Raise Zombie

Spectres and zombies are fundamentally different things though, based on the simple mechanics of the skills.

Raise Zombie might well be reworded "Destroy s corpse and create minion X," where minion X has stats based on gem level, passives, equipment, and supports.

Raise Spectre however is "Destroy a corpse and create a minion version of IT with x% of it's original stats."
Lost 30 mins double-checking. Thanks! The Reds are coming! The Reds are coming!
I think the scaling down thing is causing some confusion, but again it's a function of how the skill works.

Since your Spectre has stats *based* upon a percentage of those of the corpse from which it's raised (before considering additions from passives and supports), it's notionally possible for a low level character to somehow acquire stupendously powerful spectres which could then steamroll the game for him. This is more a notional possibility than anything else (since quest gating means you can't actually take your level 5 character to merc solaris and get a banner to murder everything for you), but it's worth pointing out Desecrate would actually make it possible without this system - "WTS level 68 corpses in Normal Mud Flats, 1 alch" etc etc.

Conversely, the Zombie created by Raise Zombie has stats which are in every respect intrinsic to the player using the skill. The Gem Levels and Passive Points are already level gated, it's literally impossible to finesse that to subvert mechanics and get something you shouldn't have access to, so there's no more reason to scale them down than there is to scale down any other ability in the game.
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Why can't we get these numbers on minion tooltips?
Because they're completely separate from and not directly related to your stats, which is what your tooltips and character panel can see, and in fact don't exist as values anywhere to be queried even if that weren't the case.

This keeps getting explained enough that I have been thinking of drawing a picture to illustrate the problem, but that will have to wait for when I have time to do so, which might not be for a while.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 10, 2014, 10:31:40 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Because they're completely separate from and not directly related to your stats, which is what your tooltips and character panel can see, and in fact don't exist as values anywhere to be queried even if that weren't the case.

This keeps getting explained enough that I have been thinking of drawing a picture to illustrate the problem, but that will have to wait for when I have time to do so, which might not be for a while.

This really weirds me out, minions have specific stats so how can their values not exist anywhere to be queried? When they do damage/lose life/gain life those values are definitely queried...

If you created another UI tab called 'minions' and populated its values the moment a minion was created (since before its creation, there are no values to query if I'm understanding you correctly), we'd see these numbers, no?
Last edited by elvy on Feb 10, 2014, 11:11:02 PM
In your character screen, if you select "raise zombie", it should be able to tell you some stats about the zombies. Like damage, defense, resistances, iir/iiq etc etc. The lack of it makes zombies an informational blackhole at this moment.
My wife stole 10 levels from me, and my job stole another 2. That is why I am still level 88.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:

A picture would be very nice, since I cannot fathom values not existing anywhere (where did the zombie damage post come from then?), nor can I understand inability to put raw numbers on the tooltips, as I remember correctly there were/are many skills that give exactly that. Why can't a tooltip show numbers not from a player? Why such a limitation on querying?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Feb 11, 2014, 1:58:37 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
in fact don't exist as values anywhere to be queried even if that weren't the case.
Will you explain why they don't exist? I'm guessing zombies do X% of "monster level X base damage"? That formula would explain snapshotting too, since you wouldn't want to keep re-calculating their base damage.

"
Galadedrid wrote:
This is more a notional possibility than anything else (since quest gating means you can't actually take your level 5 character to merc solaris and get a banner to murder everything for you), but it's worth pointing out Desecrate would actually make it possible without this system - "WTS level 68 corpses in Normal Mud Flats, 1 alch" etc etc.
Not possible:
"
Rory wrote:
The corpses are based on the level of your Desecrate skill, though can't go too far above the area level.
Oopsie@below
Last edited by ttylol on Feb 11, 2014, 9:13:40 AM
"
Desecrate would actually make it possible without this system

A quick question! This is not just for Summon Zombies but any skill really...

If i take 2 Summon Zombie gems and have them on different pieces of equipment and link them to 3 different support gems (for eg., in one i have them with damage abilities and the other with defensive or IIQ/IIR), which set of supports will the zombie spawn with? Or will there be 2 diffferent set of zombies?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info