The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed - cheap!

Quick question: Should i get the life nodes first after i got all the crit nodes? Or do i need accuracy and evasion first? And the Gem sockets for lategame?

My Tree looks like this so far:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQDBAx4DlgW1DY0RLxa_G8gfQSF2Iuoj9iT9JpUqCysKMHEwfDY9OdQ6QjsoSn1LV0t4TZJRR1VLW69d8l-wYENh4mKsbIxtbG49b55v8nBSdwd_K4MJhFOGzocTh3aJ04wLjDaNfY2_m7WcpJ2qoJ-jirVIuXzA48EzwzrKStQj3ajjhOOf51TndOjW6xTssO4O8bP8xf_e?accountName=Kaktuskiller&characterName=Skullcrackz

I have 10 Points to spend what should i do?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by Kaktuskiller on Mar 18, 2016, 9:12:09 PM
"
JohnLG wrote:
"
Nickodemus wrote:
rel4us, like JohnLG wrote - Blast Rain feels really, really solid and fast compared to Barrage, though the downside would be having to lose King of the Hill and I don't possibly see how we'll regain that 100% increased crit from nodes at all.

EDIT: Also, on the note of Shadow. You sure we'll lose crit? Deadly Infusion is quite the high crit chance increase just by itself.

Alright, I did some testing on the barrage vs. blast rain issue this morning.

Under no circumstances could I get more than 2 casts per attack on a single target with barrage. It's possible that you could coax a third cast if you had the +1 arrow helmet enchantment, but I didn't have one to test with. On packs, it would also occasionally produce a third cast if the enemies were staggered so that one of the arrows would hit later.

Blast rain achieved four casts per shot on a fairly regular basis considering the chance to cast on CoC. On packs it got all four casts almost every time.

That being said, the instant nature of barrage's hits shouldn't be underestimated for safety purposes. It will keep you safer than blast rain in most instances, and I'd say it is a worthy alternative as long as you are still killing everything pretty much instantly.

I think I'll continue to use blast rain in PvE simply because I love doing as much damage as possible (as evidenced by playing in softcore and having a bit less defense than OP's build).

Thank you for doing the tests,

I have 6 arrows per shoor (quiver and helmet), and I shoot 5.35 per sec,

with bloodrage, I get to allmost 7 casts, do it times 3 and you will get to max casts pes sec,

Blast rain do it easier, but abit less safe, don't know if there is a correct answer which is better,

but bouth fun :D
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
hi, i respecced my scion for this build.

i was a bit disapointe at first because i had no kaoms and with your tree i ended with something like 2.4k life.
my ek did 2.2k dmg compared to your 5.5k, my fp did 2.6k compared to your 9k lol and my crit chance was like 40% compared to your 80.

i also wouldnt call this a cheap build with kaoms and a 6l quill.

anyway, i tried to fix it and found a few alternatives.

life:

first off i switched to thiefs torment because to me the insane aps was begging for life gain on hit and it also fixes any mana problems.

the ring offered soooo much life and mana on hit,it felt like a mini vaal pact.
it made me switch to use my 5L cloak of defiance (legacy 40% MoM)and it synergizes really well.

DPS:

with rigwalds quills i gained a ton of damage, especially vs packs (as if single target wasnt the problem with coc hah).
i dont know how folks link items but you might be able to see it on my char list? on my lvl 82 scion.
basically it says projectiles fork and it offers another +7 LGOH summing up to 32 life and 15 mana on hit.
also LGOH gem solved all reflect problems in maps, thought my dps is much lower than your so likely it wont work with fp doing 9k dmg.

i have also used 4 points to spec into 50% projectiles pierce nodes near shadow to see if i can trigger more casts that way but im not sure if it helped anything tbh, its like 5 days ago.

perhaps piecre and fork even conflict each other? meaning projectiles dont fork if a shot pierces?

i wanna keep the fork in though, it provides a shotgunning effect where a pack gets hit multiple times by one EK, thus the big dmg increase.
also i dont thnik i need to explain spark in tight spaces and projectiles forking :)

ah i also use HoT, curse on hit, assasins mark because i found using it with blasphemy wasnt working well as i attack from far away.

