GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hey

Just wanna start out with saying thank you for this super fun build. Just hit 91 today, Im just curious about few things. What is the current gem skill setup you are running at the moment, has anything been changed or is it still the same? And about skill gems would it be worth to run artic armour over clarity and is it better to cast the blight from gloves manually or use spell totem? I have really hard time to decide what setup I wanna run. Some advice would be really appreciated.
I just get the last ascendency skill points, and now i'm thinking, what can i do to improve my damage, beside get the Uber Lab enchants?
At the moment i'm going down on the tree to get Method to the Madness, since i already hit 5,3k of hp and 2,4k of unreserved mana

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/luttrix/characters

PoB: https://pastebin.com/zAGNwfhi
"
Paranoiac wrote:
"
diablo184 wrote:
hey hit 81 with this build and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how i can progress my character i'm having issues getting past tier 13 maps in terms on hp and damage

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/diablo184/characters?charactername=Jondace

You have 8 life nodes in your tree that you can put points into with no extra costs, and a nice belt could add 100 hp before bonuses. Your rings and amulet don't have life on them either. same with boots but that would be harder to upgrade cause you want the 30% ms. For damage try experimenting with allelopathy gloves, they help me a ton on bosses, however i'm not sure the best gem setup is with them yet.

Why did you take the precision node at Templar instead of life?

and if you want even more life, you can cut out the increased aoe nodes and head to the scion hp nodes.

I took precision at the time cause i was having issues with cast speed because i did not take it in the ascendancy tree.
I did not feel like my damage was on par so i put a lot of my previous life points into damage in different areas in the tree, i do have allelopathy gloves but dropped them for a delirium crafted finger less pair for more damage and more res.
I am worried that taking out my damage nodes for life while over cripple my damage which feels low on t14+ maps.
Im currently gearing up and trying to decide which unques I want to use. Is Breath of the Council really the best weapon? You can get a lot more spell dmg on a wand and maybe some mana, resist or cast speed or so, but can't use shield charge. So i guess you'd have to go for lighting warp.

This is my current gear.
How would you improve it?
Im thinking about getting some better hp boots and gloves.
Or do you think I should try to get some +damage?
The Cherrubim's is a work in progress, wasted around 4ex trying to get him 3b2g and failed (using Vorici), so now im rebuild my currency before trying again.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MemeKang/characters/BrainDeadManlet
"
diablo184 wrote:
hey hit 81 with this build and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how i can progress my character i'm having issues getting past tier 13 maps in terms on hp and damage

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/diablo184/characters?charactername=Jondace

Start by replacing your gloves for the Allelopathy gloves the dmg from Contagion is very minor so the crafted gloves you are wearing doesn't benefit your build that much, the unique gloves will grant you global dmg increase to dmg over time effects.

Outside of that the BotC you are using is rather low rolled so you could upgrad that, you can also look to purchase chaos dmg rolled rings to further increase your dmg output.

For defensive upgrades:
Basically, get more life/mana on your gear I see you've also specced in to a lot of extra mana nodes rather than life, life is still #1 priority of a stat for your survival.
Outside of that you've deviated from the original tree in the guide (excluding the Whispers of Doom as it's a flavour choice) on the left hand side you've taken elemental dmg which doesn't scale your dmg output at all, but it is the shortest route to connect to "Light of Divinity" though for the points invested towards that you can get much more dmg by taking the spell dmg nodes right at the Witch starter area where you took a 3% cast speed node which is, again, useless.

"
iso wrote:
Hey

Just wanna start out with saying thank you for this super fun build. Just hit 91 today, Im just curious about few things. What is the current gem skill setup you are running at the moment, has anything been changed or is it still the same? And about skill gems would it be worth to run artic armour over clarity and is it better to cast the blight from gloves manually or use spell totem? I have really hard time to decide what setup I wanna run. Some advice would be really appreciated.

Hey,

Awesome to hear bro!
Blight I prefer to cast manually so I can keep up a Wither totem. The current gem setup is the one displayed in the guide, some people prefer to change around the Allelopathy glove setup but that's all just a matter of taste in the end.

