The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed - cheap!

"
JohnLG wrote:
I still think you're underestimating barrage's unfortunate interaction with the CoC cooldown, but the simple damage per second was mostly what I was talking about anyway. I can see that there are good secondary benefits of barrage, especially with your build that has King of the Hill. I think it's usually more comfortable to use than blast rain and is a lot better in PvP. Any potential damage lost vs. blast rain can definitely be made up for in other ways.

I think I'll do some real testing to see how barrage CoC is doing vs. Blast Rain with the CoC cooldown these days. I'd wager it's a pretty significant difference. Obviously barrage is a completely viable and good skill to use, I'm just curious about the actual numbers here, since I've played barrage wander CoC for a long time.

cool, i want to hear after you test it
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
Indkiess wrote:
Why such a large mana regeneration?

mana regen?

I have 14 mana regen, and I don't need that also,

I didn't get you
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
Guys i want to know if it is doable to make this build work for shadow too? Since i have a lvl 90 shadow and don't really wanna lvl a new scion :)
"
NeBuLa199 wrote:
Guys i want to know if it is doable to make this build work for shadow too? Since i have a lvl 90 shadow and don't really wanna lvl a new scion :)

yes, there is:

take the elemental damage at the start of the shadow, don't take the attack speed and jewel of the scion.

put a life leech gem and not increased critical strikes,

and there you have it :)
Ok so this would be the skilltree i would use for my Shadow build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAx4FLQW1CC4NjQ3REJIRLxa_GY4byB9BIXYi6iM2I_Yk_SaVKgsqOCsKLlMwcTB8MjI2PTfUOdQ6Qj7PQzFFfEd-S1dLeEz_TZJOKlFHUxBVS1uvXfJfsGBDYeJirGNDZU1sjG1sbj1vnm_ycFJ07XXLdwd67311fyuDCYTFhs6HE4nTjAuMNo19jX6Nv5eXm7WcpJ2qoJ-jiqR4tDi5fLvjvG-9Nr3mvoC-p8DjwTPB1cM6xKLKSs2Yz93Tb9N-1CPZhtrB3aje-OOE5RnnVOd06NbqYuyw7T_tg-4O73rxivGz-_X8xf66_94=

Anything you would change?

Oh and will i still have enough crit even without the crit chance gem?
Last edited by NeBuLa199 on Mar 18, 2016, 12:51:20 PM
"
NeBuLa199 wrote:
Ok so this would be the skilltree i would use for my Shadow build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAx4FLQW1CC4NjQ3REJIRLxa_GY4byB9BIXYi6iM2I_Yk_SaVKgsqOCsKLlMwcTB8MjI2PTfUOdQ6Qj7PQzFFfEd-S1dLeEz_TZJOKlFHUxBVS1uvXfJfsGBDYeJirGNDZU1sjG1sbj1vnm_ycFJ07XXLdwd67311fyuDCYTFhs6HE4nTjAuMNo19jX6Nv5eXm7WcpJ2qoJ-jiqR4tDi5fLvjvG-9Nr3mvoC-p8DjwTPB1cM6xKLKSs2Yz93Tb9N-1CPZhtrB3aje-OOE5RnnVOd06NbqYuyw7T_tg-4O73rxivGz-_X8xf66_94=

Anything you would change?

Oh and will i still have enough crit even without the crit chance gem?

I changed the tree abit:

the changes are:

1. more frenzy charge
2. 60 more str (you will need it, trust me, the scion 40 str node is a life changing tech :D )
3. 30 mre int (allso)

about the crit chance, you will have abit less, but it will work, don't worry
rel4us, like JohnLG wrote - Blast Rain feels really, really solid and fast compared to Barrage, though the downside would be having to lose King of the Hill and I don't possibly see how we'll regain that 100% increased crit from nodes at all.

Feels like far too big a loss to be worth it on the crit side, as if you run KotH you'll lose a lot of single target on tankier bosses with BR over Barrage. Do you have any ideas how it could possibly be done while maintaining crit, because I don't.

EDIT: Also, on the note of Shadow. You sure we'll lose crit? Deadly Infusion is quite the high crit chance increase just by itself.

EDIT 2: I also remembered - that also opens 2 additional jewel slots, which can be pretty big defensively or offensively. Blast Rain could be a very interesting thing to work with.
Last edited by Nickodemus on Mar 18, 2016, 6:40:07 PM
"
Nickodemus wrote:
rel4us, like JohnLG wrote - Blast Rain feels really, really solid and fast compared to Barrage, though the downside would be having to lose King of the Hill and I don't possibly see how we'll regain that 100% increased crit from nodes at all.

Feels like far too big a loss to be worth it on the crit side, as if you run KotH you'll lose a lot of single target on tankier bosses with BR over Barrage. Do you have any ideas how it could possibly be done while maintaining crit, because I don't.

EDIT: Also, on the note of Shadow. You sure we'll lose crit? Deadly Infusion is quite the high crit chance increase just by itself.

EDIT 2: I also remembered - that also opens 2 additional jewel slots, which can be pretty big defensively or offensively. Blast Rain could be a very interesting thing to work with.

you can do this tree:

and use Lioneye's Fall in the left jewel,

but i think there is a lack of increased damage,

need some work, tell me if you can come out with something
updated DPS:

Corrent stats - no frenzy charges or atziri's flask screenshoots:

Spoiler
EK:
Spoiler

FP:
Spoiler

sperk:
Spoiler

DPS: 9064 + 4659 + 5558 = 19281/hit
single target DPS - 19281 X 15/casts = 289215 X 1.5 (shock) = 433822 X 1.2(assassin's mark) = 520587
packs DPS - 19281 X 20/casts = 385620 X 1.5(shock) = 578430 X 1.2(assassin's mark) = 694116
with 3 frenzy charges it's X 1.12, with flask it's X 1.18

EDIT: note that with diamond flask i cast 20 spells on a single target

Last edited by rel4us on Mar 18, 2016, 7:35:08 PM
"
Nickodemus wrote:

Alright, I did some testing on the barrage vs. blast rain issue this morning.

Under no circumstances could I get more than 2 casts per attack on a single target with barrage. It's possible that you could coax a third cast if you had the +1 arrow helmet enchantment, but I didn't have one to test with. On packs, it would also occasionally produce a third cast if the enemies were staggered so that one of the arrows would hit later.

Blast rain achieved four casts per shot on a fairly regular basis considering the chance to cast on CoC. On packs it got all four casts almost every time.

That being said, the instant nature of barrage's hits shouldn't be underestimated for safety purposes. It will keep you safer than blast rain in most instances, and I'd say it is a worthy alternative as long as you are still killing everything pretty much instantly.

I think I'll continue to use blast rain in PvE simply because I love doing as much damage as possible (as evidenced by playing in softcore and having a bit less defense than OP's build).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info