anyway, thatnks for the build, was kinda fun playing coc again after several years

Last edited by l2ebel on Mar 19, 2016, 5:22:46 AM
I would like to share my enchants I've managed to get yesterday. I think both are very good for this build:

I just need that additional barrage projectiles on helmet, but it's so hard to obtain :-)

Thanks for all the tips, now I got exact 7000 HP with max resists capped.
Hello, I want to comment on what you said:

hi, i respecced my scion for this build.

i was a bit disapointe at first because i had no kaoms and with your tree i ended with something like 2.4k life. - with tabula rasa you suld have about 4.5K life, what is your gear?
my ek did 2.2k dmg compared to your 5.5k, my fp did 2.6k compared to your 9k lol and my crit chance was like 40% compared to your 80. - again, I want to see your gear & tree, something sound very wrong

i also wouldnt call this a cheap build with kaoms and a 6l quill. - then use tabula rasa + unlinked quill rain and call it that :D that is how I leveled

anyway, i tried to fix it and found a few alternatives.

life:

first off i switched to thiefs torment because to me the insane aps was begging for life gain on hit and it also fixes any mana problems. - you will have more life with 2 elreon rings with master craft life, and you will be able to do all map mods

the ring offered soooo much life and mana on hit,it felt like a mini vaal pact.
it made me switch to use my 5L cloak of defiance (legacy 40% MoM)and it synergizes really well. - It's a nice Idae but alot less defence

DPS:

with rigwalds quills i gained a ton of damage, especially vs packs (as if single target wasnt the problem with coc hah). - that quiver is standart only item, It will be very nice if i had it, but I play perandus, also, this build have no problem with single target
i dont know how folks link items but you might be able to see it on my char list? on my lvl 82 scion.
basically it says projectiles fork and it offers another +7 LGOH summing up to 32 life and 15 mana on hit.
also LGOH gem solved all reflect problems in maps, thought my dps is much lower than your so likely it wont work with fp doing 9k dmg. - If you had my DPS, you had to use vaal pact, LGON will not do the trick

i have also used 4 points to spec into 50% projectiles pierce nodes near shadow to see if i can trigger more casts that way but im not sure if it helped anything tbh, its like 5 days ago.

perhaps piecre and fork even conflict each other? meaning projectiles dont fork if a shot pierces? - pirce + fork don't end up well together, for it will do one of the two

i wanna keep the fork in though, it provides a shotgunning effect where a pack gets hit multiple times by one EK, thus the big dmg increase.
also i dont thnik i need to explain spark in tight spaces and projectiles forking :)

ah i also use HoT, curse on hit, assasins mark because i found using it with blasphemy wasnt working well as i attack from far away. - Do you use assassin's ascendancy on the scion? if you do, you will have power charges always, and everything will be knocked back if it is close to you

anyway, thatnks for the build, was kinda fun playing coc again after several years - It is my pleasure
"
Sirfar wrote:
I would like to share my enchants I've managed to get yesterday. I think both are very good for this build:

I just need that additional barrage projectiles on helmet, but it's so hard to obtain :-)

Thanks for all the tips, now I got exact 7000 HP with max resists capped.

Wow, you have nice gear :D

I'm happy to see I made a build so many like here :D
I levelled a character using this build up to merciless; I switched to CoC with a tabula rasa at around 45 and had insane dps with that setup and quill bow, but so far no luck with 6 (or even 5) linking the quill bow after 200 chaos spent or so.

I think I'll shelve this character and go do another Arc build for now, though.. this build has impressive dps and is a ton of fun to play but I am not convinced I can reach past 90 with it on HC. It doesn't feel as well thought out defensively, relying purely on a bit of dodge and not getting hit.

I'll keep following this thread though, if anyone else makes the attempt or has any advice to up survivability. GL :)
"
Reloads wrote:

you have a few problems:

1. you left all the life nodes to the end, it's ok IF YOU HAVE KAOMS HEART
2. your ammy is bad, look for one with more life and str
3. you can get kaom's low roll for 1ex now, why not just get it? sell the tabula for 20c and add 60c more

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info