' gem with the blue 'Despair' gem the curse will be used as a aura that is always on and reserves a portion of your mana while it is active.

Wow not sure how I missed that, ty so much.
"
Huntss wrote:
Howcome so many people using ED/contagion over soulrend or bane? Are they just better?

I went back and forth for a bit, but finally settled on Bane/Soulrend. It just came down to which playstyle I enjoy more really. My DPS is insane, clearspeed is hot, can take down Uber Elder. What more could I want?
Impresence is over-rated for this build. It would be a decent vanilla option for a new player that doesn't know how to pick out a rare amulet for talisman corrupting, but the price is not noob-friendly, nor is it reflective of the items power.

An extra flask is obviously nice, but losing 2 links and then having a glorified witchfire brew on your neck is flat out lazy and stupid.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jun 27, 2019, 1:13:03 AM
this is how its done, i like this build

https://imgur.com/p5sVTUK
Set sail for epic fail
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice as to what would be the best item/s to upgrade next.
Checking the MoM calc, i haven't reached enough ES/Mana yet to take it yet.

Currency to play with: 65c + ~100 alch.
I've got a Jewellers touch recipe for whatever armour I switch to next.
I was thinking an Evasion/ES Atziri's splendour, but not sure if i should grab the ES or Life based version.

Current gear:

With Malevolence + Discipline: 4.5k life, 1.3k ES + 247/1405 mana
ED tooltip: 93.8k DoT DPS

Currently rolling through T7 maps, as i was a bit slow to reach mapping, but breezing through each map with the current setup - minus the occasional RIP to dmg spikes.

Edit, well i managed to snag this at a cheap price
Last edited by xFlameKnightx on Jun 27, 2019, 7:08:28 AM
Hey guys noob question here. Are Doedre's Malevolence better than Allelopathy Sorcerer Gloves in this build. Or reduced cast speed and mana cost's not that big of a problem?
"
Assectator27 wrote:
Hey guys noob question here. Are Doedre's Malevolence better than Allelopathy Sorcerer Gloves in this build. Or reduced cast speed and mana cost's not that big of a problem?

The cast speed and mana cost both hurt. If you want more damage from gloves, get some rare ones without those downsides.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info