I don't think Arctic Armour is worth running, Clarity helps you sustain the mitigating effect provided by MoM and you should only be stationary when you cast Blight pretty much.

"
I just get the last ascendency skill points, and now i'm thinking, what can i do to improve my damage, beside get the Uber Lab enchants?
At the moment i'm going down on the tree to get Method to the Madness, since i already hit 5,3k of hp and 2,4k of unreserved mana

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/luttrix/characters

PoB: https://pastebin.com/zAGNwfhi

Hey,

Astramentis can be replaced by any amulet granting spell dmg, which can also include life.
The rings can get Chaos dmg and more life.
Belt can be Bisco's Leash for higher clear speed (can swap for Belt of the Deciever vs bosses) or keep the rare life/res belt you got.
Gloves can be the suggested Allelopathy gloves for better single target dps as well as a small buff for general map DPS to your ED as well.
BoTC can have a higher roll (not that important tbh)

You can drop some mana nodes and reach the "Whispers of Doom" node north-west of the witch starter area on the tree to get an additional curse and use the "Witchfire Brew" flask for vulnerability which increases damage done as well in your case :)

"
Crank_ wrote:
Im currently gearing up and trying to decide which unques I want to use. Is Breath of the Council really the best weapon? You can get a lot more spell dmg on a wand and maybe some mana, resist or cast speed or so, but can't use shield charge. So i guess you'd have to go for lighting warp.

In that specific case I would recommend going for Flame Dash instead. It's generally not a problem if you have Bisco's Leash giving you Rampage stacks which increases movement speed as well.
However, you could get a dagger with spell damage that rolls 90-100%+ as well which would obviously be a better choice, however, it will be pretty expensive.

"
MemeKang wrote:

This is my current gear.
How would you improve it?
Im thinking about getting some better hp boots and gloves.
Or do you think I should try to get some +damage?
The Cherrubim's is a work in progress, wasted around 4ex trying to get him 3b2g and failed (using Vorici), so now im rebuild my currency before trying again.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MemeKang/characters/BrainDeadManlet

Hey,

BotC can have a higher roll (not the most important but still)
Rings can roll chaos damage & more life, ventor's gamble is not really suggested.
Amulet can have spell damage.
Gloves should be Allelopathy unique gloves.
Boots lack movement speed slowing you down significantly, as well as being able to have much more life on.
Belt can have more life or be replaced by Bisco's Leash for clear speed and/or Belt of the Deciever for boss killing dmg.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
My gear goals are:

• Recolor my Cherrubim to 3b-2g-1r for level 3 empower (corrupted level 4 long-term)
• Recolor my Atziri's Step or find higher move speed / life boots
• Upgrade rings w/ chaos damage, res, & life
• Upgrading amulet to similar but w/ higher life
• Potentially a multi-mod crafted delirium dagger or an especially high spell damage one

I think the order I listed it in would be a good order to go about upgrading my gear ignoring dreaming of +1 level corrupted gems and 20% quality throughout. Thoughts?

Quick stats are:

• 4.6k life
• 1.2k unreserved mana
• 1k ES
• 12k ED sheet DPS; 33.2k chaos damage/second unbuffed; 48k w/ full power/frenzy charges
• Way overcapped res (switching to Atziri's Step will still leave me overcapped to cover ele weakness)

Also, I have begun deviating slightly from the guide's tree (stocking regrets in case I dislike or find it less efficient). I'm not super knowledgeable of mechanics and all that. Would getting Mind Barrier for +7% chance to block spells be worthwhile? With Rathpith it'd put it at ≈20% total block chance & with Atziri's Step it'd be alongside 15% or so dodge chance for spell damage. However, it's a three point investment, so I'm not sure it's efficient enough.

Last edited by Alzeryon on Sep 6, 2017, 12:53:40 AM
I have a couple questions, hopefully this hasnt been asked too often...

1.) I see Immortal Call being used with Cast When Damage Taken, but I was curious what the source is for these Endurance Charges?

