GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
hp1 wrote:
I'd appreciate any insights or advice from those of you that have made this build work to T16. I'm in Tier 1 & 2 maps, but feel really squishy -- probably because of my convoluted path.

I used Balor's guide, as it was really useful for leveling. He's since moved on, so I think some of those build choices might not be good for pushing further. So I'm going to respec to ghazzy's. First up is to run the merc lab to get the 3rd ascendancy and drop swift killer.

I really like the blight totems rather than self casting. So right now, I use contagion, send ED, put up a totem if there are rares, and still have bane for cleaning up smaller packs. Seems to work OK. I don't see screens of mobs exploding , but mobs do die.

I have about 80c left, so looking for any advice or suggestions on where to invest. I picked up Atrizi's boots, but will have to figure out resistenences when I change my current boots. RIght now I'm overcapped on fire, so have some room to play with.

I also have no idea on how to manage mana with malevolence and discipline active. If I turn on both aura's I have hardly any mana at all. Seems like I'm missing something.

Anyways, really appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

I’m on mobile, suggest you read what FluffyMonkey7 wrote on page 345. Really good info for newer players.
I am wondering if people have any issue surviving T15-16 legion. Sometimes a single arrow will take me to really low hp (i have about 8.3k eHP) or flat out one shot me (using Vaal Discipline and Blood and Sand at the moment defensively). Hopefully this is something I can fix through sockets, as I know I am not using all of them?
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
hp1 wrote:
I'd appreciate any insights or advice from those of you that have made this build work to T16. I'm in Tier 1 & 2 maps, but feel really squishy -- probably because of my convoluted path.

I used Balor's guide, as it was really useful for leveling. He's since moved on, so I think some of those build choices might not be good for pushing further. So I'm going to respec to ghazzy's. First up is to run the merc lab to get the 3rd ascendancy and drop swift killer.

I really like the blight totems rather than self casting. So right now, I use contagion, send ED, put up a totem if there are rares, and still have bane for cleaning up smaller packs. Seems to work OK. I don't see screens of mobs exploding , but mobs do die.

I have about 80c left, so looking for any advice or suggestions on where to invest. I picked up Atrizi's boots, but will have to figure out resistenences when I change my current boots. RIght now I'm overcapped on fire, so have some room to play with.

I also have no idea on how to manage mana with malevolence and discipline active. If I turn on both aura's I have hardly any mana at all. Seems like I'm missing something.

Anyways, really appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

I’m on mobile, suggest you read what FluffyMonkey7 wrote on page 345. Really good info for newer players.

Hey thanks for the reply! I actually saw that post, and picked up a 20/20 ED gem , but didn't notice the gearing section. Really useful advice.
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I don't know how to search in this thread only.

What is the point of EB? Why not use only MOM and get more eHP total? Is it just to sustain mana so you dont run out?

It seems to me that I get much more eHP when using malevolence on the no reserve ring and then keep all my mana unreserved for MOM. Then I can also take a couple of the 18% max mana nodes and the mana ascendancy.
Last edited by Adenathschant on Jun 26, 2019, 4:39:40 PM
"
xsnowingx wrote:

I farmed it entirely myself, in part because ED+Contagion is extremely powerful with a relative small investment. I did not have to put too much money into the actual build, so I could save more. The reason I'm 'finished' with this build, is that it does not synergize with the Headhunter at all. My purpose at the start of the league was to farm a HH, and then move onto some other proj based skill that I can build around the belt, like Ele Hit or maybe TS.

I will still be playing this character alot for at least a couple more weeks, because it farms so efficiently, and I find it fun!

Why doesn't the headhunter synergize with the build?
Last edited by WingsOfDomain on Jun 26, 2019, 5:13:17 PM
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
"
xsnowingx wrote:

I farmed it entirely myself, in part because ED+Contagion is extremely powerful with a relative small investment. I did not have to put too much money into the actual build, so I could save more. The reason I'm 'finished' with this build, is that it does not synergize with the Headhunter at all. My purpose at the start of the league was to farm a HH, and then move onto some other proj based skill that I can build around the belt, like Ele Hit or maybe TS.

I will still be playing this character alot for at least a couple more weeks, because it farms so efficiently, and I find it fun!

Why doesn't the headhunter synergize with the build?

You want some projectile skill that shoots in an AOE, and you want to self curse with temp chains so that you can keep those buffs for the entire map, or at least have a solstice vigil. Sure you can use HH with ED and it won't really get worse, but it's not a good use of such a nice item.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jun 26, 2019, 5:37:36 PM
"
xsnowingx wrote:

Okay guys, here is my semi-"finished" gearing for this great league starter. I am still not happy with my mana situation, so I will try and get similar rings with an open spot for the elreon mana cost craft. I also do not have the 9ex Watchers Eye that I may or may not purchase.

I intended to use this to farm on a budget, and I think it accomplished that goal very well. Multimodding a bow is relatively cheap, and the benefits of not having to 6-link a unique chest cannot be understated. I have been really happy with this build and it has served me well as a budget friendly yet powerful character :)

Grats @ the HH!

Some questions where you differ from most builds on poeninja:
- do you like your choice for spell totems vs self cast blight?
- phase run used as some kind of long range movement spell? Or defensively?
- vaal grace used a lot?
- vaal rf used a lot?
"
Vordaa wrote:

Grats @ the HH!

Some questions where you differ from most builds on poeninja:
- do you like your choice for spell totems vs self cast blight?
- phase run used as some kind of long range movement spell? Or defensively?
- vaal grace used a lot?
- vaal rf used a lot?

Thanks! ^^

- I definitely like totems more than a non-6link Vaal blight. Vaal blight as a 6-link would probably work similar to Vaal RF except be way better.

-phase run is used in conjunction with my quicksilver flask to be moving around quickly. It's something you just get used to ALWAYS doing.

-vaal grace and RF are popped when you are doing something that is higher than the average difficulty of the map. could be a legion boss, could simply be every legion encounter, it could be only for bosses. they are buffs to damage and defenses and used at your discretion.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
"
l1u2i3z123 wrote:
First, thanks for the build, its awesome to play and have a very high survival on high tier maps because of the ascendency!

https://youtu.be/QoajjAlkKsQ Uber elder deathless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVDAuqqdhKE Shaper deathless

Im playing with ed and contagion
The only exception that I made was change my amulet for the shaper one, take a node on my tree to get a dual curse, use Aspect of the spider on my boots to get more dps and survivability.
The amulet is to use temporal chains with blasphemy without any cost and the node is to dual curse with despair on my Witch's brew.

That's my gear for who doesnot want to open my profile.

So far I like your setup the most. Will try to follow :)
Last edited by tuomas666 on Jun 26, 2019, 6:30:49 PM
Howcome so many people using ED/contagion over soulrend or bane? Are they just better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info