The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed - cheap!

would you prefer 12% attack speed enchantment on boots or 0.5% leech?
"
ImHonest wrote:
would you prefer 12% attack speed enchantment on boots or 0.5% leech?

Leech, with it, you can do any mana nerf mode map
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
rel4us wrote:
"
Crovaxx wrote:
What about skipping EK for Empower?.. higher lvl spark and pulse will give huge dmg boost?

Think about this: 33% of damage is FP, 33% of damage is SPARK and 33% of damage is EK.

Now, if you remove EK, and put allmost any support gem, even empower lvl 4, you will get 40% max ore damage for FP and SPARK, so math say that one more spell is more damage then any support gem.

The three spells doesnt do equal damage, so it is not quite correct to simply split the total damage we do into 33% for each spell.
It just feels like EK does far less damage than FP and spark.
bängan is bängan.
"
rel4us wrote:
I did, and I will be happy if you upload a video of your build, for me to see the play style,

also, look at my videos, and tell me what you think is different in the play style.

ty

Alright, here's a video. Please don't laugh at the seditionist part, I thought I had my curse flask on me at the time, haha. It's just a gorge, but figured it would be fine just to see how it goes. I'd show a higher level map, but I've been running in a group of friends and don't really have many of my own at the moment.

Clicky

Sorry about the occasional freezes, my game's been doing that a lot lately when loading new assets. More than it used to, anyway. Also not usually quite this careless around high damage map mods.
"
Crovaxx wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
"
Crovaxx wrote:
What about skipping EK for Empower?.. higher lvl spark and pulse will give huge dmg boost?

Think about this: 33% of damage is FP, 33% of damage is SPARK and 33% of damage is EK.

Now, if you remove EK, and put allmost any support gem, even empower lvl 4, you will get 40% max ore damage for FP and SPARK, so math say that one more spell is more damage then any support gem.

The three spells doesnt do equal damage, so it is not quite correct to simply split the total damage we do into 33% for each spell.
It just feels like EK does far less damage than FP and spark.

1. physical damage has no resists
2. is has about the same tolltip like spark
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
"
JohnLG wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
I did, and I will be happy if you upload a video of your build, for me to see the play style,

also, look at my videos, and tell me what you think is different in the play style.

ty

Alright, here's a video. Please don't laugh at the seditionist part, I thought I had my curse flask on me at the time, haha. It's just a gorge, but figured it would be fine just to see how it goes. I'd show a higher level map, but I've been running in a group of friends and don't really have many of my own at the moment.

Clicky

Sorry about the occasional freezes, my game's been doing that a lot lately when loading new assets. More than it used to, anyway. Also not usually quite this careless around high damage map mods.

I saw it, it works :D - you have better game skills then me

two things I think you need to consider:

1. barrage has knockback, it's a huge defence
2. seems like the single target is the weakness in your build, if it's not 1 shoot it's abit of a problem, my style may have slower clear speed, but it is alot better for single targets, try the set up I did, tell me what you think.
Technically I could get knockback with blast rain as well if I took king of the hill, I just didn't feel it was worth the points and it may actually be counter productive if it knocks them out of the blast radius. That is a good point for barrage if you're going in that direction.

Single target wise, I have to disagree. You're probably losing on average at least two of the barrage hits due to the CoC cooldown, and the delay between hits is the only difference between the two skills for single targets unless you're running GMP, which would only exacerbate the cooldown problem. The main (and it can in some circumstances be quite noticeable) problem with blast rain's single target is the bit of delay if you're fighting a very mobile target (like the Gorge boss, although in the video I didn't actually see him until he was dead due to all the ridiculous Perandus mob junk.)

There's also a bit of an opportunity cost involved with the barrage setup in that the volley fire gems are taking the place of what could be another 7% life and mana on hit/crit multi etc, although I suppose that's not too big of a deal. Barrage is just fun, you get to leave arrows everywhere. Honestly that was one of the main draws for me when originally planning the character. I wanted to leave arrows all over the place.

Here's a graph I dug up from a guy who did some testing on barrage's cooldown problem. This was done with GMP socketed so your setup shouldn't be affected as much as this, but you are attacking faster as well. Blast rain also suffers a bit from the cooldown, but it's definitely far more spread out on average.
Last edited by JohnLG on Mar 18, 2016, 5:26:40 AM
"
JohnLG wrote:
Technically I could get knockback with blast rain as well if I took king of the hill, I just didn't feel it was worth the points and it may actually be counter productive if it knocks them out of the blast radius. That is a good point for barrage if you're going in that direction.

Single target wise, I have to disagree. You're probably losing on average at least two of the barrage hits due to the CoC cooldown, and the delay between hits is the only difference between the two skills for single targets unless you're running GMP, which would only exacerbate the cooldown problem. The main (and it can in some circumstances be quite noticeable) problem with blast rain's single target is the bit of delay if you're fighting a very mobile target (like the Gorge boss, although in the video I didn't actually see him until he was dead due to all the ridiculous Perandus mob junk.)

There's also a bit of an opportunity cost involved with the barrage setup in that the volley fire gems are taking the place of what could be another 7% life and mana on hit/crit multi etc, although I suppose that's not too big of a deal. Barrage is just fun, you get to leave arrows everywhere. Honestly that was one of the main draws for me when originally planning the character. I wanted to leave arrows all over the place.

Here's a graph I dug up from a guy who did some testing on barrage's cooldown problem. This was done with GMP socketed so your setup shouldn't be affected as much as this, but you are attacking faster as well. Blast rain also suffers a bit from the cooldown, but it's definitely far more spread out on average.

My setup is:

crit chance - 83%

chance to hit - 92%

CoC chance - 69%

AS - 5.35 X 6 arrows per attack - 32 shoots (not including the volley fire add)

so on a single target with that setup I CoC 15 times,

with blast rain it will be the same if the foe is not moving, tha is from my testing,

I died many times trying this skill, barrage is better in defence + the lots of arrows in every wall in the screen :D
I still think you're underestimating barrage's unfortunate interaction with the CoC cooldown, but the simple damage per second was mostly what I was talking about anyway. I can see that there are good secondary benefits of barrage, especially with your build that has King of the Hill. I think it's usually more comfortable to use than blast rain and is a lot better in PvP. Any potential damage lost vs. blast rain can definitely be made up for in other ways.

I think I'll do some real testing to see how barrage CoC is doing vs. Blast Rain with the CoC cooldown these days. I'd wager it's a pretty significant difference. Obviously barrage is a completely viable and good skill to use, I'm just curious about the actual numbers here, since I've played barrage wander CoC for a long time.
Why such a large mana regeneration?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info