GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

To make a small bump: our boi Ghazzy wasn't able to update his build due to work, but he will do so asap.

In the meantime you can go Ziz Build:
https://pastebin.com/Hn5NYa3t

Or something with MoM, Eldritch Battery, Wicked Ward, like the one mentioned down there. There may also be variants with Perfect Form as armor (points for Acrobatics/Phase ACro can be spent elsewhere).

"
Skeet wrote:

PoB Link
Something like this, I guess? You can change it to your liking if you prefer going Acrobatics/Phase acrobatics early or not.
First of all a big THX to Ghazzy for the guide. I already followed it in a league (I think it was Delve) and got to Lvl94 as a very casual player.

Since Legion seems to be made for ED, this will be my leaguestarter once again.

As I planned out my build I found this awesome detailed Leveling-Guide by Balormage. (As he mostly plays HC it is closer to Ziz-Version than this) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KP6U4mIHnf14nPAAv_joXzbkVtLUmXv0yIrZ0_6GLmA/preview#
Last edited by Raizinho on Jun 7, 2019, 12:32:49 PM
"
Seymowr wrote:
Honestly if SC i would rather take swift killer + weave the arcane over prolonged pain, especially for a starter

Without investment into power/frenzy charges it isn't worth it, because switft killer gives only 40% dmg increase without additional points in tree.
And if you take Weave the arcance you're loosing arcane surge with movement skill(during leveling)
"
Also curious to see 3.7 tree..maybe in parts..like lvl 20, 40, 60 etc..im not very smart to make something good xD

everyone worried about PoB updates: take one look at the tree and realize that literally nothing has changed, just use the levelling trees provided in the guide

just take the lower path on your way to EB to pick up Wicked Ward and you're all set.

this is mostly a league start/low budget guide anyway, for extreme min/maxing maybe check poe.ninja a little into the league or maybe even do it yourself

2 questions

1) why not wicked ward?

2) why not use intensify for contagion?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Intensify_Support

Supported Skills deal (10-16)% more Area Damage per Intensity
Supported Skills have (35-54)% increased Area of Effect
Last edited by Koksii on Jun 7, 2019, 2:28:16 PM
Ok.. so essence drain is our single target dps.. do we have to choose between bane and contagion for map clearing? does anyone have any input on this choice?
"
Ok.. so essence drain is our single target dps.. do we have to choose between bane and contagion for map clearing? does anyone have any input on this choice?

Actually Ghazzy inputed on this before he went off for his work contract

"
Ghazzy wrote:

This build will in my opinion be the #1 league starter build for 3.7, it has been among the best league starter builds in the entire game ever since the release of the ability and the nerfs that hit Bane as well as Soulrend are not that massive, though I must say that I favour the approach of utilizing ED & Contagion again. Though I would feel confident being so bold to say that leveling with Bane should still be a preferable idea whilst leveling your ED & Contagion gems on the side. The build can handle Uber Elder, SSF, HC and SC on similar styles and still get away with an extremely minimal investment in the process of handling these contents. I feel very inclined to do this build again myself in 3,7 to farm Monoliths with due to how effective it'll be for that specific purpose on top of the end-game viability.
"
nexro wrote:
"
Seymowr wrote:
Honestly if SC i would rather take swift killer + weave the arcane over prolonged pain, especially for a starter

Without investment into power/frenzy charges it isn't worth it, because switft killer gives only 40% dmg increase without additional points in tree.
And if you take Weave the arcance you're loosing arcane surge with movement skill(during leveling)

Yeah it is worth it and it is far better, just do w/e idc lol, btw i wont lose anything cuz weave would be my last 2 points ;)
"
Koksii wrote:
2 questions

1) why not wicked ward?

2) why not use intensify for contagion?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Intensify_Support

Supported Skills deal (10-16)% more Area Damage per Intensity
Supported Skills have (35-54)% increased Area of Effect

I'm no expert, but as this build will likely need a kite a bit, this part of the Intensify gem seems like a bit of a deal breaker - I absolutely admit I could be totally wrong here..

"Supported Skills lose Intensity every 0.25 seconds while moving, or immediately if you teleport"
4. If you sell a blue rarity WAND to a vendor together with any of the chaos gems you get a +1 lvl of socketed chaos gems wand back!

Thanks! Now i need to reroll as my Contagion gem was lost. Yes yes, it was a blue rarity WAND!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info