2.) Assuming you get a helm with the "30% Reduction to Arctic Armour Mana Reservation" enchant, and the effective health calculator says you have enough mana, would running Arctic Armour be worth it? Or would it just be better to have a larger mana pool?
"
Alzeryon wrote:
My gear goals are:

• Recolor my Cherrubim to 3b-2g-1r for level 3 empower (corrupted level 4 long-term)
• Recolor my Atziri's Step or find higher move speed / life boots
• Upgrade rings w/ chaos damage, res, & life
• Upgrading amulet to similar but w/ higher life
• Potentially a multi-mod crafted delirium dagger or an especially high spell damage one

I think the order I listed it in would be a good order to go about upgrading my gear ignoring dreaming of +1 level corrupted gems and 20% quality throughout. Thoughts?

Quick stats are:

• 4.6k life
• 1.2k unreserved mana
• 1k ES
• 12k ED sheet DPS; 33.2k chaos damage/second unbuffed; 48k w/ full power/frenzy charges
• Way overcapped res (switching to Atziri's Step will still leave me overcapped to cover ele weakness)

Also, I have begun deviating slightly from the guide's tree (stocking regrets in case I dislike or find it less efficient). I'm not super knowledgeable of mechanics and all that. Would getting Mind Barrier for +7% chance to block spells be worthwhile? With Rathpith it'd put it at ≈20% total block chance & with Atziri's Step it'd be alongside 15% or so dodge chance for spell damage. However, it's a three point investment, so I'm not sure it's efficient enough.

Sounds solid to me, though keep in mind it's cheaper & easier to get 21/20 ED than it is to get Empower lvl 4!

I personally don't like Evasion or Block focuses, having Rathpith is nice but to invest further to block is something I'd advice to steer away from.

"
MadHookUp wrote:
I have a couple questions, hopefully this hasnt been asked too often...

1.) I see Immortal Call being used with Cast When Damage Taken, but I was curious what the source is for these Endurance Charges?

2.) Assuming you get a helm with the "30% Reduction to Arctic Armour Mana Reservation" enchant, and the effective health calculator says you have enough mana, would running Arctic Armour be worth it? Or would it just be better to have a larger mana pool?

Hey,

Don't worry about it bro, I welcome any and all questions! :)

1) We are not using Endurance Charges, instead we utilize the base duration of 0.4 seconds to make us immortal vs huge packs of Porcupines dying (they explode shooting physical projectiles everywhere which used to be a common source of deaths).

2) It would be better to have a large mana pool to help sustain the mitigating effect provided by MoM. Keep in mind that the only "real" time you're actually stationary would be if you use Blight vs a boss, outside of that you will more or less be moving constanty which drastically drops the efficiency behind Arctic Armour.

Be sure to check out our Discord community (link at the bottom of the guide) where myself & many other veterans are helping eachother out on a daily basis :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey,
what a nice build, i am still having a blast. initially, i just wanted to play a starter build but im now lvl 90 and cant stop :) thanks again for the guide.

now a question about gearing with a little background first:

i had 2 5link cherrubs, one to wear and one to try and 6-link. I put in like 400c worth of fusings and thats when i forced myself to stop... luckily if found a few sellable rares and i was able to buy a 6link cherrub by trading all those plus my other currency into chaos.

now im sitting here with 9 chaos orbs and little other currency and thats why i wanted to ask where you would invest into next. i know that my rares (still like my shield though) are really low, but im at max res, 5460 life, 900 es, 2169 mana (unreserved 2059).

plus 2x spreading rot

i was thinking about saving for a good helmet with 40% ED or blight damage next, while on the way getting the remaining 20/20 gems. do you have any suggestions?

also, i am currently using witchfire brew without the 2nd curse effect. is it worth it to lose a lot of stats on ring/amulet just for the extra dmg of the brew? as an alternative, i could redo my tree, but i really dont know which nodes i could take out.

thank you for the time you put into answering in your thread and for your videos and the guide!

cheers, para
Last edited by paranoiah on Sep 6, 2017, 8:07:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info