GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
hellnhavoc wrote:
hey guys bit new especially to casters, could someone kindly explain why the cloak of defiance is so good? Does it make it 40% damage from mana? Is there another reason why its so good? Are you way more tanky with this than Cherrubim? Is the dps from Cherrubim needed to do end game, if not wouldnt being tanky be better? Kind of player who could really only afford to go after one or the other.

When you have MoM each hit the 30% of that hit goes to mana before hit your life pool, CoD what it does its change that 70/30 to 60/40 and give you the keystone MoM.

If you are playing SC dont think its really needed the cloak for hc its a very good choice.
"
keygy wrote:
"
hellnhavoc wrote:
hey guys bit new especially to casters, could someone kindly explain why the cloak of defiance is so good? Does it make it 40% damage from mana? Is there another reason why its so good? Are you way more tanky with this than Cherrubim? Is the dps from Cherrubim needed to do end game, if not wouldnt being tanky be better? Kind of player who could really only afford to go after one or the other.

When you have MoM each hit the 30% of that hit goes to mana before hit your life pool, CoD what it does its change that 70/30 to 60/40 and give you the keystone MoM.

If you are playing SC dont think its really needed the cloak for hc its a very good choice.

Does it actually increase it to 60/40 or does the 30% from MoM just overwrite the 10% from the CoD? This is huge if I'm misunderstanding it...

Edit: According to the wiki for CoD, the 10% MoM effect imparted by the cloak doesn't supplement the MoM keystone's 30% effect. You just get the 30% damage taken from mana from the keystone:

"
The Mind Over Matter mod has the same effect as the keystone, Mind Over Matter. Taking the keystone in addition to equipping this item will impart no additional benefit.

That makes me really wonder why you'd not just use Cherrubim's for this build. It's really easy to exceed the necessary mana threshold without the CoD's mana bonus if you're using the Grand Spectrum jewels. In fact, the flat life imparted by the Cherrubim's helps to raise your overall EHP. Worse come to worse, you could wear Atziri's Foible to increase max mana and mana regeneration, since there is so much room to get resistances on other rare gear throughout the build, but I don't even think that's necessary. I'm currently in a position where I have 8k EHP and enough resistances where I could drop the Bisco's Leash, replace it with Bisco's Collar and a cheap 115 life leather belt, and still be resistance capped after dropping my other amulet.

Thoughts, anyone?
Last edited by CaptainCortez on Sep 4, 2017, 1:11:04 AM
If i use allelopathy gloves with the optional gemlink for bosses etc, Can i use those gloves all the time?

Do contagion stil spread my ED?

OR should i have 2x 4L blue and swap out for bosses if i need singletarget?
How much str / dex need for this build?
Last edited by sorlix on Sep 3, 2017, 4:23:54 AM
What would be something I can replace Vaal Lightning trap with?

Im still new to this build. What should i upgrade next? I saw ppl using Cherrubim's Maleficence but its very expensive (500ch) if i want a 6 linked version.
Last edited by sorlix on Sep 3, 2017, 7:14:21 AM
Hi, Thanks for the guide I have one question, tho.

In the Finished skill-tree you skill mind over matter and as High Budget Gearing you recommend Cloak of Defiance. As far as I know the 2 mind over matter effects don't stack. So is it really worth it getting a Cloak of Defiance when you skilled mind over matter and if yes why? Thanks! :)
"
benyehuda wrote:
Having a blast with the build! One question, though. I could be completely missing it somewhere, but where do you get your endurance charges for Immortal Call from? This is my first serious build to follow, so I may just not understand the mechanic XD

Like @Paranoiac said, we use it for the base duration which helps us survive Porcupine Explosions & Bone Husks :)

"
nacnud1286 wrote:
First off I'm really enjoying this build. Second thank you for taking the time to test and post it.

I do have one question being a very new player (lvl 15 of my first character).

Am i missing where it says all the jems are supposed to be socketed? I understand the order skills and their support jems are triggered in when on a piece of equiptment, but not which piece the jems are supposed to be placed in. For example, do I put the essense drain and corresponding supports on my armor?

