GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hey again, which one would you try to 6link? (used ~300 fusings on the second one already and just got the other one).. taking into account the socket colors and ~ more life. i think they are pretty even? (playing softcore)

"
paranoiah wrote:
Hey again, which one would you try to 6link? (used ~300 fusings on the second one already and just got the other one).. taking into account the socket colors and ~ more life. i think they are pretty even? (playing softcore)

Not an expert, but if it were me I'd probably try to 6l the one on the right so I could put empower into it since ED's damage scales so well through leveling. If I didn't want to use empower, but pierce or such instead I'd do the one on the left (which is similar to mine):

I also have a question. How essential is Clarity, especially for maps which you blow through without much threat? Is there an alternative Aura which could be beneficial? Ditto for thoughts on alternative curses to run with blasphemy instead of enfeeble.
5L Cherrubim's Maleficence
or Tabula Rasa ?
"
Mortichar wrote:
"
stephenyang88 wrote:
Having great time with this build, but I have a noob question regarding the cloak of defiance and I wonder if someone can help me.

From the replies I can see that the 'When hit, 10% is taken from Mana' of CoD is extremely beneficial in combination with MoM in the skill tree. However, from what I have seen only the relic version of CoD has this text on it. So does it mean I have to buy a relic CoD in order to gain the 40% MoM effect? Or does the new version without the text also has this additional 10% effect?

Thanks!

Don't know where you're seeing it be relic only, the 10% mod was added back to the cloak of defiance with 3.0. It's on all new dropped cloaks now.

Got it, thanks. I guess the confusion comes from all the available CoD on poe.trade not showing the '10%' text, where only green ones showed it.

So does it mean I am good with this one I got?

"
stephenyang88 wrote:
"
Mortichar wrote:
"
stephenyang88 wrote:
Having great time with this build, but I have a noob question regarding the cloak of defiance and I wonder if someone can help me.

From the replies I can see that the 'When hit, 10% is taken from Mana' of CoD is extremely beneficial in combination with MoM in the skill tree. However, from what I have seen only the relic version of CoD has this text on it. So does it mean I have to buy a relic CoD in order to gain the 40% MoM effect? Or does the new version without the text also has this additional 10% effect?

Thanks!

Don't know where you're seeing it be relic only, the 10% mod was added back to the cloak of defiance with 3.0. It's on all new dropped cloaks now.

Got it, thanks. I guess the confusion comes from all the available CoD on poe.trade not showing the '10%' text, where only green ones showed it.

Looks like you're in Standard league and that's one of the old versions of CoD, so I'm guessing that would not work. You need one that has been dropped since 3.0 launched.
"
Alzeryon wrote:
"
paranoiah wrote:

Not an expert, but if it were me I'd probably try to 6l the one on the right so I could put empower into it since ED's damage scales so well through leveling. If I didn't want to use empower, but pierce or such instead I'd do the one on the left (which is similar to mine):

I also have a question. How essential is Clarity, especially for maps which you blow through without much threat? Is there an alternative Aura which could be beneficial? Ditto for thoughts on alternative curses to run with blasphemy instead of enfeeble.

that makes sense, thanks.
i will use the left one with 5 links while i try to 6l the right one and use it with empower... so many fusings :P

as to you question, i dont use clarity anylonger since i dont have any sockets left. i dont have any problems in t15 maps (if there are not too many bad mods). i like to run temporal chains with blasphemy

i also dont use cwdt with increased duration anylonger and combined cwdt and blasphemy in a 4 link:
for softcore, spreading rot over grand spectrum for more damage maybe? adds a good 25k to overall dps
BIG WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!

"
Efed wrote:
Hey guys can you explain how its work? i have swift affection gem 20 lvl and same gem 19 lvl but 20q. And i dont understand why 20 lvl gem gives more damage then 19 lvl 20q. Why 10% added dot not affect ed?
Spoiler

What @Phosphenez said :)
"MORE" is multiplicative in the calculation of your damage whilst "increased" is additive.

"
paranoiah wrote:
hey! first of all, thanks for the great guide guide, i am having a lot of fun with it. currently im lvl 89 and doing T14/15 maps without problems. found my first guardian map as well and will give it a try soon :)

so now i just got this new helmet and i was wondering if it would be worth it to switch the colors to 2 blue 2 red? it might take a lot of chromatics.

right now i have a similar one but without the 40% blight dmg enchant. will the 40% blight dmg be a great boost for bosses? i am using blight with the gloves as an active spell:

edit: if i were to replace increased duration on the 2blue 2red spell totem- wither setup with a green support gem, which one would you use?

Well, I wouldn't want to replace the inc duration tbh.

Regarding the sockets I will forward you to my craft & currency guide series on youtube which show you a neat trick of using Vorici bench / jewellers to get as many off-colors as you want for almost nothing compared to the massive cost of chromatics in your situation.

https://youtu.be/NE-DX_5uIe0

"
Askani127 wrote:
Is there a BiS list for the build somewhere? Assuming there is no currency restrictions. I just started and wanted to see what the very end game gear would be

Well, it depends on what you would prefer to run with and how the rare items would look.

My personal preference is to get a +1 rolled Tabula even for hardcore and run with the MoM keystone and depending on the rest of my gearing I might find myself in a situation needing 3x Grand Spectrum Cobalt Jewels to sustain the mitigating effect provided by 30% MoM. If that's the case, then 3x of those jewels.
2x Spreading Rot if I felt the need for Allelopathy gloves using blight vs bosses despite having a +1 Tabula 6L rolling.
ED Damage enchanted helmet.
Again if my damage is sufficient I would consider strongly picking up "The Aylardex" amulet for even better sustain of my MoM as well as increasing the mitigation a bit.

