Raise Zombie

Each Skill Gem grants you a separate Skill.
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Why can't a tooltip show numbers not from a player? Why such a limitation on querying?
Because encapsulation is good practice, and the character panel was built from the ground up to be about your character, not about completely separate other objects that may or may not exist.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Why can't a tooltip show numbers not from a player? Why such a limitation on querying?
Because encapsulation is good practice, and the character panel was built from the ground up to be about your character, not about completely separate other objects that may or may not exist.

I guess we might as well forget it then.

Although why can't we get minion stat information somewhere on the site then? As it stands there is no divercity in minion builds at all. For instance the new Raging Spirits have 50% phys to fire convertion, but since we have no idea of the actual damage they do, we can't be sure if the burn be any good. We also have no idea if putting them on a totem will make then unable to do any real damage to monsters with AA.

In a game with so much min-maxing, knowing nothing about skills is just ridiculous.

P.S. Why can we see minion life then on the tooltip?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Feb 12, 2014, 1:20:26 AM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:

Although why can't we get minion stat information somewhere on the site then? As it stands there is no divercity in minion builds at all. For instance the new Raging Spirits have 50% phys to fire convertion, but since we have no idea of the actual damage they do, we can't be sure if the burn be any good. We also have no idea if putting them on a totem will make then unable to do any real damage to monsters with AA.

In a game with so much min-maxing, knowing nothing about skills is just ridiculous.

You really think there's a lack of summoner diversity and that it's because we can't numerically compare different minions' dps?

People can, and do, simply try out different minion setups. If one minion has better damage or survivability, people can notice by enemies dying faster or their minions surviving longer.

I'm not saying that obscuring a minions exact damage is adding depth to the game, but it's not as crippling as a lot of people seem to claim.

About diversity; it was a problem when the only minion passives you could get where minion life, minion damage and minion numbers and any summoner would just get as many as possible in no particular order. But the passives are more differentiated now.

The only thing still homogenizing summoners is snapshotting. As long as summoners can wear a skullhead and an alpha's howl at the same time and have each individual minion supported with different support gems without actually spending the sockets most will just chose to do everything at once.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:

You really think there's a lack of summoner diversity and that it's because we can't numerically compare different minions' dps?

People can, and do, simply try out different minion setups. If one minion has better damage or survivability, people can notice by enemies dying faster or their minions surviving longer.

I'm not saying that obscuring a minions exact damage is adding depth to the game, but it's not as crippling as a lot of people seem to claim.

About diversity; it was a problem when the only minion passives you could get where minion life, minion damage and minion numbers and any summoner would just get as many as possible in no particular order. But the passives are more differentiated now.

The only thing still homogenizing summoners is snapshotting. As long as summoners can wear a skullhead and an alpha's howl at the same time and have each individual minion supported with different support gems without actually spending the sockets most will just chose to do everything at once.

Yes I do, it is one of the reasons (I even wrote an example of it). There is no divercity because we just don't know much about the skills, except bigger lvl = stronger. The biggest divercity hampering thing is inability to focus on a paticular minion and be very effective. All the other stuff just adds onto it (and yes including minion skills being a mystery).
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Yes I do, it is one of the reasons (I even wrote an example of it). There is no divercity because we just don't know much about the skills, except bigger lvl = stronger. The biggest divercity hampering thing is inability to focus on a paticular minion and be very effective. All the other stuff just adds onto it (and yes including minion skills being a mystery).

But the answer to your example is easily testable. Just summon a raging spirit and let it run up and hit something. You don't need to know the exact number in advance when the result of the number is easily discernible. It would be nice to know it though.

But I'll admit the passives still could offer a bit more specialization. If someone wants to build for strong skeletons he'd be a fool to not also have an army of zombies because the passives are exactly the same. But that's a discussion best had in the Passive Skill Tree/Keystone Feedback subforum.
"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:

But the answer to your example is easily testable. Just summon a raging spirit and let it run up and hit something. You don't need to know the exact number in advance when the result of the number is easily discernible. It would be nice to know it though.

But I'll admit the passives still could offer a bit more specialization. If someone wants to build for strong skeletons he'd be a fool to not also have an army of zombies because the passives are exactly the same. But that's a discussion best had in the Passive Skill Tree/Keystone Feedback subforum.

I keep hoping for new keystones that will allow sacrificing one type of minion for another.

For example:

*100% reduced number of zombies. +1 spectre per 4 zombies lost
*100% reduced number of spectres. +2 zombies, +4 skeletons
*100% reduced number of skeletons. +2 zombies or +1 spectre

I dunno, those #s are just made up, but something balanced. Some way to swap one type for another on a permanent basis.
"
onefinemess wrote:
I keep hoping for new keystones that will allow sacrificing one type of minion for another.

For example:

*100% reduced number of zombies. +1 spectre per 4 zombies lost
*100% reduced number of spectres. +2 zombies, +4 skeletons
*100% reduced number of skeletons. +2 zombies or +1 spectre

I dunno, those #s are just made up, but something balanced. Some way to swap one type for another on a permanent basis.

Yeah I considered suggesting something like that for my eternal unique but uniques shouldn't "fix" something like this. It would work much better as a keystone.
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Because that's feasible to fake - you (and therefore your skills) have a stats for minion base life, minion life increase, and minion total life as calculated from those.
That's feasible because life is a very simple calculation for minions, involving a simple calculation.
Damage stats make up fully half of the stat calculation files, and involve hundreds of calculations, in several layers, with far more inputs that we can't fake for minions like we can life, and even if we could duplicating all of those stats and maintaining separate ones alongside your own damage would be pretty much impossible.

As has been said before, displaying lots of minion stats in the character panel needs a massive refactor of what the character panel is (i.e. no longer just about the character) which is a huge task. It's planned, and will happen eventually. But not soon.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 12, 2014, 10:45:11 PM
That's awesome Mark. Thanks for the replies on this.

Would it be possible to show the "Unmodified" damage numbers without taking into account all your minion damage stats and gems and everything? In fact, it would be useful to set this precedent for other skills that show "unmodified" damage numbers, the only one I can think of right now is Viper Strike's displayed damage (and Raging Spirit and Summon Skeleton, I suppose).

If you could just display "Unmodified Damage 242-302" and set this precedent then it would prevent further confusion about which tool-tip stats are displayed with and without taking into account all of your passives and things.
IGN: Korbad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info