If this has already been answered I appologize and would love to know roughly what page of this thread it is on.

Awesome, glad you like it bro!

It doesn't matter where you put the sockets with this build, eventually when you get a 5L you will need that to be in your armour as you can't get 5-6L in your other pieces with this build.

Never apologize for asking questions in my threads, discord or stream. I do my best to help each and everyone.

"
Scotteeh wrote:
Played this for the last week and a half in HHC, was really enjoying it until I ripped at level 90, considering rolling again atm but picking up a +1 Tabula instead while I continue to try and 6L my Cloak of Defiance (5L currently) that I thankfully wasn't wearing :P

Gear when I ripped
Spoiler

Edit: I guess I do have a question too, I currently have a Cloak of Defiance but it's only 5l'd atm, would it be worth the DPS loss to swap to it for use in hardcore and instead buy a second one to try and link, or stay in a Tabula while I try to link it keeping in mind I survived to 90 my first time around still in the Tabula and the death was to a pretty dumb mistake rather than not being tanky enough.

Sorry to hear about the rip bro :/

Honestly, your question comes down to a matter of taste, you'll lose some single target DPS for a rather big defensive buff. Usually when you die with this build it's because you fail at something you shouldn't have. The CoD approach negates "unlucky" situations and also most of the "misstakes" you do as a player. So for hardcore, yeah it would probably be the smartest move. However, since you do want to push for a 6L I personally would stay with Tabula till i hit 6L unless I had a second CoD to work on whilst using the 5L.

Choice is yours! :)

"
tobikk wrote:
Just wanted to share my progress with this build in Harbringer Softcore as I hit level 91.
Really loving it and I don't think so I'll be playing different build in long time.

So currently sitting on 5.5k Life, 1,1k ES and 3k unreserved mana. Bear in mind that there's plenty of room for upgrades as my gear is far from perfect or even very good.[especially my rings, my God are they from act 3? lol] Doing all map mods, all tiers. Didn't try on guardians or shaper just yet but will be preparing to do so.

I went for 5th power charge and Essensce drain damage per second is 42K with 5 frenzy and 5 power charges.

Here's my gear.

Still 5-link Cloak of Defiance as I'm trying to 6-link Cherrubim's. Next thing I'll try to do is craft %chaos damage rings, get better life gear and then perhaps counter the Shaper.

anyway, this build is great. Thank you Ghazzy.

Nice bro, glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Looks awesome bro, thank you <3

"
Influx wrote:
"
Hey,

It does help spread via having increased AoE on Contagion, which is why we want to quality that gem first. However, with Inc. AoE on Contagion as well as the AoE nerfs that hit the game rather recently, speccing into more via the skilltree or gear is not really worth it. I didn't feel it to be worth it before the AoE stacking nerfs either.

The Contagion AoE is the AoE it spreads by after each "kill" as that AoE is placed with the dead enemy as the center of the radius.

Some people prefer to take the AoE nodes, I find them extremely wasteful, more now than ever.

Thanks for the reply and all the work you put into this :).

So it does help a little bit, but would only make a difference, if the second target is pretty far from the first one. The choice is basically between 16% AoE and 20 Int, so its not a huge deal anyway ;).

:)

"
On my second HC playthrough with this build (RIP)

One thing im noticing, MOM doesn't seem to drink mana like it use to during normal play, i feel like i have too much mana and regen for what its worth, and really only go low when its near death and then i just use pots.

Method to the Madness looks really great and i think i can get away with a few less mana related nodes....

Just curious why no method to madness node in the build...it takes you down a path for dex and str which is helpful and you get some chaos resist which is always welcome....is there anything you would sacrifice for it? better than going into the witch start node for the spell dmg?

Basically im thinking of ditching the jewel slots being used for those rot gems, i cant seem to get blight used in a good way during gameplay and the chaos boost is weak, and replace them with other gems that provide functionality, then take the method node (possibly all of it if i can hit the life and chaos reist node by templar)

Managed to get a yellow gem with damage over time 10% cold resist and 5% life, rather have that jewel and the unique with mana regen and move speed than two rots.

