Master Crafting Metamods

"
GGG will not comment on any of the accusations in any thread
on this forums,why? Because GGG:s "Modus operandi" has always been
to keep quiet untill anything that needs an answer or a simple clarification
falls into oblivion.

Ilove the game,but the company's interaction with "p.o.e fans" here on these
forums has been "piss poor."

GGG:s only treatment to any "hullabaloo" is the silent treatment.

Above quote said by your's truly.

I have to apologisze to GGG,you did respond,thanks for that.

I really hope this was not a one time occurrence,and i do belive that
many with me wishes for more interaction from GGG with the community(forums.)

If for no other reason,it shows us that you care,silence does not.
It would be really nice to see Chris and/or some other devs have some balls and admit the deletion of Qarl's post was wrong move on their part. Of course this assumes they believe it was wrong to begin with...and if they don't, then well I guess that will be the end of that.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
Orb of Scouring says "Removes all properties from an item"! Why doesn't it remove mods that are locked?

The purpose of Mods is to override the regular game rules. If you have an item that says "You Can't Be Frozen", then that overrules the game rules that freeze you. In this case, the "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" mod that you can explicitly add to an item overrules the static behaviour of the Orb of Scouring. Removal counts as a change.

So a meta-crafting mod is not a "property of an item" - ok but from where i should guess this?

Maybe a description like "Removes all prefixes and suffixes from an item" is more accurate...
Come on Chris... failing at reading comprehension and having enough currency to gamble it experimenting is not "cleverness". Only someone who failed at reading comprehension would attempt trying this after reading the patch notes and in-game descriptions. It was poor wording which helped all this fiasco.

Anyway, for me the only wrong thing about all this is the deletion of Qarl Reddit post, for points being pounded all over this thread. Shit happens, but is something which happens to companies managing online games too often and is rather amateurish.

The solution is a s simple as establishing some internal guidelines and policies and sticking by them. If you want your players to spread misinformation and you not revealing any 'easter eggs', we can agree more or less with this policy, but stay by it. What you cannot do, under any circumstance, is change those rules arbitrarily: ie. posting some information, then withdrawing it randomly. It was a stupid move. But I've seen this play to many times by many devs in the gaming industry to care any more.

But please, develop those internal guidelines and procedures and be consistent with them.

As for the economy, POE still is too based on a feudal economic model, during several patches this has changed, gradually, with the addition of crafting recipes, Masters (and now that the genies is out of the cage this will even get better), but as long as some anchors are lacking, and the wealth is not being recycled more frequently from top to bottom too, it will still be a feudal model. As I said, it has improved loads (diminishing importance of IQ/IIR, curving RNG, and better information transfer thanks to third party efforts), but still the temptation is there ever present in GGG minds: why ask "why not add chaos sinks", instead ask "why not add exalts faucets".

Reveal the exalt recipe! (or add one if it doesn't exist and make it public) Anchor the exalt value like other currencies (and remove mirrors while at it) and PoE economy will be at the best spot it has ever been (it already is much better than it used to be), more people will have access to crafting and in the end, fun.

Right now, with no changes, exalts will go up in relative value, but tier 2 items will be more widely available, and crafting of good items has become much viable than it was with eternals (as their drop ratios was stupid low), with those master crafting affixes being priced in exalts (which are more common than eternals). However it still is very hard to get exalts, too hard (I'm lvl 92 in WB, would be 93+ discounting deaths, and only got 3 exalts drop in the whole league, that's too damn low, I cannot afford crafting this way at all).
"
Peripherally wrote:
It would be really nice to see Chris and/or some other devs have some balls and admit the deletion of Qarl's post was wrong move on their part. Of course this assumes they believe it was wrong to begin with...and if they don't, then well I guess that will be the end of that.

It not the wrong move, they want players to figure it out themselves. Qarl made a mistake by posting that information thus he deleted it 10 minutes later. Shit happens.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I see people who keeps pointing out real world and this game. Fun fuct is most people like me play video games to keep away from the stress from real life. If i have to play video games that are just like real life where i get scamm and lied not only by other players but even by the developers in this bad economic game then i prefer to change game.
"
Verthurnax wrote:
I see people who keeps pointing out real world and this game. Fun fuct is most people like me play video games to keep away from the stress from real life. If i have to play video games that are just like real life where i get scamm and lied not only by other players but even by the developers in this bad economic game then i prefer to change game.

I guess that's the point, most people get fucked over by real world economy (that's how capitalism works, most market participants have to be losers else it doesn't work) and now we got the same thing in PoE and people get real mad.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Well, I got this

and I was just wondering if there isn't some king of recipe/mod combination that would allow me remove some shit (crit is shit for me) and add the +dmg. It would be great to have something to make the "mirrored" puff.

While I was thinking about it, something else came to mind: what if you have an item that has all the suffixes full, you craft on it "prefixes cannot be changed" and you exalt it. If this is possible,you'd add another suffix and you'd end up with an item that has +1/+2 suffixes and no prefixes.Two days ago, this would just made me laugh but now that the scouring orb does not remove everything, this seems possible.
"
Munkehboi wrote:
It's just a game, reading all these posts its seems so many people feel they have a sense of entitlement. I dont see how it effects the actual game play itself? You have a build, you kill monsters, you have fun. Would it be nice to have a godly item? Yes! Well go work for it.

If it was me who found this method, I wouldn't share it but that's my own decision to not share information. What GGG did was a mistake, it dosen't change anything if they are sorry or not, intended or not? Would you all feel better if they apologized?

The whole currency inflation issue, well it mirrors any economy, real life or not.

+1

people really need to put things in perspective
"
feeder_animal wrote:
Well, I got this

and I was just wondering if there isn't some king of recipe/mod combination that would allow me remove some shit (crit is shit for me) and add the +dmg. It would be great to have something to make the "mirrored" puff.

While I was thinking about it, something else came to mind: what if you have an item that has all the suffixes full, you craft on it "prefixes cannot be changed" and you exalt it. If this is possible,you'd add another suffix and you'd end up with an item that has +1/+2 suffixes and no prefixes.Two days ago, this would just made me laugh but now that the scouring orb does not remove everything, this seems possible.

Try it out and if it works profit from it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info