Sweep

The tooltip for Sweep says that the damage is in a partial circle, "Swings a staff or a Two-Handed Staff or Mace around in a partial circle, knocking back some monsters around the character", however after some quick testing of letting my self get surrounded on about 10 different occasions I noticed this wasn't the case. Looking back through the posts I found this,
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
At the time, it also always did knockback.

It's now actually been changed back just the other day for 0.9.7 to a full circle.

It would appear the tooltip hasn't been updated yet to reflect this change back to a full circle.
Last edited by Aplier on Sep 8, 2012, 11:37:52 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, I've updated this.
I find sweep a bit too powerful until endgame. It fills a similar niche to Frost Nova, but is superior in many ways. Oddly enough, I do not see it knocking enemies back (as advertised). I do, however, see it killing enemies outright. Seems a bit unfair to be able to tank as a Witch cannot and crush all the critters around you starting at level 1, as an Intelligence user with Frost Nova cannot. Sweep rocks until the final difficulty, then drastically tapers off.

Also, + AoE affecting this skill seems cheesy, as you really don't make your axe or staff expand. I would
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I'd like to see the mana cost for sweep increase a bit.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Just curious, what quest gives this skill as a reward? no one in game has been able to give me an answer so far and i really want this for my templar...
"
gotenks563 wrote:
Just curious, what quest gives this skill as a reward? no one in game has been able to give me an answer so far and i really want this for my templar...

Have you seen Quest Reward List? Sweep is a reward for several quests, for several of the classes.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Leap slam is the most obvious example. There's no way to make an animation of a guy quickly crouching, leaping into the air, coming down again and crashing his weapon into the ground, which looks even vaguely decent if that entire animation takes the same time as it takes said guy to make a single quick strike with his weapon on something in front of him.

Instead of giving the gem a hardcoded attack speed, you could have it be a factor of weapon attack speed by using the weapon attack speed together with the "less" modifier (the opposite of the "more" modifier, I think).

For example, leap slam could be based on weapon attack speed, but have the "70% less attack speed modifier" built into the gem. This would allow leap slam to scale as usual without looking silly.

However, I feel like doing this for leap slam would give too much of an edge to fast weapons, and would tilt the game further in the favor of fast weapons. So as a "big numbers" guy who uses big slow 2H weapons, I'd actually personally prefer it to stay the same. I'm just throwing out an idea for other skills. :)
"
Silty wrote:
For example, leap slam could be based on weapon attack speed, but have the "70% less attack speed modifier" built into the gem. This would allow leap slam to scale as usual without looking silly.
This would make a huge range of speeds as which leap slam could be used, many of which would look silly.
Sweep still seems a fair bit worse than GS to me, the main reason probably being the fixed attack speed.

I also have to place myself in far more dangerous positions than GS to make it effective.

Also wouldn't mind seeing 2h swords being able to use sweep, 2h swords have nothing aside from cleave, it'd be nice if there was at least one generic true AOE attack.

I used this with a marauder (twice) in the 1 week turbo race, it was effective enough until about the start of merciless act 2 after which it became increasingly useless, again I think mainly due to the speed, at that point basically all weapons I picked up/bought and used were higher speed than sweep's attack speed. Basically stopped using it entirely after reaching merciless act 2, it simply wssn't effective enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info