Sweep

"Swing a [Staff] or a [Two-handed Axe or Mace]". The lack of a comma means both Axe and Mace are tied to Two-handed. If Mace was separate from Two-handed, it would read "Swing a [Staff], [Two-handed Axe] or [Mace]".
Then again, I'm despised for my correcting of grammar on fair occasion :P

"
SEOINAGE wrote:
Does this skill still not rely on weapon speed? Does it gain bonus from faster attacks support or increased attack speed passives?

To my knowledge, it still has a fixed attack speed.
All Attacks benefit from IAS. They are Attacks, after all.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 24, 2013, 9:58:58 PM
Sweep misses a lot with resolute technique, I play default, but still die a lot and this would have been prevented if it hit like it should.
"
MrMordred wrote:
Sweep misses a lot with resolute technique, I play default, but still die a lot and this would have been prevented if it hit like it should.

I noticed this too, and chalked it up to the frequent desyncs that currently plague the PoE melee game.

Sweep is fun to use, powerful, and effective when you first obtain the skill gem from quest reward. Few levels later when you obtain a faster weapon and wonder why you are still sweeping at that god awful slow speed.

Then level 10 you get Leap Slam as a reward and never use sweep again (well, I do use it on occasion to break pots). Leap Slam does suffer from being unaffected by weapon speed as well, but the amount of damage you avoid by jumping around paired with the higher damage effectiveness beats standing still getting pelted by missles, spells, and interrupted while spamming sweep.

I'm pretty sure it is affected by weapon speed. I switched to a +9% attack speed axe at one point and it really did seem like it was going faster. I'll be linking Faster Attacks at some point in the future to see if that works.
Last edited by Nickoladze on Jan 29, 2013, 8:16:19 AM
"
Nickoladze wrote:
I'm pretty sure it is affected by weapon speed. I switched to a +9% attack speed axe at one point and it really did seem like it was going faster. I'll be linking Faster Attacks at some point in the future to see if that works.

Yes, quite right. +IAS makes Sweep faster, but variation in weapon speed (going from 0.95 attacks per second mace to 1.25 aps) makes no difference.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Sweep's speed, however, is affected by ias on items. Assuming it is also properly affected by skill ias, its base speed appears to be something like 0.87 attacks/sec.
1.15 seconds base attack time, which works out at 0.869ish attacks per second.

So 78% IAS from frenzy charges and other passives would give a Sweep that hits 1.55 attacks per second?
I have build RT Templar on two skills: Glacial Hammer with combined elemental damage on single monsters and Sweep with Life Leech on massess.

Around the end of cruel ACT II and totally in ACT III I am experiencing huge survivability problems.

I was/am partially blaming my average equipment, but I realized that I am not having problems 1v1s.

With over 2000 dps on Glacial Hammer I can easily froze and kill almost everything except act bosses and some unique bosses.

I started noticing that my problems are emerging when facing huge blob of enemies + with powerful ranged support. The reason is that I am NOT doing damage to lot of enemies around me and they are not being hitted/stunned. On the contrary, one or two successful stuns on me in the middle of such mob are certain death. Getting no stun passive is very huge investment for Templar, being 8 nodes far away from my build.

So now I have to think about alternative to Sweep. I have also 2nd skill Lighting Strike as a support and thinking about pimping it out and using as a primary offensive skill.

I was told that this issue is caused by server overload, but it is happening even on mornings/other times without heavy load on servers.

Do anyone have please more information about this or a helpful advice for sad Templar?

Ingame: KAZZNA
Last edited by Arclayd on Jan 30, 2013, 12:02:11 PM
I'd also like to report that I'm finding sweep a bit disappointing, entirely due to the fixed attack speed. This doesn't seem to have been done for any engine limitation reasons, given that IAS on weapons and passive tree effect the skill, and especially given that quality on the gem gives IAS.

The fixed speed seems to be a balance decision, perhaps to counter the utility of hitting 360 degrees around you. However, as the game goes on, this means that sweeps DPS will fall behind say, Ground Slam, given that GS uses weapon speed and will benefit from a faster weapon, even without IAS mods. Also, to be most effective sweep needs to be used while surrounded by mobs, placing you at far greater risk than GS, which effectively allows you to kite if you're quick enough.

Improving the AS of sweep isn't cheap. GCP's aren't cheap, nor is a sweep gem with decent quality already on it. Even at 20% you only get 10% IAS, which doesn't seem like much.
Right now i have a hard time to control my Anger.

Sweep has the strange Habit to miss absolutely everything sometimes, even with RT. I leaped into a group, swung my big hammer, but NOTHING happened. Then i was raped to death within a second.

Right now i´m rerolling onto another Char, because this stupid Sweep is unplayable this way.

Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
Last edited by MinasMorgul on Feb 2, 2013, 7:21:47 AM
I wonder why sweep only works for 2H Staff, Mace and Axe. Why is Sword left out? I think a 2h sword can be swung around as well.

If Sword is left out on purpose is there a 2H Sword only skill that works on a similar way as sweep?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info