If I wanted more defence but still maintaining high DPS then Cherrubim would be a wise choice, and if I rather have high eHP and feel fine with the damage output, then CoD would be the next step which would make the Grand Spectrum Jewels mandatory.

Weapon would probably be BoTC unless I find a completely insane spell dmg mace or dagger which would go above that of BoTC damage providing numbers.

---------

@Paranoiac:
Thank you <3

---------

"
dixa wrote:
considered a pledge of hands? only needs 6 sockets, not 6 links and allows for leap slam

Pledge of Hands would only help mana a bit as Spell Echo is completely wasted. DMG can be provided by wep/shield so.
However, Shield Charge will always be TONS faster than Leap Slam, specially with PoH!

"
Askani127 wrote:
I'm pretty new so bare with me. I just got Allelopathy and the guide says to put the contagion 4 gems in it. But in the post I see a lot of the gloves with a different setup. With mostly support gems. Which is correct?

It's a matter of taste, I prefer it one way, others prefer it differently :)

"
Bruizer wrote:
Really enjoying the build, great for uber lab farming.
Question, why does the ED enchant (40%) only grant me like 4% increased damage over time on tool tip (65k to 63K)?
Is this accurate? Seems pretty useless if this is the case...
Any other recommended enchantments?

Increased modifiers are additive whilst "more" modifiers are multiplicative, most of our modifiers we are using are "more" based which is why you feel that increased modifiers are not being that visible.

The enchant is still #1 imo.

"
xFlameKnightx wrote:
Hey Ghazzy

Pretty awesome build, was super easy to level and fun to play.
I've reached lvl 79 now and trying to work out what should be the next upgrade/s to get. I currently have around 50C that i can spend, and don't know which item i should upgrade first.

Character: A_New_Shadow
Gear:
Spoiler

Elemental res's are all capped, and sitting at 3.7k life, 700 es and 1.7k total unreserved mana (2.8k total) .

Edit: fixed mana numbers
Edit 2: with breath of the Council, is there a noticeable dmg difference between a low chaos rolled and high rolled?
With the chaos dmg rings/amulets, is it worth just buying the essences and crafting instead of buying crafted ring/amulets via trade?

Sorry the bunch of questions, just trying to make the right gear choices to get this char as far as possible onto endgame 😊

Hey,

Cheers, glad you like it bro!

Life feels a bit low.

Since you have a Tabula I would focus on all the rare items & weapon before changing that imo. Even a +1 Tabula works perfectly fine for end-game with this build.

BoTC rolls between 80-100% so not too big of a difference but yeah the higher the better of course!

Regarding Envy crafting, I would only do it manually if I had a lot of currency and wanted perfect rings tbh. So my recommendation is to purcahse already rolled ones, if you can't find any for reasonable prices, then skip the added chaos damage.

Never apologize for asking questions in my stream, discord or youtube. You are more than welcome with as many questions as you need :)

"
stephenyang88 wrote:

Thanks!

Hey,

Glad you like it bro!

The new version has that included :)

"
Alzeryon wrote:
"
paranoiah wrote:

Seems correct to me regarding the Cherrubim decision.

Well, the higher regen you have the better you are at sustaining the mitigating effect provided by MoM. Though it's not mandatory, however, the little reservation it does is barely noticable and the regen makes up for it ten times over.

Curse preference in my personal taste:
Enfeeble > TC > Vulnerability (Keep in mind that Vulnerability should come from Witchfire Brew or any +1 curse item).

"
DS_DV wrote:
5L Cherrubim's Maleficence
or Tabula Rasa ?

With Empower lvl 3 or higher => Tabula Rasa without a doubt
Without Empower lvl 3 or higher => 5L Cherrubim.

"
stephenyang88 wrote:
"
Mortichar wrote:
"
stephenyang88 wrote:

Thanks!

What @Alzeryon said, your character profile is set to private but it does look like you're playing Standard league which can have Cloak of Defiances that does not have that mod as betwen the "legacy" version and the launch of 3.0 the additional 10% was not a mod on that item. Since 3.0 launch all CoDs has that mod, which are the only ones available in the challenge leagues, standard is different!

"
dixa wrote:
for softcore, spreading rot over grand spectrum for more damage maybe? adds a good 25k to overall dps

+1

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
hey hit 81 with this build and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how i can progress my character i'm having issues getting past tier 13 maps in terms on hp and damage

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/diablo184/characters?charactername=Jondace
"
diablo184 wrote:
hey hit 81 with this build and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how i can progress my character i'm having issues getting past tier 13 maps in terms on hp and damage

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/diablo184/characters?charactername=Jondace

You have 8 life nodes in your tree that you can put points into with no extra costs, and a nice belt could add 100 hp before bonuses. Your rings and amulet don't have life on them either. same with boots but that would be harder to upgrade cause you want the 30% ms. For damage try experimenting with allelopathy gloves, they help me a ton on bosses, however i'm not sure the best gem setup is with them yet.

Why did you take the precision node at Templar instead of life?

and if you want even more life, you can cut out the increased aoe nodes and head to the scion hp nodes.
Last edited by Paranoiac on Sep 4, 2017, 11:01:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info