GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
hempq66 wrote:
Shaper down

GGGGGGG!!

"
DS_DV wrote:
i have another dumb questio:

How to kill all thos map bosses?

nearly every map i play the map bos has "resits chaos"

with best +DS_DV+

PS: how do you guys maintain a high tier map pool ?

i end up buying them which seems not very efficient

Shouldn't be a problem with Blight, ED & Arcane Surge (Contagion) going? You should be very tanky as well with the essence drain regenerating your life consistently.

Regarding the map sustaining it depends completely how you want to play;
If you go with a specific shaped map you only need 65-70% of the atlas completed but this will require you to craft the shaped map with sextants to maintain it properly.
Or you could just grab as much bonus from the map as you can possibly muster & run any high red tier maps you get which should drop frequently the more map bonuses you complete :)

"
drbokorkati wrote:
Hi,great build, only thing I miss is more detailed items/leveling uniques but whatever. Belt of the deceiver for big bosses and Bisco's Leash for mapping/leveling is a good idea right?

Hey,

Cheers!

Yes, that is correct :)

"
DS_DV wrote:
"
drbokorkati wrote:
Hi,great build, only thing I miss is more detailed items/leveling uniques but whatever. Belt of the deceiver for big bosses and Bisco's Leash for mapping/leveling is a good idea right?

i tried both and i felt rampage does a hughe diffrence ... also the quantety is nice to have.

but on the other hand i a n00b .. tho ^^

Rampage is insane :)

"
Hello =) Nice build!

I have 75% fire/cold/lighting resist, but -30% chaos =(
Its problem for this build or not?

THX!

Hey,

Cheers!

Negative chaos resistance doesn't really matter tbh. I have never bothered getting chaos resistance on any of my builds in many years tbh.

"
Influx wrote:
Does +AoE have a significant Effect on the spread of Essence Drain? If I understand correctly it should only affect Contagion, which wouldn't be a huge deal, since basically only one target with Contagion + Essence Drain needs to die, so that everything around it will die too. If a Monster is too far to get the spread, +AoE doesn't make any difference because it only affects the initial Contagion cast.

Am I right? Google didn't really help me out here.

The reason behind this is, if it is worth taking the +AoE nodes in the upper part of the tree to get to Cruel Preparation or if I should go another path, giving me more int with the same amount of points invested.

Hey,

It does help spread via having increased AoE on Contagion, which is why we want to quality that gem first. However, with Inc. AoE on Contagion as well as the AoE nerfs that hit the game rather recently, speccing into more via the skilltree or gear is not really worth it. I didn't feel it to be worth it before the AoE stacking nerfs either.

The Contagion AoE is the AoE it spreads by after each "kill" as that AoE is placed with the dead enemy as the center of the radius.

Some people prefer to take the AoE nodes, I find them extremely wasteful, more now than ever.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Having a blast with the build! One question, though. I could be completely missing it somewhere, but where do you get your endurance charges for Immortal Call from? This is my first serious build to follow, so I may just not understand the mechanic XD
"
benyehuda wrote:
Having a blast with the build! One question, though. I could be completely missing it somewhere, but where do you get your endurance charges for Immortal Call from? This is my first serious build to follow, so I may just not understand the mechanic XD

We don't get any endurance charges, we just use its base duration, which is still super helpful.
First off I'm really enjoying this build. Second thank you for taking the time to test and post it.

I do have one question being a very new player (lvl 15 of my first character).

Am i missing where it says all the jems are supposed to be socketed? I understand the order skills and their support jems are triggered in when on a piece of equiptment, but not which piece the jems are supposed to be placed in. For example, do I put the essense drain and corresponding supports on my armor?

If this has already been answered I appologize and would love to know roughly what page of this thread it is on.
Played this for the last week and a half in HHC, was really enjoying it until I ripped at level 90, considering rolling again atm but picking up a +1 Tabula instead while I continue to try and 6L my Cloak of Defiance (5L currently) that I thankfully wasn't wearing :P

Gear when I ripped
Spoiler

Edit: I guess I do have a question too, I currently have a Cloak of Defiance but it's only 5l'd atm, would it be worth the DPS loss to swap to it for use in hardcore and instead buy a second one to try and link, or stay in a Tabula while I try to link it keeping in mind I survived to 90 my first time around still in the Tabula and the death was to a pretty dumb mistake rather than not being tanky enough.
Last edited by Scotteeh on Sep 2, 2017, 9:54:45 PM
Just wanted to share my progress with this build in Harbringer Softcore as I hit level 91.
Really loving it and I don't think so I'll be playing different build in long time.

So currently sitting on 5.5k Life, 1,1k ES and 3k unreserved mana. Bear in mind that there's plenty of room for upgrades as my gear is far from perfect or even very good.[especially my rings, my God are they from act 3? lol] Doing all map mods, all tiers. Didn't try on guardians or shaper just yet but will be preparing to do so.

I went for 5th power charge and Essensce drain damage per second is 42K with 5 frenzy and 5 power charges.

Here's my gear.

Still 5-link Cloak of Defiance as I'm trying to 6-link Cherrubim's. Next thing I'll try to do is craft %chaos damage rings, get better life gear and then perhaps counter the Shaper.

anyway, this build is great. Thank you Ghazzy.
"
Hey,

It does help spread via having increased AoE on Contagion, which is why we want to quality that gem first. However, with Inc. AoE on Contagion as well as the AoE nerfs that hit the game rather recently, speccing into more via the skilltree or gear is not really worth it. I didn't feel it to be worth it before the AoE stacking nerfs either.

The Contagion AoE is the AoE it spreads by after each "kill" as that AoE is placed with the dead enemy as the center of the radius.

Some people prefer to take the AoE nodes, I find them extremely wasteful, more now than ever.

Thanks for the reply and all the work you put into this :).

So it does help a little bit, but would only make a difference, if the second target is pretty far from the first one. The choice is basically between 16% AoE and 20 Int, so its not a huge deal anyway ;).
On my second HC playthrough with this build (RIP)

One thing im noticing, MOM doesn't seem to drink mana like it use to during normal play, i feel like i have too much mana and regen for what its worth, and really only go low when its near death and then i just use pots.

Method to the Madness looks really great and i think i can get away with a few less mana related nodes....

Just curious why no method to madness node in the build...it takes you down a path for dex and str which is helpful and you get some chaos resist which is always welcome....is there anything you would sacrifice for it? better than going into the witch start node for the spell dmg?

Basically im thinking of ditching the jewel slots being used for those rot gems, i cant seem to get blight used in a good way during gameplay and the chaos boost is weak, and replace them with other gems that provide functionality, then take the method node (possibly all of it if i can hit the life and chaos reist node by templar)

Managed to get a yellow gem with damage over time 10% cold resist and 5% life, rather have that jewel and the unique with mana regen and move speed than two rots.
just for try, for see and for know
hey guys bit new especially to casters, could someone kindly explain why the cloak of defiance is so good? Does it make it 40% damage from mana? Is there another reason why its so good? Are you way more tanky with this than Cherrubim? Is the dps from Cherrubim needed to do end game, if not wouldnt being tanky be better? Kind of player who could really only afford to go after one or the other.
Last edited by hellnhavoc on Sep 2, 2017, 2:19:05 PM
What belt do you guys use for bosses where rampage from biscos is useless?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info