Master Crafting Metamods

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
feeder_animal wrote:
Well, I got this

and I was just wondering if there isn't some king of recipe/mod combination that would allow me remove some shit (crit is shit for me) and add the +dmg. It would be great to have something to make the "mirrored" puff.

While I was thinking about it, something else came to mind: what if you have an item that has all the suffixes full, you craft on it "prefixes cannot be changed" and you exalt it. If this is possible,you'd add another suffix and you'd end up with an item that has +1/+2 suffixes and no prefixes.Two days ago, this would just made me laugh but now that the scouring orb does not remove everything, this seems possible.

Try it out and if it works profit from it :)

Although I have 2 ex and same other orbs that I believe would be enough, I just don't have the internet speed to do it (2 weeks since my last login).

PS: the right reply should have been: Don't waste your currency people :)
Some people really blow things out of all proportion, shame on you! Forgetting the fact that its just a game and not even one where you really compete against each other, I can't believe the number of people that have felt offended by GGG.

Qarl at best probably shouldn't have erased the post but who 1) doesnt make mistakes? 2) has clairvoyance?
(If a developer is helping a guild that is not cool (but I don't believe this happens directly), but far less cool and where some of the anger is understandable is people not sharing recipes/tricks. Of course the personal motivation/benefit is 'understandable' but its a game that depends on inter-community help to thrive! Kudos to the person who finally brought it to light, integrity ftw!). This is not an econ game, its an arpg people!!

Summarising, I feel that those that feel so angered should maybe take a step back and cool down and think it through. Does GGG even have any real blame beyond an easy to understand mistake? Would any other developer openly come out and broach the topic? Don't stop supporting the game that you love because some players care more about their personal 'wealth' than being honest!! ;)
PoE has always had this sandbox aspect, and it's been clear the devs intended the economy to be harsh, just like Wraeclast itself. It's part of the game, it's part of GGG's vision. Why do people think this is a big deal? You've basically been deluding yourself thinking the game should be balanced after self found people, or people who aren't clever enough to figure out this shit themselves.

"Oh but hurr durr I cant get money the rich only get richer insert more meaningless excuses etc etc". There are plenty of other ARPG's without any active online economy. Play those. There's something for everyone.
IGN : Jovial
The way you handle this is very sketchy.

I as a player feel so screwed over, and if i could get a refund from all my MTX's i would and never look back.

This is just sad
"
Globby wrote:

Basically, you endorse and encourage deceptive, scammy behavior. You are approving when elite few players lie to the rest of the community and spread misinformation.

I am not sure I want to be a part of this community when it is norm to lie to others for profit, when this behavior is even encouraged by the devs themselves.

no, he leaves it up to the player base to decide if they share or shaft, thats a very different thing to encouraging.

Its a role playing game, you are not mr jack nice civilized man living in 2015 dealing with mr john nice bloke with wife and kids. We are marauders, cut throats, murderers, child killers, criminals, exiled to an unforgiving land of nightmare and suffering and we get by in the manner we see fit. We form alliances, we help each other, or we kill each other, we deceive and manipulate. Think of the characters you meet in the world as an extension of the game, characters in the world of wraeclast, thats what its all about.

Im not a fan of extremely negative grieving, people mass pking at the bandits, scamming and stealing from other players, intentionally fucking with them etc, I find that unpleasant. Keeping a trick a secret though? Come on people, thats hardly going out of your way to ruin someones day by stealing their stuff or killing their character in hardcore. If you found it out then you took a risk and you got your reward. We dont know if Ventor knew the trick or simply presumed it didnt work and was wrong, ultimately it doesnt matter. Ventor is a cool guy. I got nothing against him, if he lied to try and protect the secret thats cheeky, sure, impish, but so what, its such a tame little fib. Id take more issue with someone scamming a noob by conning an exalt off them for 5 chaos orbs than I would with what Ventor did regardless of the potential profit in it for him. If you stumble on some info that lets you get an inside on the likely outcome of a sporting event, you dont tell anyone, make a bet and win £10,000 then Im ok with that, well played. If you mug a kid for his £5 pocket money then imo you are scum and I have a problem with you. Its not about the sum of money involved.

So hes a crafty little rouge, big deal, I think its hilarious and Id shake his hand and say well played if I ever met him.

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:
It would be really nice to see Chris and/or some other devs have some balls and admit the deletion of Qarl's post was wrong move on their part. Of course this assumes they believe it was wrong to begin with...and if they don't, then well I guess that will be the end of that.

It not the wrong move, they want players to figure it out themselves. Qarl made a mistake by posting that information thus he deleted it 10 minutes later. Shit happens.

ya exactly Xav, and its such an innocent, well meaning mistake too. How you gonna hate on someone or get upset over something like that? Intentions are what make a person who they are, a mistaken action made for a benevolent reason is not something to get upset about. Like everyone here hasnt done something wrong in their life, made a gaff, if youre a good person who means well no well adjusted grownup is going to hold that against you.

Come on guys, lets get realistic here. It boils down to this, if they changed the mechanic in 2.0 without telling anyone then that would have been under handed and questionable. They didnt, thats all that matters, no wrong doing involved. Letting the player base discover information and decide what to do with it is a core aspect of the game, you should know this by now, if its not something you like youve had 2 and a half years to challenge it, if this has inspired you to challenge it fine. But dont act like GGG have suddenly done something shady that was unexpected and out of character that isnt in keeping with the game so far.
This game makes me feel more and more hopeless as time goes by ... exalts are stupid rare and now Its even harder for me to get an exalt ... T.T ....
Hey...is this thing on?
"That's part of the fun of trading." Trading...fun? In PoE?

bahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahaha!

Good one Chris.
I quite like the player discovery method GGG is using. Nothing wrong with letting players who risk currency and are able to decipher the rules benefit.

Seems most people are just unhappy other players profited, rather than themselves. Next time try something new rather than waiting for it to appear on the wiki. You may be the next player to find a new development.

And if you don't have the playtime to get to the top of the league, that's ok. I am quite happy playing the game and I have maybe 3 exalts to my name.

Good job GGG, don't listen to the players who want their top level gameplay all spelled out on the wiki for them.
/
Last edited by tslt on Jul 14, 2018, 7:45:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info