Hey,

Sorry to hear about the rip :(

To fully sustain the mitigating effect provided by MoM 30% or even more so with MoM/CoD 40% is to have the proper ammount of unreserved mana, by having less which is more than fine tbh you pose a risk to get connecting hits which won't mitigate anything making the defensive approach risky. But then again, these situations are as you state very very rare and it makes you able to live with much less mana than displayed. The guide is designed to work for new players as well which is why I wanted full sustaining effect of the mitigation provided by MoM :)

Spell DMG VS Chaos DMG both are worth equally for the build so which ever gives you the most damage is the best route. I would sacrifice mana nodes for it as you stated.

"
hellnhavoc wrote:

Hey,

CoD is the tankier approach it makes your MoM effect go up to 40% which skyrockets your eHP and it also provides with much easier mana sustaning thanks to it's regen mod.

You can easily do end-game with CoD, though Cherrubim will do more dps for you.
My recommendation is this:
If you're hardcore => CoD
If you're softcore => Cherrubim

"
faytte wrote:
What belt do you guys use for bosses where rampage from biscos is useless?

Belt of the Deciever :)

"
CaptainCortez wrote:
"
keygy wrote:
"
hellnhavoc wrote:

Does it actually increase it to 60/40 or does the 30% from MoM just overwrite the 10% from the CoD? This is huge if I'm misunderstanding it...

It does not overwrite, no :)
It adds another 10% to the effect, the chest itself gives you the keystone as well so it alone gives you 40% MoM effect. However, we still take the keystone to reach the mana nodes behind it as they are INSANE!

"
fredstars wrote:
If i use allelopathy gloves with the optional gemlink for bosses etc, Can i use those gloves all the time?

Do contagion stil spread my ED?

OR should i have 2x 4L blue and swap out for bosses if i need singletarget?

You can use them at all times.
Contagion will always spread ED.

"
sorlix wrote:
How much str / dex need for this build?

Inc Duration/Fortify is like 111 strength, you don't need to lvl Shield Charge higher.
Faster Attacks is 111 dexterity as well.

Only time these numbers would change is the addition of Vaal Haste which would be 155 Dex at max lvl.

"
Askani127 wrote:
What would be something I can replace Vaal Lightning trap with?

Options:
Vaal Haste
Stone/Flame Golem

Those would be the top choices imo.

"
sorlix wrote:

Im still new to this build. What should i upgrade next? I saw ppl using Cherrubim's Maleficence but its very expensive (500ch) if i want a 6 linked version.

I could recommend getting all other gear pieces then that you buy a non linked Cherrubim and socket & link it yourself :)

I see you lack life on some of your gear pieces which would be an ideal place to start!
Life & Mana are very crucial stats for your survival, though make sure you're still capped in resistances!

"
R4thren wrote:
Hi, Thanks for the guide I have one question, tho.

In the Finished skill-tree you skill mind over matter and as High Budget Gearing you recommend Cloak of Defiance. As far as I know the 2 mind over matter effects don't stack. So is it really worth it getting a Cloak of Defiance when you skilled mind over matter and if yes why? Thanks! :)

Hey,

My pleasure bro!

You're confusion is absolutely justified, the reason we take the MoM Keystone despite wearing CoD is to reach the mana nodes behind to help sustain the mitigating effect provided by MoM. They are pretty much the biggest mana nodes on the entire tree :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey guys can you explain how its work? i have swift affection gem 20 lvl and same gem 19 lvl but 20q. And i dont understand why 20 lvl gem gives more damage then 19 lvl 20q. Why 10% added dot not affect ed?
Spoiler

Last edited by Efed on Sep 3, 2017, 2:06:02 PM
"
Efed wrote:
Hey guys can you explain how its work? i have swift affection gem 20 lvl and same gem 19 lvl but 20q. And i dont understand why 20 lvl gem gives more damage then 19 lvl 20q. Why 10% added dot not affect ed?
Spoiler

Level on gems usually gives a MORE multiplier, while quality gives INCREASE, they are calculated differently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info