GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Im having a hard time deciding between zizarans ascendancy choised and the ones from this guide.... anyone can tell me what they think the best pick is and why?
so the whole idea of destroying the legions doesn't really work.
dots don't really spread that far, the mobs aren't that close to each other, plus the good mobs with icons above their head have way too much health just to die from spread dots. you have to focus them anyway. mb it could work with very good gear later in the league or in low level areas, but at that point you don't really need the spreading, you can just release all the mobs quickly with bane.
"
Creditor wrote:
dots don't really spread that far, the mobs aren't that close to each other, plus the good mobs with icons above their head have way too much health just to die from spread dots. you have to focus them anyway. mb it could work with very good gear later in the league or in low level areas, but at that point you don't really need the spreading, you can just release all the mobs quickly with bane.

By the time you get Intensify in act6 it takes no more than 1 cast to instagib every legion mob. Killing them afterwards takes more because they group up and you can't spread that well, but just killing the cocoons is easy and consistent.
It actually does work incredibly well. I am doing tier 7 maps and oneshoting whole legion packs with gear that i have almost withotu change since act 7 +/-. On 4link setup.
My guild topic (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628169)
My boss/crafting service (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2806421)
Is it as simple as just changing out ED-Soulrend and Contagion-Bane ?
"
fsxraptor wrote:
Since the IC nerfs, why not just drop it entirely and use a 3L Contagion-IncAoE-Intensify? Contagion is way too good to pass this league and you could keep Bane as a 4L for extra damage and Despair application.

This is something that has yet to be addressed in any build, the Immortal Call nerf. Is it so bad we are definitely better without it? I've seen mention of changing it for molten shell, consecrate and whatnot.
This is my first time with a ED/Contagion trickster, and I’m guessing that the proper passive tree people are following is the POB link from the post referened below, and not the Skill Tree from page 1? Any comments?

For those that have made it to yellow/red maps, any advice or suggestions?

"
entweder wrote:
To make a small bump: our boi Ghazzy wasn't able to update his build due to work, but he will do so asap.

In the meantime you can go Ziz Build:
https://pastebin.com/Hn5NYa3t

Or something with MoM, Eldritch Battery, Wicked Ward, like the one mentioned down there. There may also be variants with Perfect Form as armor (points for Acrobatics/Phase ACro can be spent elsewhere).

"
Skeet wrote:

PoB Link
Something like this, I guess? You can change it to your liking if you prefer going Acrobatics/Phase acrobatics early or not.
"
Creditor wrote:

I run around looking for unaffected packs and hit those, if I see a high life rare(?) that hasn't succumb to contagion yet, I just hit him with bane to finish the job quickly.
"
Is it as simple as just changing out ED-Soulrend and Contagion-Bane ?

this build is quite versatile, I played it last league as ED/Bane. This league everyone should definitely do ED/Contagion.
One more thing, give Eclipse Solaris Wand a test drive. The blinding aura is amazing, you can literally run into the middle of the pack to cast your contagion and ED and not have to worry about getting hit by twenty mobs. It is only 1 alch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info