GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

hey! first of all, thanks for the great guide guide, i am having a lot of fun with it. currently im lvl 89 and doing T14/15 maps without problems. found my first guardian map as well and will give it a try soon :)

so now i just got this new helmet and i was wondering if it would be worth it to switch the colors to 2 blue 2 red? it might take a lot of chromatics.

right now i have a similar one but without the 40% blight dmg enchant. will the 40% blight dmg be a great boost for bosses? i am using blight with the gloves as an active spell:

edit: if i were to replace increased duration on the 2blue 2red spell totem- wither setup with a green support gem, which one would you use?
Last edited by paranoiah on Sep 3, 2017, 3:30:41 PM
Is there a BiS list for the build somewhere? Assuming there is no currency restrictions. I just started and wanted to see what the very end game gear would be
"
Askani127 wrote:
Is there a BiS list for the build somewhere? Assuming there is no currency restrictions. I just started and wanted to see what the very end game gear would be

I'm no expert/theorycrafter but....

BoTC for mapping, a decay wand may be better for bosses? There is discussion about it earlier in this thread with all the poison changes.
6l cherrubim for softcore 6l CoD for hardcore
biscos belt for mapping, deceiver for bosses, i'm pretty sure headhunter is not that good with this build.
biscos amulet maybe? otherwise increased chaos damage, spell damage, hp/mana/resist.
+ chaos damage rings with spell damage and hp/mp/resist/stats/cast speed
allelopathy gloves for bosses
kaoms roots (boots)? or just a rare with increased movement speed, hp/mp/stats/resist. skyforth? don't think its worth it tbh.
rathpith shield, however you might be able to craft a better rare, i'm not sure.
and of course perfect vaals on the gear and gems, i'm not sure what you go for with that.

witchfire's brew, maybe a dying sun flask?
+mana jewels listed in the guide for hardcore, blight jewels for bossing imo, how ever you might be able to craft something better, like +chaos, +DoT, + spell damage.

note: i don't know affix's that well, so some of these combinations might not be possible.

Also: thank you for the guide, allowed me to reach the furthest i have in this game. Hoping to kill sharper and guardians with it.
Last edited by Paranoiac on Sep 4, 2017, 8:24:58 AM
considered a pledge of hands? only needs 6 sockets, not 6 links and allows for leap slam
I'm pretty new so bare with me. I just got Allelopathy and the guide says to put the contagion 4 gems in it. But in the post I see a lot of the gloves with a different setup. With mostly support gems. Which is correct?
Really enjoying the build, great for uber lab farming.
Question, why does the ED enchant (40%) only grant me like 4% increased damage over time on tool tip (65k to 63K)?
Is this accurate? Seems pretty useless if this is the case...
Any other recommended enchantments?
Hey Ghazzy

Pretty awesome build, was super easy to level and fun to play.
I've reached lvl 79 now and trying to work out what should be the next upgrade/s to get. I currently have around 50C that i can spend, and don't know which item i should upgrade first.

Character: A_New_Shadow
Gear:
Spoiler

Elemental res's are all capped, and sitting at 3.7k life, 700 es and 1.7k total unreserved mana (2.8k total) .

Edit: fixed mana numbers
Edit 2: with breath of the Council, is there a noticeable dmg difference between a low chaos rolled and high rolled?
With the chaos dmg rings/amulets, is it worth just buying the essences and crafting instead of buying crafted ring/amulets via trade?

Sorry the bunch of questions, just trying to make the right gear choices to get this char as far as possible onto endgame 😊
Last edited by xFlameKnightx on Sep 4, 2017, 9:02:30 AM
"
Bruizer wrote:
Really enjoying the build, great for uber lab farming.
Question, why does the ED enchant (40%) only grant me like 4% increased damage over time on tool tip (65k to 63K)?
Is this accurate? Seems pretty useless if this is the case...
Any other recommended enchantments?

Are you sure the tooltip is displaying the DoT dps? I think it might just be displaying the initial hits dps.

"
xFlameKnightx wrote:
Hey Ghazzy

Pretty awesome build, was super easy to level and fun to play.
I've reached lvl 79 now and trying to work out what should be the next upgrade/s to get. I currently have around 50C that i can spend, and don't know which item i should upgrade first.

Character: A_New_Shadow
Gear:
Spoiler

Elemental res's are all capped, and sitting at 3.7k life, 700 es and 2.8k total unreserved mana.

Breath of the council, rathpith globe, and +chaos damage essence crafted rings/amulet, your mana is really high for the amount of hp you have. Aim for 40% of life as unreserved mana.
Last edited by Paranoiac on Sep 4, 2017, 8:29:46 AM
Having great time with this build, but I have a noob question regarding the cloak of defiance and I wonder if someone can help me.

From the replies I can see that the 'When hit, 10% is taken from Mana' of CoD is extremely beneficial in combination with MoM in the skill tree. However, from what I have seen only the relic version of CoD has this text on it. So does it mean I have to buy a relic CoD in order to gain the 40% MoM effect? Or does the new version without the text also has this additional 10% effect?

Thanks!
Last edited by stephenyang88 on Sep 4, 2017, 9:32:26 AM
"
stephenyang88 wrote:
Having great time with this build, but I have a noob question regarding the cloak of defiance and I wonder if someone can help me.

From the replies I can see that the 'When hit, 10% is taken from Mana' of CoD is extremely beneficial in combination with MoM in the skill tree. However, from what I have seen only the relic version of CoD has this text on it. So does it mean I have to buy a relic CoD in order to gain the 40% MoM effect? Or does the new version without the text also has this additional 10% effect?

Thanks!

Don't know where you're seeing it be relic only, the 10% mod was added back to the cloak of defiance with 3.0. It's on all new dropped cloaks now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info